Mobile The Path Ahead: Major News Updates for Console & Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it at all possible to make the code for the PSVita version open-source for those of us in the community who wish to try and make changes ourselves?

Is it possible that if a person manages manages to solve the problem you had trouble with that you could continue with the ps3 xb360 psvita?

Both of those are way above my position to have any influence or say on at all, and would likely involve not just the heads of ReLogic, but multiple companies period. Both would present numerous legal and technical issues that I can't even begin to guess on.

Is it at all possible to make the code for the PSVita version open-source for those of us in the community who wish to try and make changes ourselves?
I
No im not being a smartass. you said that you believed it could be optimized, and since everyone is saying that Terraria can run on older gen, i don't see a problem with this.

Or if you believe that my idea is ridiculous, then you know how i feel about the complaints of people not understanding that technology can become outdated and cannot run software that is to advanced for it. The developer said it can't be done, they know the code, they know the limitations of the hardware, and the requirements of the software.

no offense to the people that work on the game but holy sh.it dude brown nose some more why don't you....vintage gen and last gen are much different

:red: this i m done im deleting terraria cuz ps3 is not getting 1.3 it could be cool if the 1.3 is the final update but it isnt :red: this :red: i :red:in hate this right now terraria is waste of money to pas3 and xbox 360. and sorry for the bad language

That's an emulator, that hardly counts. There is no way you'd be able to run Terraria in any shape or form on an actual Gameboy Advance, not even with contemporary memory chips in the cartridge.
Nah mate, it's an actual running version of the majority of 1.1 on a GBA SP developers gamecard. It's not without its fair share of bugs though, as you may have noticed worms enemies snap to entities, invisible player model, incredible zoom et cetera et cetera. My point is the community can help update with any experiences we have
Both of those are way above my position to have any influence or say on at all, and would likely involve not just the heads of ReLogic, but multiple companies period. Both would present numerous legal and technical issues that I can't even begin to guess on.
what about in the concept of non-profitable and private editing of source material? I'm asking purely out of curiosity, and I'd like my vita to have some use in the future :D

As for everyone else, this is kind of a big deal for many players, but let's all keep our cool here. Go pick up PC Terraria for cheap as chips on steam, it has controller support, a great community and it's a great replacement if you're someone like me who doesn't like the concept of paying for online accessibility and/or got a permanent ban from Xbox live for facing the Kinect at a picture of Ainsley Harriot (also like me)

EDIT: Brainwave! Could we get a new pet or two to remember the fallen consoles? Like a lil' PSVita pet with little angel wings or something?

Well, with all the fighting going on, im just gald we are gonna have a 1.3 update on mobile. But i was wondering, with this "reset", does that mean we will have to start over from scratch?

awesome news, but i have a question will the current control style remain and u can swap between the two i really dont understand some of the button choices for pc terraria, lt to jump; a is mount; like seriously console controls are way better than the pc ones imo.

awesome news, but i have a question will the current control style remain and u can swap between the two i really dont understand some of the button choices for pc terraria, lt to jump; a is mount; like seriously console controls are way better than the pc ones imo.
There are different controller presets that can be switched between. Some are as close to the console controls as is possible. And you can always remap the controls.

There are different controller presets that can be switched between. Some are as close to the console controls as is possible. And you can always remap the controls.
are you referring to the pc version or are you talking about them changing the console controls to the pc versions?

Maybe this analogy will help..

Think of consoles' RAM as buckets. The Vita, 360, PS3 and such hold a gallon. X1, PS4 hold two gallons.

Up until now, Terraria has been filling all the buckets evenly. But now, the gallon buckets are just plain FULL. They're brimming at the top, with only surface tension (optimization) keeping it from spilling.

No amount of time or effort will let them put more water in those buckets. It's pure math. 1.3 needs "more than a gallon" to function. Short of making the gallon buckets larger, which is impossible, it just won't hold more than it can hold.

I wish these last gen guys would get over the fact that they are not getting 1.3. Its not gonna change anything. Cant you get next gen? Or maybe a PC

My problem is that they said the same thing before about the 3ds. They said theres no way it would run on it. That did it anyway.

The old 3ds has 128mb of ram?
New 3ds has 256mb of ram?
How could the game run on that amount of ram at all?

If Terraria can run at all on 128mb 3ds then its seems like 1.3 could run on 360 and Ps3..

I said before im no expert on specs but the 1.3 runs fine on my buddys old 2006 Hp Laptop.

I would almost bet my left arm that it could be done at least for 360 and Ps3. I know theres modders and such out there that could do it .

The main issue is people just want to hear the truth.

Its just really funny to me that you are kicking all the past supporters right when you annouce your new company.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom