Mobile The Path Ahead: Major News Updates for Console & Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly upset. Played Terraria the day it was released for console and havnt stopped since. I, along with many others are in disbelief that such a large company couldn't make this work. Truly disappointed.

Forget 1.3, a single bugfix for mobile would be nice, it's been a year? I didn't pay 7 dollars to randomly lose rare items and be abandoned from any sort of bug fix
The long gap in mobile support has been due to a lot of separate problems, some of which are the change in development studios and the plan for a unified experience across every platform. At the very least mobile platforms will being seeing some love in only a few months. It could have been completely dropped like 360 and PS3 were.

The entire mobile codebase is being rewritten as it has been with console (tons of efficiencies between the two projects...so whereas before we had two separate things, imagine it as two branches of the same overall tree moving forward) - that is more or less why you aren't seeing fixes to the old code (that and the old developer for mobile is no longer on the project).

The notion is that alongside of all the new content, a new, clean codebase will sort out all of those issues that have unfortunately cropped up over time on mobile. So, when 1.3 arrives, you are not just getting that - you are getting the new codebase as well.

(Before anyone asks, yes old saves should work - see the efforts PW is doing on console to really test that hardcore as an example of what is to come)

At the very least mobile platforms will being seeing some love in only a few months.

The notion is that alongside of all the new content, a new, clean codebase will sort out all of those issues that have unfortunately cropped up over time on mobile. So, when 1.3 arrives, you are not just getting that - you are getting the new codebase as well.

Okay sorry for my rant earlier, I'm glad to see it'll be taken seriously from now on, I was just assuming they were going to add to it.

Hopefully no more but they are hoping before August 16th i think i can be sure :lslime:
If you're getting the August 16 date from the wiki, the wiki is wrong to state such a date, unless it can provide an official source of where that particular date came from. The wiki is edited by the community and sometimes the edits are wrong.

The target is still Q3 2017, no particular release month, no particular release date. Targets and plans are not guaranteed release dates though.

If you're getting the August 16 date from the wiki, the wiki is wrong to state such a date, unless it can provide an official source of where that particular date came from. The wiki is edited by the community and sometimes the edits are wrong.

The target is still Q3 2017, no particular release month, no particular release date. Targets and plans are not guaranteed release dates though.
I didn't get it from the wiki i got it through looking through forums:rslime:
[doublepost=1500469714,1500469663][/doublepost]I can't be sure not can i forgot the t

I didn't get it from the wiki i got it through looking through forums:rslime:
[doublepost=1500469714,1500469663][/doublepost]I can't be sure not can i forgot the t
If you found it looking through the forums, I've tried to correct it every time it's popped up on the forums. So if you see it mentioned and it hasn't been corrected, please let me know. :) You can send me a private message by clicking on the 'Start a Conversation' link that appears under my avatar at the bottom.

i-love-terraria177 as Unit-One suggests the forums just make a guess based on that it will be 2017 and the fact that is still july and nothing has come out. The forums just make a rough random unbased in facts guess when it will get released because there is no official statement that it will be released nearly as possible and they have to rebuilt the whole 1.3 game from the beginning for mobile users from almost scratch. All in all, we reach the conclusion that we don't know when exactly but we know that it will be realeased on 2017

The first 49 pages, people who don't understand the usage of ram for terraria. The rest were mobile discussions, I am beyond excited for this update. Even if I post on a dead thread, I still hope that my classmate's tablet can make it... he's been praying for it, but if push comes to shove I'll help him save up for a ps4

so if im correct all 1.3 updates from pc are launching on mobile, 1.5GB of RAM would be ok. We are waiting for the best:brain:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom