Mobile The Path Ahead: Major News Updates for Console & Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Q2 2017 hm? Well it’s DECEMBER ALREADY and not a peep... I’m starting to believe that it’s been abandoned for the latest hits, like Portal Knights...
Nope. The developers have explained in the other 1.3 patch update threads the plan currently is as follows.
1.3 patch for PS4/XB1>hotfixes as needed for that version>Switch and mobile phone version of 1.3>hotfixes as needed>Next patch for PS4/Xb1. Rinse and repeat as needed.

A long time coming, this - super excited for all the changes....and for a clear path to 1.3 on console and mobile!!!!

Shame about the old gen consoles - but I think we all kind of had to see this coming, given the big hardware requirement increases with 1.3 (we saw the same with really old PCs when we launched 1.3 a year ago).

Even more excited for the "Reset" and how 1:1 the build looks versus PC - toss in "narrowing the update gaps" and I am really super optimistic for the future here on console and mobile.

Welcome aboard Pipeworks folks - glad to have you aboard, and here's hoping that you make yourselves right at home! :)

The future is bright indeed! :cool:

So did i miss something? When will the current gen update to PC version?

So... what about the 3DS version?

Comment got buried so I'll put it here instead :) Rage on.

So, there's to be no rewrite of the 3DS or Wii U versions. Couldn't you have gotten someone a bit more competent than CodeGlue to have made the 3DS version? =/ We're just supposed to be content with build mode. Yay. Build mode... yay... eugh.

Nintendo users pay more than everyone else to get less than everyone else. It's a bit of a joke really. It doesn't even work half the time.

So I'm to assume that if RAM's the problem, and a 3DS doesn't have even as much as a PS Vita, then we're not even going to be on par with where the Vita version is. We'll get a few more items here and there. Woop! We're not ever going to get our Online Multiplayer or larger worlds, are we? Meh. You're never going to make use of the New 3DS' extra RAM, are you? Meh!

'Most people that play on 3DS have an old 3DS - so we want to optimize the game for that system!'

'Most people that play Xbox have a 360 - but we're going to make the game better on Xbox One!' Alllllllllllllrighty then.

Judging by how closely they're working with Sony & Microsoft I wouldn't be remotely surprised if this was a little deal to try to get people to upgrade!

Prediction - we'll continue to get bug fixes for 3DS (that ironically introduce more bugs), until CodeGlue's contract is up, then we'll get one final 'have some summons' or something farewell update, then, again, RAM being cited as the issue for no online multiplayer or larger worlds. Forgotten about.

I know, I know. I'm like a broken record. But somebody needs to fight for justice here!
I have a question that most people have probrobly said, in mobile, and console. Will there be online severs in the new update?:sigh:

Well I don't know if anybody has ask this in previous pages, but is there any estimated release date for mobile?
As soon as the PS4/XB1 versions have been hotfixed to deal with the remaining major bugs they will start working on the mobile and Switch platforms together. They are months away from a mobile/Switch update.

Ok, so a lot is happening and new updates are being released for the consoles except for one. I've looked everywhere but I can't seem to find a straight answer for what's going on with the Nintendo Switch version of Terraria.

Terraria for Nintendo Switch was supposed to releases last year but now we don't even have a release date. I'm sure I speak for all my fellow Nintendo Switch Terrarians when I say that we would very much appreciate some answers.

I hope I don't come off as hostile or rude but there's a whole community here waiting on you. Just think how much more money you could be making with Terraria for Nintendo Switch.
All I'm looking for is at least an explanation if not a forecast or estimated date of arrival.

Me and every other Nintendo Switch Terrarians would really appreciate some answers.

Thanks,
CabalisticKoala366

Ok, so a lot is happening and new updates are being released for the consoles except for one. I've looked everywhere but I can't seem to find a straight answer for what's going on with the Nintendo Switch version of Terraria.

Terraria for Nintendo Switch was supposed to releases last year but now we don't even have a release date. I'm sure I speak for all my fellow Nintendo Switch Terrarians when I say that we would very much appreciate some answers.

I hope I don't come off as hostile or rude but there's a whole community here waiting on you. Just think how much more money you could be making with Terraria for Nintendo Switch.
All I'm looking for is at least an explanation if not a forecast or estimated date of arrival.

Me and every other Nintendo Switch Terrarians would really appreciate some answers.

Thanks,
CabalisticKoala366
The Switch version is planned to be released at the same time as the mobile update. The last announced plan was that the devs are gonna finish hotfixing the PS4/XB1 versions and get them stable. Then development will move on to porting 1.3 for Switch and mobile. You're looking at a few months at least until the game hits the Switch. No matter how much money they might be losing right now, you don't want the game ported over in its current state anyways.

The Switch version is planned to be released at the same time as the mobile update. The last announced plan was that the devs are gonna finish hotfixing the PS4/XB1 versions and get them stable. Then development will move on to porting 1.3 for Switch and mobile. You're looking at a few months at least until the game hits the Switch. No matter how much money they might be losing right now, you don't want the game ported over in its current state anyways.
Ok. Thanks so much for your response. I really appreciate it :-D

That last part, "We're also resolving a few other things for the next PS4 & Xbox One patch before doing final testing & submission." Does that mean they're doing one more patch for consoles before they do testing and submission for mobile?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom