Weapons & Equip The Plunderer

Scarlet_Slagg

Terrarian
The plunderer is an idea for a hardmode gun I had. It's the gun used by the pirate captain in the pirate invasion event, and sold by the captain npc for 75 gold. It deals 34 ranged damage and has a use time of 14, making it only as fast as the toxikarp. However, it also shoots cannonballs at a slower rate. They are like the rockets of the vortex beater, but have no homing functionality. The cannonballs deal Double the damage of a bullet.

Why would I need a dual weapon if I could get a megashark and a daedalus stormbow with hellfire arrows and outclass this gun instantly?

I really like this. Pirate Captain really needs to sell something else and this weapon sounds fun.

Why would I need a dual weapon if I could get a megashark and a daedalus stormbow with hellfire arrows and outclass this gun instantly?

I assume you want to remove every single Pre Mech weapon that isn't those two.

Last edited:
I assume you want to remove every single Pre Mech weapon that isn't those two.
I don't, actually. I just don't want a dual weapon unnecessarily in the game when I can just use my mousewheel for two weapons which are easier to get and accomplish the same thing.(Plus, I love the onyx blaster, sky fracture, fetid baghnakhs, dart rifle, queen spider staff...) This is a problem the Sky Dragon's Fury doesn't have, because both of it's functions are at least somewhat unique. I do suppose I am being pretty picky at the end of the day though. This gun isn't that unique in my eyes because for some reason OP stated that the cannonballs don't have an arc, and that just makes it a discount rocket launcher with low damage for me. I'm kind of wary of dual weapons anyway, because I have smart cursor turned on when I'm not building.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if i misunderstood the gun or not, but I think it was supposed to be a pre Mech Vortex Beater. That's why the stats are so low, since it's basically two weapons in one.

I'm unsure if it's a pre mech vortex beater or what I thought it was, which is one of those "left click to use bullets, right click to use some niche ammo" suggestions. The latter would be more faithful to the actual gun the pirate captains use, but the former would be more fun and definitely something I would use.

I'm unsure if it's a pre mech vortex beater or what I thought it was, which is one of those "left click to use bullets, right click to use some niche ammo" suggestions. The latter would be more faithful to the actual gun the pirate captains use, but the former would be more fun and definitely something I would use.
It is a pre-mech vortex beater, and it was quickly made, so naturally it's not perfected.

The cannonballs should have their damage stated, pierce infinitely; and the bullets should deal more damage per hit; on top of making it a post-Mech or even post-Plantera weapon.

The cannonballs should have their damage stated, pierce infinitely; and the bullets should deal more damage per hit; on top of making it a post-Mech or even post-Plantera weapon.
Why? Giving a projectile with piercing to a rapid fire weapon is kind of a big nono. And it seems to me like you're trying to hijack the suggestion.

Why? Giving a projectile with piercing to a rapid fire weapon is kind of a big nono. And it seems to me like you're trying to hijack the suggestion.
The OP states that the cannonballs are fired at a slower rate, so making them pierce would both mimic the Cannon's abilities, and make them do something beyond just adding damage.

The OP states that the cannonballs are fired at a slower rate, so making them pierce would both mimic the Cannon's abilities, and make them do something beyond just adding damage.
They would subtract damage, because giving a piercing projectile to a rapid weapon like this one makes some of the projectiles get nullified. I don't know if you're aware, but hitting an enemy with a piercing projectile gives them a small amount of I-frames...

They would subtract damage, because giving a piercing projectile to a rapid weapon like this one makes some of the projectiles get nullified. I don't know if you're aware, but hitting an enemy with a piercing projectile gives them a small amount of I-frames...
It only affects other piercing attacks., so the bullets wouldn't be affected unless piercing ammo was used. The cannonballs are shot more slowly, so it can be assumed that their fire rate would be low enough for their damage output to not suffer.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom