Mobile The Path Ahead: Major News Updates for Console & Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 3DS crash thing seems to affect some a ton, others rarely, and some not at all. That makes it really hard to pin down. That said, I do know that the team is looking into it to try and root out the cause (whatever it is) for good.

As for content, we will see what else they have planned for each style of DS - given the fps chugs on bits of o3DS, I would be surprised if that isn't already pushing the hardware. I suppose we shall see.

The 3DS crash thing seems to affect some a ton, others rarely, and some not at all. That makes it really hard to pin down. That said, I do know that the team is looking into it to try and root out the cause (whatever it is) for good.

As for content, we will see what else they have planned for each style of DS - given the fps chugs on bits of o3DS, I would be surprised if that isn't already pushing the hardware. I suppose we shall see.

Thanks

Well, it's nice to know that those of us who own both a PS4 and Vita can at least remote play 1.3 on our little handhelds :)

And 3ds gets what exactly? We are the only people that don't have 1.2.4 (full update) the game is utterly broken crashing every few minutes, minecarts make the game lag insanely hard, skeletron prime is WAY to easy taking him out first time in under two minutes because he was too slow and never catches up. :sigh: Wow ok other than that :redspin: WELCOME PIPEWORKS!!! happy for you guys to join the community of awesome people here :joy:

Sorry for ranting about something that you spend soo much time on. ;(
Wii u dosent have full 1.2.4 either

All I really still want to know at this point is where Wii U is going? Is it ever going to get the reset? It still hasn't been denied nor confirmed. It's literally the only version that hasn't been addressed at all through all of this.

Ok, so major excited for this update, however i am wanting to start a new world from scratch, but if i do, will i have to start another once 1.3 comes out or will it auto merge the new stuff into my world i create now?

Thanks

Ok, so major excited for this update, however i am wanting to start a new world from scratch, but if i do, will i have to start another once 1.3 comes out or will it auto merge the new stuff into my world i create now?

Thanks
1.3 makes major changes to world gen, and those won't be applied to old worlds (simply isn't possible). But console 1.3 is almost a year away so go ahead and make a new world.

All I really still want to know at this point is where Wii U is going? Is it ever going to get the reset? It still hasn't been denied nor confirmed. It's literally the only version that hasn't been addressed at all through all of this.

I suspect it is because Wii U is in an odd spot, hardware-wise. It is indeed more powerful than old gen (2gb, but only 1gb assigned to games)....but also quite a bit underpowered vs the PS4/XB1 (8gb RAM)....and who the heck knows with all the rumor floating around what the NX is or how it plays into things (remember, the hardware mfgs start winding down their own support for stuff on the dev side when the next console is imminent). As the mobile codebase by itself is already hitting the 1gb limit on stability and the console codebase is more intensive - who knows. In my mind, its a "could go either way" thing, I suppose. We shall see what the future holds for 3DS and Wii U eventually I suppose.

I suspect it is because Wii U is in an odd spot, hardware-wise. It is indeed more powerful than old gen (2gb, but only 1gb assigned to games)....but also quite a bit underpowered vs the PS4/XB1 (8gb RAM)....and who the heck knows with all the rumor floating around what the NX is or how it plays into things (remember, the hardware mfgs start winding down their own support for stuff on the dev side when the next console is imminent). As the mobile codebase by itself is already hitting the 1gb limit on stability and the console codebase is more intensive - who knows. In my mind, its a "could go either way" thing, I suppose. We shall see what the future holds for 3DS and Wii U eventually I suppose.
Right, so that makes sense. And it was said that 3DS is going to continue being programmed by CodeGlue, does that mean the same for Wii U and Engine? Or will Wii U be getting the Pipeworks reset, even if it can't get 1.3, like old gen?

Glad to hear that. So long as the Wii U version isn't just kinda forgotten, I'm happy with that. Mainly just because it's technically the most recently released version, so it'd be weird for it to just never be mentioned again in the future.

Yeah, its an interesting spot - as even though it is the most recent, it also launched with all of the content that the other consoles accumulated over the years. We shall see. Either way, I will stand by what I always say - 1.2.4 Terraria is a damned fine game on its own.

Yeah, its an interesting spot - as even though it is the most recent, it also launched with all of the content that the other consoles accumulated over the years. We shall see. Either way, I will stand by what I always say - 1.2.4 Terraria is a damned fine game on its own.
Without a doubt. And considering Terraria on PC remained at that point for over a year, and those players were fine with it, I'd say it's a good spot to leave off on.

Ok this maybe off topic but can someone please give me an answer? Why is is, that i can rename chests and use signs alone, but as soon as a mate joins the names on chest and sign writing dissapears? Whats the point i cant remember whats in each chest unless im playing solo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom