The Passing of an Icon: Leinfors

View attachment 400042

There will be no State of the Game this month. It was scheduled to go live today, but obviously, this is not the time. We will fill everyone in on what's going on next month. Please feel free to ask any questions, share memories of Leinfors, or just to grieve together here in this thread.

We love you all - thanks for your support in this devastating​
thank you leinfors, for everything

Man it feels like a minute since I've been here... and even with a few days to think about it, it's impossible to find the right words for it all, but I'll try.

Leinfors was one of the most fantastic people I've ever had the pleasure of meeting and working with. Not just a friend but a mentor, he taught me so much, basically trained me how to QA back in the day imparting all he knew about game design. However, that's just the surface, he touched my life in ways people seldom get to experience. If I may, I'd like to share a few with you all. I'm pretty open now but once upon a time, before I started with Relogic, I was wheelchair bound, mute, and a complete shut in capable of very little.

When I started joining in on stuff with the beta testers he was there, already helping people. He said he saw a lot of potential in me, talked with me in private a lot and eventually I was added to the team. From there we ended up talking every day (and did up until his passing for countless years!) about pretty much every and any subject, but one thing was consistent, when I had a problem he was always there to talk about it with me, no matter how busy he was. He was the one that convinced me to get surgery and cheered me while going through physical therapy, he literally is the reason I can walk. Of course while working with Re-Logic, it's expected to talk on mic with others which SHOULD be an easy thing, but I've grown up with quite a lot of trauma, but Leinfors... he literally stayed up till the wee hours of the morning many nights just talking with me on mic until i started getting comfortable talking, now I'm a streamer and you cant shut me up, something I never thought possible. But, possibly the biggest one of all, he made me comfortable enough with myself to tell others that I'm transgender, something I was deathly afraid of before.

Terraria has over 1 million overwhelmingly positive reviews, something I always like to point out with him, the games fantastic, but it woulden't be as fantastic if not for the QA team making sure everything worked right, and he spearheaded it. He always liked to joke about himself saying that he had no formal training but honestly... that didn't matter, no "professional" could have come anywhere near what the team needed like he did. We didn't just lose a member of relogic, we lost a great person, a literal legend, and the world itself is a darker place without him in it. It hurts my heart to look online and see his icon there, and even more that his last words to me were "it will get better" but I will etch those words into my soul as his last bit of advice. Farewell my friend, and have a good rest.

This absolutely saddens me, I had a short talk with him a few weeks ago on Steam when he started playing Dead Space (Remake), I sent him the message "MAKE US WHOLE". As he responded back, "You will never get me you necromorph scum!". I believe we had a short discussion, and I hope he had the chance to beat that game. I can't believe he is truly gone, I can't understand. My brain is rambling what took him from us.

It was Leinfors that got me into TCF during the Beta Phase when I signed up, helping the forum grow and testing out features including the Groups. I even got the "Master of Ravens" custom title thanks to the effort and help that I contributed. I feel so left out of the closure that I almost feel like when I talked to him on Dead Space he was already going through something that took him away from us.

Thank you so much for giving me a place to be, I wish I had gotten to know him even more. I hope to see "In Loving Memory, of Leinfors" in credits when the Dead Cells update is released. It deserves to be added.

Regards,
Marcus K.

i made this in leinfors' honor
2023-02-24_09.59.07.png

Loved the guy. He was one of my first comments under my first time showing off my minifigure scale lego terraria dungeon. And then i annoyed him for a while to give the muramasa a 2 damage buff, intstead i mightve ended up being one of the main reasons he debuffed it two damage. he was an amazing person. I just wish i got to know him more.
but there is one thing i will say:
may the lushious lockes be with you, always…….

Last edited:
What the hell? what happen?

this is actually sad. But how in the absolute hell did a 40 year old die? I'm very curious, but I respect privacy; so I shall leave my curiosity to question. And now, we shall put our F's in the chat for him.
F

I guess I may as well ask now, since it may help to know, and it seems nobody else has brought it up.
What came about to cause Leinfors's death? Or is it unknown?
As far as we know, Jason passed from natural causes in his sleep. Please don't inquire any further than that.

Last edited:
As far as we know, Jason passed from natural causes in his sleep. Please don't inquiry any further than that.
Thats fair enough, I just looked to see if if there was STOG February and I saw this, Im not only shocked but deeply saddened, Ive met him here and had a bit of a mess about with him, and even though I didnt know him that well, he seems a really good and understanding bloke and a respected developer of the team, but I had nothing but respect for him like I do with the devs, mods, admin, and staff, but I am really sad to know we lost a respected member of the community and a friend.

To the devs, I am SO sorry for the loss of your teammate and friend, and to Leinfor's family I am really sorry for your loss, having lost my Uncle Tony a year ago and my Grandpa Thomas a year and a half back, I know how sad and depressing it is to lose a family member especially a close or immediate family member, I will pray for you in my thoughts tonight, I hope we can all find a way to commerate his life and achievements, I will try and make something myself to commerate losing Leinfors though we are not related and dont know each other.

But if you guys need to take time off from developing for a while to grieve and mourn your loss, I totally understand I am here for you guys, if you need to talk.

....Wow. I did not expect this. Life has a tendency to hit you when you least expect it, and this just strengthens that feeling.

Rest In Peace, Leinfors. You will be missed.

I still can't believe he's gone he's a great guy from what I heard and from my interactions, I wont ask how he died out of respect for him and his friends and family, but that's kinda dampened me a little mood wise, knowing we lost a good man, again I will respect the wishes for privacy of his friends and family.

Last edited:
View attachment 400042

There will be no State of the Game this month. It was scheduled to go live today, but obviously, this is not the time. We will fill everyone in on what's going on next month. Please feel free to ask any questions, share memories of Leinfors, or just to grieve together here in this thread.

We love you all - thanks for your support in this devastating time.​
Losing someone is never a fun thing, no matter if they are a co-worker, a friend, a family member or anything else. Rest in Peace.

...Rest well, Leinfors.
that's the fourth death of someone I in a way care about that's happened in the past 3 weeks or so...
Leinfors was a major inspiration to me when I 1st started browsing TCF. It is safe to say I found my style as a Forum Moderator because of him. Without him, many of us would not be where we are today.

Not only has he done so much for Terraria, for Re-Logic. He has been a fantastic friend and was always supportive with every forum member. If you needed help, Lein always had time for you. A small conversation with Lein easily made my day brighter. It could be about Terraria or anything non-Terraria related.

I'm saddened by the loss of a close friend. It will not be the same without Lein, as Re-Logic has lost an important family member.

I will continue to be as strong as I can for everyone else on the Forums. If anyone wishes to talk about Leinfors or their sorrows. You may talk with me. I will listen.
I sadly never got the chance to talk with him. I tried talking to him recently, But it was too late... He was gone.. now I can never talk to him. But atleast I still have you.

I can't say I knew Jason well at all, but seeing just how many of my closest friends have had such great or even life-changing interactions with him, and are now so devastated by this news, is just utterly heartbreaking. Hard to believe someone so great, who meant so much to so many, could be taken from us so soon.

Last edited:
View attachment 400042

We love you all - thanks for your support in this devastating time.​
This is awful
I haven't been an active member in the community for a while but I've still been playing the game regularly for years and have felt the sheer impact of his work in QA. He was amazing at what he did and will be missed.
May he rest peacefully <3

Back
Top Bottom