Mobile The Path Ahead: Major News Updates for Console & Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.
so tldr 505 is saying "we're screwing you guys over and abandoning the older consoles, but the good news is...well you know all those things that have been broken for years? we're fixing some of them before we go! horaaay aren't we awesome?"

so tldr 505 is saying "we're screwing you guys over and abandoning the older consoles, but the good news is...well you know all those things that have been broken for years? we're fixing some of them before we go! horaaay aren't we awesome?"
I doubt the reality is as simple as that. Nobody is actually a cartoon villain that wants to screw over their customers on purpose.

For those familiar with programming there's an understanding that almost every time you try fixing something you actually make a bunch of things even more broken. That means that even "easy fixes" can actually take a LOT of time to get right. Since getting 1.3 on the PS3/360 is literally impossible without making the game worse, why would they continue to pour money into fixing some remaining minor issues?

The game is feature complete up to version 1.2.4 and it's running solidly. I'm not sure what more you can expect when they would have to pay a LOT of money to the console makers for every time they want to patch something up.

Yay, congrats on being an idiot!

`:mad: Dude, WTF!!! At least fixing bugs is better than nothing. Sure we may not get 1.3 and I'm one of the MANY people dissappointed, but this is way better than just ditching us. Many developers would just leave behind the past gen because they're too focused on the newer ones. Consider yourself lucky because they gave us even a fraction of their time to fix some glitches. $-_-

Not sure where you guys are getting your timeframes here. :) The first post in this thread says that the target date for the console 1.3 is Q2 2017 (April, May, June 2017). And that the mobile 1.3 is planned around the same time, but will likely be some months later. Remember, these are target dates, not guaranteed.

Currently 1GB of RAM is needed for mobile devices. There has been no info on what RAM a mobile device would need, if different.

Quotes from the first post. It's worth a good read and not just scanning it over - there are a lot of words, but a lot of info as well.
Regarding console
Our current target delivery for the Reset+1.3 is Q2 2017

Regarding mobile
Timing is planned to be "around the time of” the Console Reset – but likely will come after it by at least a few months. As we know more, we will share it.

Regarding mobile RAM
In parallel, CodeGlue will continue their efforts to stabilize the existing Terraria mobile game. This will be critically important even with the Mobile Reset, because there will likely be older devices (less RAM, etc) that cannot run Mobile 1.3, and we want to leave players with those older devices with as stable and solid a Terraria experience as we can.

I'm a bit upset about this do you think you could take into consideration a farewell update so us old gen console players don't feel like we are getting thrown away like I don't k ow give us a boss that only we can have like you did with mobile and PC it would be much appreciated

I'm a bit upset about this do you think you could take into consideration a farewell update so us old gen console players don't feel like we are getting thrown away like I don't k ow give us a boss that only we can have like you did with mobile and PC it would be much appreciated
They did have a goodbye update full of bug fixes.

There is no PC-exclusive content at the present point in time (to my knowledge) - most of it is likely to be put on Console and Mobile eventually.

Yes it would go on PS4 and Xbox one what I'm asking is if we can have a boss that is a true fight something only old generation consoles can have so they feel a little special

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom