Mobile The Path Ahead: Major News Updates for Console & Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.
i could look up the problem by looking at previous pages of this forum but i am lazy.
[doublepost=1469710538,1469710206][/doublepost]what does it mean in the rules Personally Attacking other members? I find it interesting that you can report yourself.

That very much depends on your definition of complete. If you feel that 1.2.4 is incomplete as in it not being a solid gameplay experience, I'll vehemently disagree with you: in my opinion Terraria has been complete since I started playing it (1.1), if not earlier.

If you mean incomplete as in not on par with the PC version in terms of content, then yes, it won't be, but the quality of 1.2.4 shouldn't be judged based on what's in 1.3, it should be judged independently. And if you do, I think you'll find it's a very good game that by no means requires 1.3 to be great.
The quality shouldn't, no, but for many people who play video games now, the appeal is that video games are always expanding and updating to be bigger and better.

In other words, there's always something new and exciting to (eventually) look forward to, and an expanding game is what keeps it fresh and exciting. To know that their game will never be updated (especially while other versions are being updated, you can see this a lot in ported Eastern MMOs) kills a lot of the enjoyment for a lot of people, knowing that everything they've seen is all there will ever be, and there's nothing to prepare or keep playing for.

Why do you think MMOs are always ever-expanding in the first place, for example? Static games are not really welcome anymore, with people always demanding more content, more DLC, more things to do in every game imaginable. Many play games as a casual experience, and once content is exhausted, they're simply not interested in playing anymore, Terraria is no different.

While I do agree that old-gen players really need to upgrade their hardware (seriously, get a PC, they're cheaper than consoles and have more games and do more stuff), it baffles me that you guys are acting like the complaints / disappointment are unjustified. People have been wanting and waiting for 1.3 for a very long time, and naturally being told it will never come is going to turn people off the game, as they've probably already done the current 1.2.4 content over and over again to keep playing until 1.3 hits.

While I'm personally relatively new to Terraria (I started with 1.3.1) and can see myself sticking around with it for a long time because I love optimising and getting better at games, this simply isn't an interest for a lot of people. Once A to B has been done, that's it for them. The allure of future updates is what keeps people around as they know at some point in the future they'll get something new to experience in one of their favourite games.

The quality shouldn't, no, but for many people who play video games now, the appeal is that video games are always expanding and updating to be bigger and better.

In other words, there's always something new and exciting to (eventually) look forward to, and an expanding game is what keeps it fresh and exciting. To know that their game will never be updated (especially while other versions are being updated, you can see this a lot in ported Eastern MMOs) kills a lot of the enjoyment for a lot of people, knowing that everything they've seen is all there will ever be, and there's nothing to prepare or keep playing for.

Why do you think MMOs are always ever-expanding in the first place, for example? Static games are not really welcome anymore, with people always demanding more content, more DLC, more things to do in every game imaginable. Many play games as a casual experience, and once content is exhausted, they're simply not interested in playing anymore, Terraria is no different.

While I do agree that old-gen players really need to upgrade their hardware (seriously, get a PC, they're cheaper than consoles and have more games and do more stuff), it baffles me that you guys are acting like the complaints / disappointment are unjustified. People have been wanting and waiting for 1.3 for a very long time, and naturally being told it will never come is going to turn people off the game, as they've probably already done the current 1.2.4 content over and over again to keep playing until 1.3 hits.

While I'm personally relatively new to Terraria (I started with 1.3.1) and can see myself sticking around with it for a long time because I love optimising and getting better at games, this simply isn't an interest for a lot of people. Once A to B has been done, that's it for them. The allure of future updates is what keeps people around as they know at some point in the future they'll get something new to experience in one of their favourite games.

That still strikes me as an odd ground to like a game. "This game is good because it will get more content in the future."

Don't get me wrong, I fully understand the disappointment, and if I owned Terraria on an old-gen console, I'd probably share it. What I don't understand is how for some reason the game went stale overnight for some people because of a forum post, and why it's now no longer worth playing.

That's because you're looking at it with your own worldview, so to speak.

An ever expanding game is the draw for many people, Terraria included. Something that stops expanding simply just isn't interesting anymore, because everything there is is all there ever will be.

I don't look at games like that either, but there you have it, and people aren't wrong for feeling that way.

*made me break out my S Pen to delete this*

It's Nintendo. You're lucky the game is there at all on ANY of their systems, as it was basically a ground up project, since Nintendo doesn't use XNA framework.

All this talk of getting screwed? Terraria for the 3DS cost what, $40 if it was a cartridge?

If you've obtained more than forty hours of playtime with the game, you've received what you payed for.

There's no need to come across like a child and make demands. Cut them some slack, man, they're doing what they can with what they've got.

The old gen community for terraria is dying all because of a post, a post that hyped me up because I have current gen. I feel sorry for old gen although I think they should have seen this coming

If you're on Last Gen, here's some advice: buy a PC. I got mine for £200 and it runs 1.3, so you don't need a massive, ultra hard-core gaming PC. PC is further ahead in terms of updates than console, so you don't have to wait.

Also, because I'm also a console player, welcome to the team Pipeworks! Hopefully you'll improve console versions for the next few years!:joy:
Im on ps4 but gonna buy pc anyway. Not for terraria but for all other games, mods. Terraria 1.3 is unintended benefit.
Q2 2017... i have some experience with console version and i gnow that console update releasing can stretch to 2018.

I don't believe the Wii U is totally getting dropped, as it was neither confirmed nor denied. They'll hopefully clairify what's gonna happen to the Wii U sometime soon.
OK I asked 505 about this and they replied with " we hope to have some news on that soon" so Wii u still being tested for it? Either way it seems that there is still hope:D

I can tell why the dev's cannot continue to update old gen terraria. My computer, which is from 2010, can still run Terraria at 60 fps, even though the VRAM is only 64 MB. Now I do have 4 GB's of RAM. I can see that many people do not understand that old gen consoles, as the Admin's have said, only have 512 MB of RAM and only 128 MB of VRAM. Now for the people that do not understand this, RAM has a big factor in how well your game runs as well as the VRAM. Since the old generation of consoles have a very low amount of RAM and VRAM, that brings issues as the developers and moderators have said. Say if they were to bring Update 1.3 to old gen, there would be many unforeseen issues as well as crashes. Now I guess your wondering why I can play Terraria on my old computer. My VRAM is only 64 MB, but, my computer also draws from my RAM, which is 4 GB, to meet and run the game. Sadly, the PS3, Xbox 360, and Vita's RAM is, as stated in many comments around this thread, only 512 MB, which cannot be upgraded to a higher RAM capacity. I also feel sorry for all the people out there who are stuck with only a old gen console. My advice, get a Good PC and it while last you a long time. If I have missed anything, feel free to correct it so the people who do not understand why the Developers cannot continue to update the PS3, Xbox 360, and Vita versions of terraria can know why.

Ok, i know I'm going to be acting like all the other old gen console users when I say thing, and i know you can't add 1.3 to old gen consoles, but have you guys taken into consideration that you don't need to add everything in the 1.3 update? You feel you have to add everything, when all you really need to add from this update is the new AI's, maybe expert mode, and dare i say, the Martian madness event. You don't need to add the new biomes or celestial event or the moon lord. Just some of the smaller and easier to add things. But if for whatever reason, you just can't at all do this, it somehow breaks the game, then at least add an old gen console exclusive item to bid a nicer farewell to the consoles, to bring a bigger smile to our sad hearts.... I doubt anyone will even see this comment, but if you do, i hope you take this into consideration, thank you.

Hey guys I predict how you use the yoyo in Terraria Mobile 1.3 . so I started a conversation for mobile players iOS/android and kindle so we can talk about how do we use the new stuff for 1.3
Oh wait sorry I can't start conversation sorry

what i swear the post said last gen would get the reset in september
[doublepost=1469729866,1469729701][/doublepost]
oh i see now the reset is under current gen. sorry guys
It's all good u didn't know but it's sad we don't get ANYTHING new just a bug fix then we're done forever:(

Hey guys I predict how you use the yoyo in Terraria Mobile 1.3 . so I started a conversation for mobile players iOS/android and kindle so we can talk about how do we use the new stuff for 1.3
Oh wait sorry I can't start conversation sorry
I cant wait for the Vortex armor!

i dont get how anyone can be sad or complain about this. The 360 and ps3 are over 10 years old. Its like when grand theft auto 4 came out . Did you expect that to come out on ps2 as well? Its not he best example. But bottom line, the old consoles have been done for awhile now. How can anyone not get that? Or see how awesome this company, and others are that supported consoles that are outdated. The fact they updated it this long for a console that has been out dated for so long is amazing. PS4 and xbox one have been out for 3 years now and, are CURRENT gen consoles. I understand some might not have the money. But the prices for current gen are always getting major sales. And this holiday with the crazy sales plus if you traded your old stuff in, i bet you can get a used current console for 100 bucks or less. Some of these comments and complaints just amaze me on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom