Mobile The Path Ahead: Major News Updates for Console & Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now is the time to uninstall Terraria and play another cool games with good management of development. Do you still belive the update will come? Lol this will never happen, just look at Overworld. Just forget Terraria, remember even Terraria does not care about you waiting for years.:sigh:

Bye Terraria

Hint: 2069 Terraria still on 1.2
That's a very harsh thing too say, how can you be for certain that the update will "Never" come out, you will not know that for sure if you actually experience it, instead of making false remarks, you are just extremely impatient.

More items is one thing I hope for in the mobile edition. That way it's more like the pc and console editions. I also think the key mold drop rate should be higher.;)
[doublepost=1532413969,1532413545][/doublepost]
1. Still some fixes ongoing on the main code branch ( what is now known as console)
2. User Interface and Controls are two MAJOR gameplay design and implementation elements... especially on Mobile where you are weaving in touch controls on top of things like virtual joysticks and the like.
2a. Now couple that challenge with the wide variety of screen sizes out there....
3. QA for mobile is a very tough challenge due to device diversity. iOS is a bit simpler, but there are literally hundreds of Android devices globally - and just because one version of Phone A doesn't have an issue, some other configuration in another location might. You have to tackled that up front AND on the back end.
4. As Proto noted, this is a full fresh codebase here, not just an update. Getting optimization right so that it will work well on as many devices as possible is a big task.
*Applauds amazing explanation of why the update is taking some time*

Anyone who is thinking the mobile update is a joke u can STFU BECAUSE SOME OF US ARE EXITED ABOUT IT AND THINK IT IS REAL!!! :mad::merchantmad::nursemad::dryadmad:~:mad:`:mad:
Hi there @TheOrangeCat, welcome to the forums. :)

Going forward, outbursts like this aren't in line with our rules or culture. I know it can be frustrating, but please try to keep your posts courteous. Thanks.

I’m sorry if this has been answered before but if I have an old phone, can I transfer my progress to another phone for the update? Thx!

More items is one thing I hope for in the mobile edition. That way it's more like the pc and console editions. I also think the key mold drop rate should be higher.

Since this update they speak of is the 1.3 update, all the items contained within 1.3 on PC will be added, as well as a more optimized user interfaces. Also in 1.3, Biome Key Molds are replaced directly with the appropriate Biome Keys, however the drop chance remains the same at 0.04% per enemy killed in the respective biome.

More items is one thing I hope for in the mobile edition. That way it's more like the pc and console editions. I also think the key mold drop rate should be higher.;)
[doublepost=1532413969,1532413545][/doublepost]
*Applauds amazing explanation of why the update is taking some time*

Wake up, it's not real

I’m sorry if this has been answered before but if I have an old phone, can I transfer my progress to another phone for the update? Thx!
Someone suggested "the cloud", but cloud saves are very broken indeed, so I would not recommend using that if you ever want to use your worlds again. If you have root on both phones, you can backup Terraria with TitaniumBackup, and restore the backup on the newer device. If you don't have root, you can try factory resetting the new device, and then use Android's built-in data transfer tool to transfer all of your applications and data, Terraria included.
That is... if you have an Android phone... hm.
With iOS, I think you can backup your old device with iTunes, and restore the backup to the new device -- though I don't use iTunes often. I'm not sure if using it would work in this case.

Someone suggested "the cloud", but cloud saves are very broken indeed, so I would not recommend using that if you ever want to use your worlds again. If you have root on both phones, you can backup Terraria with TitaniumBackup, and restore the backup on the newer device. If you don't have root, you can try factory resetting the new device, and then use Android's built-in data transfer tool to transfer all of your applications and data, Terraria included.
That is... if you have an Android phone... hm.
With iOS, I think you can backup your old device with iTunes, and restore the backup to the new device -- though I don't use iTunes often. I'm not sure if using it would work in this case.
Backing up an iPhone using iTunes and restoring it to a new Apple device does not bring your local characters or worlds, just the game.

The only way to transfer characters and worlds is through cloud saving. I’ve not had problems with my cloud saves, but I have seen others that have. Just make sure your characters and worlds are on the new device first before deleting them from the old device. You can then copy your cloud saves to be local saves, instructions for that are here: Expanded Save Slots & Backup Function is Here for iOS and Google Play!

I'm not even sure quite why everyone wants their old worlds and characters anyway... You'd be missing most of the content from earlier in the game, plus new generation like Marble and Granite caves and Abandoned Underground Minecart Tracks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom