Official The Path Ahead: Major News Updates for Console & Mobile

Discussion in 'Mobile General Talk' started by 505Games, Jul 25, 2016.

1. Proto Persona

Proto Persona Spazmatism

4GB of RAM is going to be an extremely expensive phone. Mine has 2GB and it's rather new. I'd say 2GB should be a safe bet on a new device for Terraria. I'm not a dev though, so your guess is as good as mine.

2. Nike Leon

Nike Leon Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Terraria has never had cross save capability between different hardware companies. Each version is coded somewhat differently so that it functions on the different operating system. I don't know if it will be true after the 1.3 update for Mobile, but Mobile Terraria has always been a very parsed down version of Console Terraria. Often certain mechanics, like watches, are missing due to hardware limitations. If they break away from this then I don't see how past save files will be able to port over anyway so really I'd assume there's no possibility of him porting over his character from iOS.

Unfortunately hardware requirements haven't been released for the new Mobile version yet so nobody can really answer your question. Sorry to disappoint.

Chuggs Gaming likes this.
  3. Saintaqua

Saintaqua Terrarian

oh thanks for the information I will bought a new phone if my phone specification is not enough to play terraria 1.3

4. The Dark Lord99999

The Dark Lord99999 Terrarian

but get terraria on pc its so much better eccspecially now its gonna get new updates plus its really cheap, a long time ago in 2011 my brother got it on sale for $2.50

I got it for $10 so again extremely cheap.

but
    man my iPad just shattered and couldn't get anyone to fix it so I decided to get the game on steam on my pc.

already got crimson armour, but it feels so weird having such little damage and defence but its pretty good to play the game again especially now I get to finally kill that moon lord once and for all to finally get the endgame armours, ahh feels good, plus all the new things they added like you know the crossover between dungeon defenders 2 the new events and npcs and weapons and armour and a whole lot, its pretty damn good

I LOVE TERRARIA EVEN MORE NOW :rslime::kingslime::rslime:

<double post merged>

that sucks.

get the game on pc or ios then

or just get a PS4

but I would suggest not getting it on psvita the controls are horrible, you know since its a vita not terraria's fault just because its a vita lol

I WOULD suggest getting it on ios, the game is only like 8 bucks and the 1.3 update is coming out for it at the end of June I believe.

or get it on pc, I think from

GO SUBSCRIBE TO HIM, GOOD YOUTUBER I SAY.

chippy gaming video the game it runs fine with a really cheap laptop so you don't really need a great laptop

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
    Kitsune-han likes this.
  5. Storm Dragonica

Storm Dragonica Terrarian

S-So, no lunar events to mobile!? Nuuuuuuuuuuu

6. TimeHax

TimeHax Terrarian

How come the 1.3 update isn't coming to PS3, honestly I find that :red:ed.
    The smartest thing you guys have done was add Terraria on console but what is the point of having Terraria on PS3 if your not going to add one of the biggest updates that PC had???
    PS. I know this is the chat for Xbox 360 but I couldn't find the chat for PS3 :)
    And I'm not telling or asking you to take Terraria off PS3 I'm just asking for 1 thing, please add the 1.3 update to PS3 me and my son like playing it together but now he is number out because it isn't coming out to PS3 just Xbox 1 and PS4

7. Wolf kin

Wolf kin Skeletron Prime

Well, to put it simple, both Xbox 360 and ps3 are 12 years old. I think of it like this. Would you update a console almost no one buys? Or would you update a console almost everyone buys?

And here's the main reasons that was given by @Unit One who quoted from @ClearConscious

https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/no-more-updates-for-xbox-360-ps3-ps-vita-wii-u.51593/

8. TimeHax

TimeHax Terrarian

Well you have a point but still they should add it because I have a bunch of friends that have a PS3 or Xbox 360 and not just on the consoles in real life too
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 8, 2017, Original Post Date: Jun 8, 2017 ---
    And PS. I would update it because I know a lot of people still play ps3 and Xbox 360.

9. Loki

Loki Consigliere Staff Member Re-Logic Administrator

Where did you draw that conclusion? 1.3 is coming to mobile - unless you have a device that cannot handle whatever the final hardware requirements turn out to be.

Nike Leon and diekonradish like this.
  10. Cuberria

Cuberria Terrarian

So, what you guys are saying is that 1.3 is coming to wii u?
    My son is getting pretty upset and thinking that 1.3 isn't coming to wii u.

Kitsune-han likes this.
  11. Unit One

Unit One Moderator Staff Member Moderator

The Wii U will not be receiving any more updates, and will not be getting the 1.3 update. You can read more here: Wii U Update and 3DS News

Nike Leon and diekonradish like this.
  12. savvasl

savvasl Steampunker

Man still waiting for 1.3 mobile :confused: . I guess it will be worth our while if they add controller support , the touch screen is pretty annoying and maybe multiplayer xD

Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
  13. Blank4882

Blank4882 Terrarian

Aw I have Ps3 and nobody wants to buy a new terraria....
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 24, 2017, Original Post Date: Jun 24, 2017 ---
    Aw I have a ps3 and nobody wants to buy terraria on pc...

14. The TechnoMancer

The TechnoMancer Eye of Cthulhu

Finally... I get to do more stuff when I cannot access my computer.

savvasl likes this.
  15. ItsRedTurtle

ItsRedTurtle Terrarian

Im so happy that 1.3 is almost there! But Q2 is almost over, will it be late? I would love to know that can i play it after my vacation.

16. savvasl

savvasl Steampunker

Agreed. It is about time xD

The TechnoMancer likes this.
  17. The TechnoMancer

The TechnoMancer Eye of Cthulhu

You too, huh? `:)

18. savvasl

savvasl Steampunker

Well yeah :) It will make my life easier xD I wish there is controller support thought :p

19. Nike Leon

Nike Leon Moderator Staff Member Moderator

ItsRedTurtle likes this.
  20. Proto Persona

Proto Persona Spazmatism

PC already has full controller support actually.

diekonradish likes this.