Mobile The Path Ahead: Major News Updates for Console & Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really hyped about 1.3, I don't really mind how long it takes, I'd prefer to have the update take a little longer but have less bugs than have it rushed and released quickly and therefore have my 1.3 experience ruined by constant glitches.

The older consoles (Vita, PS3 & 360) are getting a patch around Sep 2016. That will be only bugfixes and stability improvements. The newer systems (PS4 and XB1) are getting patch 1.3, the same one as the PC, around Q2 2017 (Q2 is April to June).

I think you got the 2 announcements confused and put them together.
They happen at the same time:
"The timing of these two projects will overlap – meaning that Current Gen Console players will get both the Reset AND Terraria 1.3 at the same time! Of course, that leads to the obvious question: When?

Our current target delivery for the Reset+1.3 is Q2 2017. All of this will be absolutely free to existing Current Gen Console Terraria owners (Old Gen players will have to purchase a Current Gen copy). "

I'm really hyped about 1.3, I don't really mind how long it takes, I'd prefer to have the update take a little longer but have less bugs than have it rushed and released quickly and therefore have my 1.3 experience ruined by constant glitches.
I believe that the purpose of the reset is to help avoid the usual bugginess at launch - more up to the high standards of the PC version.

They happen at the same time:
"The timing of these two projects will overlap – meaning that Current Gen Console players will get both the Reset AND Terraria 1.3 at the same time! Of course, that leads to the obvious question: When?

Our current target delivery for the Reset+1.3 is Q2 2017. All of this will be absolutely free to existing Current Gen Console Terraria owners (Old Gen players will have to purchase a Current Gen copy). "
You're right, but Q2 2017 is not September 2017 as you originally said.

Really they could improve function on all platforms with ram issues if they got smart. They have no memory saving settings at all. They could and SHOULD add loads of settings that would make all devices not suffer this. Most wouldn't even be an issue, mainly just disable textures.
Examples:
Disable particles. (Basically all no importance partice effects are unrendered. Like the walking and jumping particles.
Disable gibs/gore (all blood and death bits are unrendered. Kill a mob, npc, boss, only items appear no more body textures bouncing around)
Disable tile animations. (Torches, crafting stations ect stop running animations)
Disable background animations (clouds, rain, snow, eect stop animations, instead will have a fixed overlay [so you can still see when they are going on)
Go deeping into more advanced settings, you can have a few options that wont effect gameplay but effect worlds slightly.
An option to disable those pointless rocks stalactites, stalagmites, ect. (Basically all non importance randomly generated background objects will stop spawning, freeing up ram and not getting in the way, as well a 2nd option to disable the plant versions as well (grass and stuff as well as the jungle plantlife.) Those won't have much effect, grasshoppers and worms spawn randomly anyway, (and if someone needs them more they can turn grass on)

Basically just adding a bunch of settings to toggle anything of no real importance, stuff that's cosmetic effects,would free up tons of memory and cause the game to be alot smoother.
Removing small touch ups like that would lower the quality of the game I know this has been stated that this isn't possible but why not load and unload parts of the world that woud free up lots of space

Removing small touch ups like that would lower the quality of the game I know this has been stated that this isn't possible but why not load and unload parts of the world that woud free up lots of space
I was saying to have it in the settings menu to be able to disable them so that players can have better use of the game with older devices. Not many people have 2gb devices.

I have an iPad Air that is 3 years old now. It has 1 GB RAM, but I'm worried that it won't be enough to run the game regardless of the fact that iOS 10 will be available to my device this September. I just hope the limit is at 1 GB, so that I may continue to play the game in its most recent version. :eek:

I have an iPad Air that is 3 years old now. It has 1 GB RAM, but I'm worried that it won't be enough to run the game regardless of the fact that iOS 10 will be available to my device this September. I just hope the limit is at 1 GB, so that I may continue to play the game in its most recent version. :eek:
505 Have stated that for now the minimum RAM requirements is 1GB. You're fine for now!

So when the old/dead consoles get the glitch patch will ps4 get the same patch or is this when cross play will stop between new and dead consoles?

So when the old/dead consoles get the glitch patch will ps4 get the same patch or is this when cross play will stop between new and dead consoles?
To me it would seem odd to not fix bugs on a platform when a fix has already been made; I'd guess they'll both get it, but I have no actual idea.

The mobile version does this, and most people feel it's not as good as the proper PC version. The original was built without streaming assets for whatever reason, and changing that seems to have undesired effects on the game. Plus they've said before that rewriting the game for streaming assets is a major investment of time, definitely longer than we are already waiting for 1.3.

Keep in mind the game is 5 years old now, and I doubt anyone, even the developer, really expected we'd still be getting active support for it instead of sequels.

To me it would seem odd to not fix bugs on a platform when a fix has already been made; I'd guess they'll both get it, but I have no actual idea.
no fixes have been made patch is still six months away so I just wonder if they are not going to fix new gens at all since they are trashing all of the old code

no fixes have been made patch is still six months away so I just wonder if they are not going to fix new gens at all since they are trashing all of the old code
I know none have been made, I was talking from the time when the old gen patch is released.

I currently play Terraria on PS3. The thing is, I've almost "finished" it (as a sandbox, it's endless, but I mean as an adventure game), and I wonder if I should buy Terraria on PS4 (I have the Ps4, obviously) or wait to Terraria: Otherworld to come out. So, what should I do? Thanks everyone!

I currently play Terraria on PS3. The thing is, I've almost "finished" it (as a sandbox, it's endless, but I mean as an adventure game), and I wonder if I should buy Terraria on PS4 (I have the Ps4, obviously) or wait to Terraria: Otherworld to come out. So, what should I do? Thanks everyone!
I'd say go for PS4 - it's still a while until T:OW and you'll get access to 1.3.

Quick message for the devs,
About a week or so before the final update for last gen can we get a list or something to tell us the fixes/changes because alot of people would be damn shamed if the update was sent out then the ropes cut but something was missed like the spectre hood or Minecart item usage. Just so we can warn for any misses,
Oh and maybe a few 1.3 items/additions such as NPC defences could be added as an actuall farewell?
Just a thought :D

My personal recommendation would be to grab the PS4 copy. As you've stated, it being an endless game, you will always benefit something from it, but looking at the adventure side, the amount of stuff that is added in 1.3 more than justifies the price for a second purchase of the game. Not to mention, as being one who primarily played on the PS3: After making the jump to PS4, I can honestly say you'll get more enjoyment out of the additions it has over its "SD" variant on the PS3.

So Happy! Got an Xbox one last week!

Get a Microsoft Surface. Acts like a computer but is almost like a tablet. Still counts as a computer. The new ones are over 1000 but older ones are more like 200-700. The brand new ones are over 2000. The new ones are EXTREMELY Good. The have like 16 gb of ram, 128 gb of storage.Pretty good for something small like that. It's the size of a tablet and is easy to play on the go because of a portable kickstand attached to it. You will have to get a mouse and keyboard for it.

I wish everyone would stop whining and just get a computer. As long as its good it is amazing. It is always going to be supported.

I signed in just to post this.

(Ps if you can't get terraria get starbound. It's better in my opinion.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom