Mobile The Path Ahead: Major News Updates for Console & Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clear this up for me please.

I hear yes and no but is 1.3 ever coming to the O3DS? (Specifically the 2DS)

There is no official answer for the WiiU, or any version of 3DS at the moment. They kinda forgot about mentioning the Nintendo systems.

Why is everybody complaining this is good news bro
Most of the complaining was because there are people who can't upgrade to the current generation of consoles and expected the developers to do whatever it takes to continue supporting their outdated technology.

There is no official answer for the WiiU, or any version of 3DS at the moment. They kinda forgot about mentioning the Nintendo systems.

Most of the complaining was because there are people who can't upgrade to the current generation of consoles and expected the developers to do whatever it takes to continue supporting their outdated technology.

Well it is never there fault The developers try there best

so should i just go and buy terraria on ipad? Instead of keeping it on my phone which currently have 500mb of ram running and 300 mb standby waiting for smthng?

so should i just go and buy terraria on ipad? Instead of keeping it on my phone which currently have 500mb of ram running and 300 mb standby waiting for smthng?
Instead of paying 200-600 dollars on an iPad, you should just pay 200-500 on an Xbox one or 300-600 on a PS4.
[doublepost=1471519386,1471519317][/doublepost]That's what I'm doing in the near future.

Well, seeing as playing it on a 500MB RAM phone is pretty much impossible, I'd say go for it. The larger screen size will also make it easier to control.

Well, seeing as playing it on a 500MB RAM phone is pretty much impossible, I'd say go for it. The larger screen size will also make it easier to control.

I agree, I find it hard to move around and battle enemies with a small screen to use. With 1.3 coming out, I can't imagine myself beating the moon Lord and the difficult expert mode enemies/bosses on my phone (if I have enough ram, but apparently mine has 1gb so I should be ok) with such little screen space to move my finger around on, which is why I mostly play console

Last edited:
Back to the topic though, why is 505's new dev team (Pipeworks) posting that they're currently hiring people to work on this? One would think that the reason their dev team was hired for this is because they are equipped to handle it already...

This does not bode well IMO...

It bodes poorly if a company wants to hire? Never heard that before. It means that A: they have the insight know that they could benefit from more staff and B: they have the resources to pay more employees. That's a good sign, IMO.

Cant really get the console version for now because i already bought an ipad this year ( 1 device per year rule) typical asian parents do that

We'll since im not getting 1.3 maybe you guys at Re-Logic can but in the 1.3 hell song cuz i like a Lot
[doublepost=1471638114,1471638090][/doublepost]I'm the old gen

Probably Terraria 1.3 will launch next year if VERY took to Launch 1.3 Imagine In From Mobile (Consoles ETC)???

I have Ps4 so I should be good. Might be buying that Smach Z thing to play Terraria on the go as well.

I never wrote or participated in the comunity (at least the English, being Italian) of Terraria, and personally does not affect me not too because I play on PC, but I have an xbox 360 on which my brother along with his cousin play Terraria.
I was wondering when it would arrive the 1.3 upgrade of 360, and now I find out that will never come because this will be the last update for these consoles ....

The biggest problem is the reason you gave.

""and we are running into hardware requirement issues... as Terraria has grown over the years , its hardware demands have as well - with 1.3 being a sizeable jumping - off point""

I have a very old computer, with that many games in pixels lags, to play many games I resort to the xbox 360 which will be old too, but things like GTA V work.

You want me to believe that such a console can not hold a game in pixels as Terraria!?!?

I mean some programming and I know that it is not just the graphics that weighs on a game, but unless it was programmed crap, whatever console should turn Terraria, and indeed my very old computer succeeds.
So it's a bad excuse .... because if it is true that you can not run it, I wonder where you learned to program ....

If you really wanted to stop supporting these consoles, at least this last update you could do it, the moon Lord acts as real final boss of Terraria, is all that adds version 1.3 makes it much more interesting to play than in version 1.2.4

It could at least conclude with the 1.3 so, however, does not matter, if you say that consoles like that fail to make it work fine ...
Excuse me for English and anger, but when things seem too stupid to be true I must speak my mind ...

I never wrote or participated in the comunity (at least the English, being Italian) of Terraria, and personally does not affect me not too because I play on PC, but I have an xbox 360 on which my brother along with his cousin play Terraria.
I was wondering when it would arrive the 1.3 upgrade of 360, and now I find out that will never come because this will be the last update for these consoles ....

The biggest problem is the reason you gave.

""and we are running into hardware requirement issues... as Terraria has grown over the years , its hardware demands have as well - with 1.3 being a sizeable jumping - off point""

I have a very old computer, with that many games in pixels lags, to play many games I resort to the xbox 360 which will be old too, but things like GTA V work.

You want me to believe that such a console can not hold a game in pixels as Terraria!?!?

I mean some programming and I know that it is not just the graphics that weighs on a game, but unless it was programmed crap, whatever console should turn Terraria, and indeed my very old computer succeeds.
So it's a bad excuse .... because if it is true that you can not run it, I wonder where you learned to program ....

If you really wanted to stop supporting these consoles, at least this last update you could do it, the moon Lord acts as real final boss of Terraria, is all that adds version 1.3 makes it much more interesting to play than in version 1.2.4

It could at least conclude with the 1.3 so, however, does not matter, if you say that consoles like that fail to make it work fine ...
Excuse me for English and anger, but when things seem too stupid to be true I must speak my mind ...
Realistic graphics like GTA are not necessarily more demanding than pixelated ones.
The RAM is what is short on old consoles, and this is because Terraria loads everything at once, whilst GTA will load and unload things in stages. Sadly, it is not possible for Terraria to load and unload things like GTA - it's just made differently.

Even if it was possible, insulting the devs really isn't a good way to go about getting what you want. Have some manners.

Your very old computer is likely more powerful than the Xbox 360, which originally came out in 2005. The Xbox 360 has only half a GB of RAM. Unless your computer is 10 years old or more, it likely has more than that. And that's why your PC in all likelihood runs Terraria, while the Xbox 360 can't keep up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom