The Passing of an Icon: Leinfors

View attachment 400042

There will be no State of the Game this month. It was scheduled to go live today, but obviously, this is not the time. We will fill everyone in on what's going on next month. Please feel free to ask any questions, share memories of Leinfors, or just to grieve together here in this thread.

We love you all - thanks for your support in this devastating time.​
I apologize I'm a Johnny Come Lately but I just read this & I wanted to offer my condolences. You & his family will be in my prayers.

My deepest condolences goes out to Re-Logic and Leinfros' loved once.

At first i though Leinfors' had moved to another job, only to realize that sadly wasn't the case.
:(

While i didn't know too much about Leinfors, but i had on several occasions talked with him
both on the forum and DMs, often the topic about Issues and bugs related to sprites and modding without the need of TML (Texturepacks) and oddities I've come across.
But also lending my knowledge to help with issues and troubleshooting regrading Texture/Resourcepacks,
either question or issues they've had stumbled onto with either using or making their own Texturepack alongside Leinfors.
^^

To me Leinfors seemed to be in the center of Re-Logic, by how he knew each other Re-Logic member's
knowledge and Expertise in their field in regards to question and bugs, by whom would be the best to pass it over to or discuses it with.
also that he were easy to talk with.
XD

Before Leinfors' passing, i were writing up things i though could improve the Texturepacks and Resourcepacks
Sadly i didn't get to share them with him, as i very much would had liked know what he though about them.
which left me at a loss, not as much as Re-Logic and he's loved once obviously, but as someone that were fund of the discussions we had in DMs.

Whenever your think of something, that would have sounded like something Leinfors would have said, he might just had visited you from beyond.
No one is truly gone, as long they stay in our heart and memories.

I would be surprised if there were not a of memorial to Leinfors ingame in Terraria 1.5+
^^

View attachment 400042

There will be no State of the Game this month. It was scheduled to go live today, but obviously, this is not the time. We will fill everyone in on what's going on next month. Please feel free to ask any questions, share memories of Leinfors, or just to grieve together here in this thread.

We love you all - thanks for your support in this devastating time.​
Just heard the news and came back to pay my respects. R.I.P Leinfors.

As with many other people here in the comments, I would like to pay my respects for Leinfors. I never knew him personally and only ever interracted with him a few times on these forums. What I think is truly upsetting is the man who poured at his devotion to developing and bettering this game has passed, and at a young age at that. Leinfors was always someone who interracted with the community in such a strong manner and was no doubt a key link in relationships between said community and the developers. This level of respect is something earned, and he earned it. I respected him as a person who cared about his work for the wonderful game that is Terraria, and now he has passed. I hope his soul rests well.

I would rather die in place of anyone else, everyone else is too perfect to depart this world.
Each person is unique, and you too. Just think about what you have achieved in this life, and to whom you are important. For example, I absolutely do not want to die now because I am quite young and haven't yet built my life, but I have already made a cool mod, I work in several development teams, many persons knows me on these forums, I have a best friend who is the dearest person for me, I have learned so much in my life, which is just beginning, and I do not want to interrupt it at all. No, I'm not afraid of death, I just want to have time to do everything before I leave it. When I do everything for which I came into this world, I will leave, as equals left this world.

I don't know what to say. I have been inactive for quite a while now and come back every so often to check things. I... I'm in complete shock. You were the reason I was able to become a somewhat active part in helping Terraria blossom into what it became. I always regret not taking as much of an active role in the game as I should've. You were always there willing to welcome me back with open arms. I'm truly hurt hearing this news and hearing it so late. I wish I could've found out sooner. Goodbye, Jason, I'll miss you.

Back
Top Bottom