Mobile The Path Ahead: Major News Updates for Console & Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, no :/ the system is just too old to handle new content well.
hey man help me out im really annoyed right now because i have a ipad mini 1st generation that has plenty of storgae space and i keep hearing people saying ur going to need like 1.5 gb of ram which is ridicoulous for older devices to handle 1.3, but i have been playing for about ever since it came out on ios with the ipad mini and i dont wanna have to start again after 4 years of terraria work so plz answer this cleanly whatever way u want do you think ipad mini would handle 1.3 i mean pipework studios did say they want people with older devices to have a smooth play with 1.3 the key word there older devices ipad mini back in 2013/2014 is kinda old so maybe pipeworks studios will make it playable on my device right ? :merchantsad:
[doublepost=1491568107,1491567952][/doublepost]
H

hey man help me out im really annoyed right now because i have a ipad mini 1st generation that has plenty of storgae space and i keep hearing people saying ur going to need like 1.5 gb of ram which is ridicoulous for older devices to handle 1.3, but i have been playing for about ever since it came out on ios with the ipad mini and i dont wanna have to start again after 4 years of terraria work so plz answer this cleanly whatever way u want do you think ipad mini would handle 1.3 i mean pipework studios did say they want people with older devices to have a smooth play with 1.3 the key word there older devices ipad mini back in 2013/2014 is kinda old so maybe pipeworks studios will make it playable on my device right ? :merchantsad:

Such as reducing texture quality or lighting/ shadow quality or maybe just reducing the graphics to make it playable,

And this here is also a message to pipeworks

Such as reducing texture quality or lighting/ shadow quality or maybe just reducing the graphics to make it playable,

It will be unfair for those who have powerful device or the one who buy new device to play the 1.3 in the lower settings of the game. We all know that the terraria demands power both graphics and ram. It will not be worth the wait if the game will be in the lower settings.

Maybe, supposed that the 1.3 update that will be rolled out will have advance option to do that thing as you mentioned.

It will be unfair for those who have powerful device or the one who buy new device to play the 1.3 in the lower settings of the game. We all know that the terraria demands power both graphics and ram. It will not be worth the wait if the game will be in the lower settings.

Maybe, supposed that the 1.3 update that will be rolled out will have advance option to do that thing as you mentioned.
Why dont they just have the same graphics as they have now but just add the new enemies bosses weapons and armour and well everything else

Why dont they just have the same graphics as they have now but just add the new enemies bosses weapons and armour and well everything else
Graphics are not the issue, memory is. The developers have stated they are not willing to port only specific elements of 1.3 to consoles: either 1.3 in its entirety, or not at all. Unfortunately 1.3 in its entirety requires a lot of additional system memory, memory that old devices simply do not have. 'Just' adding the new enemies, bosses, weapons and armour, together with the background architecture those need to work, would already be too much for an old device to handle. :(

There is only so much that can be stripped away before the game no longer resembles it's intended vision. That's why they've drawn a strong line of what will be updated and what will be kept where it is.

I have been playing on the 360 since 1.1 but on Christmas I got an Xbox one but since I didn't have Xbox live for my 360 I have to rebuild everything I have built. :nymph::red2:`:sigh:~:sigh::nursesigh::merchantsigh:%:sigh::sigh:

I have been playing on the 360 since 1.1 but on Christmas I got an Xbox one but since I didn't have Xbox live for my 360 I have to rebuild everything I have built. :nymph::red2:`:sigh:~:sigh::nursesigh::merchantsigh:%:sigh::sigh:
If you have Gold membership on your Xbox One you will also have it on your 360, as long as you log in using the same user credentials. If you have created a new account, you will have to share your Gold membership with the old account.

There is only so much that can be stripped away before the game no longer resembles it's intended vision. That's why they've drawn a strong line of what will be updated and what will be kept where it is.

I see, i guess i will have to wait and see if the new update will run properly on my ipad
But just to say cant wait for the new update
[doublepost=1491905843,1491905713][/doublepost]
Graphics are not the issue, memory is. The developers have stated they are not willing to port only specific elements of 1.3 to consoles: either 1.3 in its entirety, or not at all. Unfortunately 1.3 in its entirety requires a lot of additional system memory, memory that old devices simply do not have. 'Just' adding the new enemies, bosses, weapons and armour, together with the background architecture those need to work, would already be too much for an old device to handle. :(

But would an ipad mini 1 generation work with 1.3 (your opinion)

if it did that would've meant PS Vita would be getting 1.3. As it's been said PS Vita is counted amongst the old gen units that will not get 1.3.

But i have alot of Memory/Storage i have 8.9 GB out of 12.0 GB so should that be enough :pumpking:

storage and RAM aren't the same thing. AS far as my knowledge goes RAM helps run the game. storage memory just contains all the data. Think of it as a warehouse. Your storage memory stores the game itself while your RAM is like your forklift truck. the more RAM you have the faster it finds the data so your graphics card and your processor can render it. Might be a bad way of putting it since I don't have a perfect understanding of how it works but that's the closest explanation I can give.

if it did that would've meant PS Vita would be getting 1.3. As it's been said PS Vita is counted amongst the old gen units that will not get 1.3.

Potentially, but remember that mobile ran a more "limited" version of the game (in regards to UI/world size/etc) than Vita or other consoles did. That said, even the CURRENT mobile codebase left <1gb phones behind already. So, yeah, it would be a longshot at the very best for a 512mb to run this....and by longshot, I mean it is very likely not going to work.

storage and RAM aren't the same thing. AS far as my knowledge goes RAM helps run the game. storage memory just contains all the data. Think of it as a warehouse. Your storage memory stores the game itself while your RAM is like your forklift truck. the more RAM you have the faster it finds the data so your graphics card and your processor can render it. Might be a bad way of putting it since I don't have a perfect understanding of how it works but that's the closest explanation I can give.

A guy that was working with terraria told me that memory was the problem / RAM but how much ram would i need to run 1.3 on mobile and how do i check how much i have, the only option i do have is to see how much storage which is 8.3 GB, and plus pipeworks said old gen devices will still manage to run 1.3 and ipad mini is far from old gen its only three years maybe like ipad 2 and ipad 3 would be old gen so maybe im fine and im stressing too much

Currently, the cut off is 1gb. That is only representative of the existing codeglue code as though. No one knows yet what the cut off will be for 1.3.

For the iPad mini, it likely will depend on which generation you have: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPad_Mini

I have second generation made in 2013, but my ipad runs terraria quite smoothly with only minor bugs, and ipad mini 2nd gen is not even that old really I actually think that my ipad mini might actually hold up for terraria 1.3 but I have to wait and see, plus my friend has ipad 2 and he runs it great as well but I run it just a tad bit better.

BUT here is a question to you, Do YOU think that I will be fine for a few more updates ? :indifferent:

I have second generation made in 2013, but my ipad runs terraria quite smoothly with only minor bugs, and ipad mini 2nd gen is not even that old really I actually think that my ipad mini might actually hold up for terraria 1.3 but I have to wait and see, plus my friend has ipad 2 and he runs it great as well but I run it just a tad bit better.

Glad it runs well for you guys now - that may or may not hold true for 1.3 and beyond... we will just have to wait and see how the hardware requirements come back. Second Gen Minis have 1gb RAM, so you would be ok for now at least. However, again, none of us know yet what 1.3 will need on mobile.

BUT here is a question to you, Do YOU think that I will be fine for a few more updates ?

Doesn't really matter what I think, as bad as that sounds. You and I both have to wait and see what Pipeworks comes back with as hardware requirements. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom