Mobile The Path Ahead: Major News Updates for Console & Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite serious actually. I have all the bills and responsibilities you listed and a son too. I'm not some entitled kid, I saved money in order to afford my PS4. Budgeting is a thing after all. If $400 is more than you can afford to save up in 3 years, then you don't make enough money for video games to be your hobby.

I didnt say it couldnt be saved up for. I dont need to buy a new console. I have a pc that plays 1.3. Its not about that.

Its when people just say go buy a new console and deal with it. Likes its just that easy for everyone.

Not everyone can just say, well Terraria is all of a sudden not going to update past gen to 1.3 so time to buy a new console. I already paid for the game on Pc,360,Vita,and 3ds but im not gonna go buy a new console and the game agian.

Also good for you that you saved up $400 for your Ps4 that is now going to be obsolete since there now making the Ps4 Neo already.
[doublepost=1470029700,1470029531][/doublepost]
No they announced they will be released when the 1.3 console update comes out -_-
(On September duh...)
[doublepost=1470028954,1470028812][/doublepost]This is the mobile announcement quote
  • Timing is planned to be “around the time of” the Console Reset – but likely will come after it by at least a few months. As we know more, we will share it.

You miss this part? (duh?)

Our current target delivery for the Reset+1.3 is Q2 2017. All of this will be absolutely free to existing Current Gen Console Terraria owners (Old Gen players will have to purchase a Current Gen copy).

September is the bug fixes.

Last edited:
I didnt say it couldnt be saved up for. I dont need to buy a new console. I have a pc that plays 1.3. Its not about that.

Its when people just say go buy a new console and deal with it. Likes its just that easy for everyone.

Not everyone can just say, well Terraria is all of a sudden not going to update past gen to 1.3 so time to buy a new console. I already paid for the game on Pc,360,Vita,and 3ds but im not gonna go buy a new console and the game agian.

I'd agree that it sucks that old gen won't get 1.3 but it's not like they are ending support because of greed or to screw over customers. There's many people in this thread trying to claim that it can be done if they just try hard enough, despite many factual arguments about why it's impractical for them to do it. Update your hardware is sadly the most realistic solution for console players to get the 1.3 update. Many PC players already had to do the same when the update came out for them.

To me saying the devs are just greedy or that Terraria is now a worthless product if it doesn't get 1.3 just sounds like entitlement. PC players were left under the impression they would never get anything more than 1.2.4 for almost a year and most people were fine with that. It's the inferior version now, but it's running on inferior hardware, so why is it really that hard to accept?

Also good for you that you saved up $400 for your Ps4 that is now going to be obsolete since there now making the Ps4 Neo already.

Yeah, I hate updating my phone every few years too. That's technology though, you stay current or you accept that you're gonna be behind everyone else. Still I've got an entire year to budget for the Neo. It's not even hard when you've got that much time to plan for it. If it is, well I made my opinion known about that in my previous post.

I'd agree that it sucks that old gen won't get 1.3 but it's not like they are ending support because of greed or to screw over customers. There's many people in this thread trying to claim that it can be done if they just try hard enough, despite many factual arguments about why it's impractical for them to do it. Update your hardware is sadly the most realistic solution for console players to get the 1.3 update. Many PC players already had to do the same when the update came out for them.

To me saying the devs are just greedy or that Terraria is now a worthless product if it doesn't get 1.3 just sounds like entitlement. PC players were left under the impression they would never get anything more than 1.2.4 for almost a year and most people were fine with that. It's the inferior version now, but it's running on inferior hardware, so why is it really that hard to accept?

Yeah, I hate updating my phone every few years too. That's technology though, you stay current or you accept that you're gonna be behind everyone else. Still I've got an entire year to budget for the Neo. It's not even hard when you've got that much time to plan for it. If it is, well I made my opinion known about that in my previous post.

I for sure agree about people acting like the game sucks all of a sudden since it wont get 1.3. Even though it sucks that past gen wont get it, its still a great game.

[doublepost=1470029700,1470029531][/doublepost]

You miss this part? (duh?)

Our current target delivery for the Reset+1.3 is Q2 2017. All of this will be absolutely free to existing Current Gen Console Terraria owners (Old Gen players will have to purchase a Current Gen copy).

September is the bug fixes.
That doesn't make sense the September update is the 1.3 update after the mobile reset with console too they will release the update
[doublepost=1470034244][/doublepost]Mobile had a recent bug fix where they fix some stuff I don't encounter but maybe encounter no other bug fix update July 16 for non android users AND kindle fire users like me but my tablets new

That doesn't make sense the September update is the 1.3 update after the mobile reset with console too they will release the update
[doublepost=1470034244][/doublepost]Mobile had a recent bug fix where they fix some stuff I don't encounter but maybe encounter no other bug fix update July 16 for non android users AND kindle fire users like me but my tablets new

Nope. 1.3 is aimed to be released for Q2 2017, and the bug fix update is aimed to be released in September 2016.

"Engine Software is currently working on an update that will be focused on clearing out the most impactful bugs that our QA and/or Re-Logic QA have been able to uncover."

"Targeted release timeframe is September 2016". For the bug fix update.

I tried to tell ya man. Looks like mobile will be closer to 2018 since console is Q2 2017 and the mobile a few months after that.

Edit: Just wanna add that my original post was only trying to help you so i dont know why you would private message me talking trash? Your the one who said duh like i didnt know what i was talking about. Dont get mad at me cause you thought it was coming in September.

Last edited:
But the Play Station Vita only came out in 2011. The same year Terraria came out, so I don't see why not, since PSVita seems like a really fun system to play the 1.3 update on. And since I already have it on the vita, I already know it is.
are you this stupid first look at it's a handheld it can't run anything demanding like terraria is on ram and it has the same amount of ram like the ps3 (512mb) of ram and 1.3 needs a lot.
[doublepost=1470051087,1470050906][/doublepost]
That bug fix kinnda killed the game on my kinndle

No they announced they will be released when the 1.3 console update comes out -_-
(On September duh...)
[doublepost=1470028954,1470028812][/doublepost]This is the mobile announcement quote
  • Timing is planned to be “around the time of” the Console Reset – but likely will come after it by at least a few months. As we know more, we will share it.
No. 1.3 mobile and current gen console update will be around Q2 2017.
September is the old gen console's "reset" (no 1.3)
[doublepost=1470056103][/doublepost]
So I guess no 1.3 for 3ds since it's so underpowered huh?
Yes. Also the Wii U because they (3DS and Wii U) have the specs of an old gen console (500 some mb of RAM).

Can everyone just accept that old gen won't get 1.3 are you old gen guys ssying you only got terraria for 1.3 and now you won't play anymore. What if 1.3 never existed. You would be playing it. Its one update. You know what if you delete Terraria, good for you

To all players we already have some 1.3 items just unobtainable.
I can confirm red wings and S.D.M.G.
Who knows how many items from 1.3 exist on console already.

You shouldn't talk about unobtainable items it's against the rules off the forum
Isnt showing off unobtainable items against the rules? I only told what is hidden in ps4 terraria. No images. And show little more interest in fact that dev hide future update content in update "in development". Those items shouldn't even be on console yet.

Isnt showing off unobtainable items against the rules? I only told what is hidden in ps4 terraria. No images. And show little more interest in fact that dev hide future update content in update "in development". Those items shouldn't even be on console yet.
Sorry just thought anything too do with unobtainable items were banned
The rules state you cannot start or share:
  • Links to pirated software or unapproved hacks.
  • Discussions or sharing of methods to pirate or hack Re-Logic software.
Simply stating their existence isn't against the rules, as long as you do not discuss how they're obtained.
(http://forums.terraria.org/index.ph...culture-please-read.53/#rulesPiracyAndModding)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom