The Polarities Mod

Is there a way the developers can make it multiplayer compatible? Because my little brother got really sad because our Polarities Mod playthrough stopped working after the new update.

The fractal dimension doesn’t work properly for me. I was originally able to enter and exit it just fine when I first gained access to it, but eventually it stopped working. Every time it tried to enter it the loading process would suddenly stop at the “loading map data” section. I eventually decided to create a second world and use the teleporter there and it worked just fine. Does anyone else have this issue or is it just me?

EDIT: It may have been “drawing map” I’m not quite sure.

Last edited:
I'm also experiencing wierdness with the fractal dimension. After flying around in it for a little while I got a crash with something related to an error blending objects. Not sure what this could mean but it happened in the fractal dimension so i'm posting it here

One of my friends found a loophole or something during my multiplayer-playthrough where I had Projectile Fix mod installed (all multi-shot projectiles ignore enemy i-frames and hit altogether), and my friend stumbled upon Neural Basher (a flawless-reward item), which each flails expand into multiple ones upon hit

Combining the features of Projectile Fix mod, and a flail that expands into multiple projectiles on its own each hit, it becomes an endgame item, and what surprises me is that it carried my friend to endgame and used as a main weapon to all bosses

Truly a bizarre experience for me

Love the mod! One of the most creative and in detail mods out there for science nerds like me. I have a couple of pieces of feedback though based on my personal experience playing on expert mode as a melee character. Firstly - the caliper blades are really OP when combined with any modded training dummy, since you can farm the spinning blades fairly easily and this results in 100,000s of DPS and easy cheesing of events and boss fights. This could probably also be achieved using a slime statue and bird machine. I'd say nerf the duration of the blades and reduce the number that can exist at any one time.

Secondly I found the Polarities boss fight far too complex and difficult, the boss log tells me I did 22 attempts without beating it and I'm honestly no closer to understanding it than when I started. For most of the attacks dodging them feels more like it comes down to luck than any actual skill on my part. If by some miracle I survive until they start firing the death rays I just instantly die to those, since they seem to track my movement perfectly except on rare occasions when I luck out and one of them fires somewhere I'm not. I like to think I'm decent at the game - the only other boss that took me multiple tries to beat was Eclipxie (my favourite in this mod!), and I've played terraria for nearly 1000 hours.

This is just my personal experience though, maybe I just suck at this fight in particular!

Secondly I found the Polarities boss fight far too complex and difficult, the boss log tells me I did 22 attempts without beating it and I'm honestly no closer to understanding it than when I started. For most of the attacks dodging them feels more like it comes down to luck than any actual skill on my part. If by some miracle I survive until they start firing the death rays I just instantly die to those, since they seem to track my movement perfectly except on rare occasions when I luck out and one of them fires somewhere I'm not. I like to think I'm decent at the game - the only other boss that took me multiple tries to beat was Eclipxie (my favourite in this mod!), and I've played terraria for nearly 1000 hours.

This is just my personal experience though, maybe I just suck at this fight in particular!
Have to agree with you on that one. The attacks are based on where and how you move, though I still find them to be way too hard.

Love the mod! One of the most creative and in detail mods out there for science nerds like me. I have a couple of pieces of feedback though based on my personal experience playing on expert mode as a melee character. Firstly - the caliper blades are really OP when combined with any modded training dummy, since you can farm the spinning blades fairly easily and this results in 100,000s of DPS and easy cheesing of events and boss fights. This could probably also be achieved using a slime statue and bird machine. I'd say nerf the duration of the blades and reduce the number that can exist at any one time.

it's called "blowing your expectations" and breaking the normal of circle strafing and running away lol.
But to sum it up, when you move around, you "roll" an invisible Sphere around you, the Polarities sit at the north and south sides of these poles. Imagine a red spot on a ball as you roll it around, and now imagine that spot being in 2D space: that's how they move. There's a bit more going on such as how they slow down when they're near you or when doing attacks, but that's the gist of how they move.

Cataclysmic Armageddon has a video where he covers the mod in whole, and asked @turingcomplete30 how they (The Polarities) work, I've highlighted that moment in his video here:

it's called "blowing your expectations" and breaking the normal of circle strafing and running away lol.
You don't have to talk to me like I'm a child. I understand the boss is designed to be different. All I'm saying is that for me, after 20+ tries, I was no closer than when I started. And I don't think I'm alone in that.

You don't have to talk to me like I'm a child. I understand the boss is designed to be different. All I'm saying is that for me, after 20+ tries, I was no closer than when I started. And I don't think I'm alone in that.
You definitely aren't. I watched Cataclysmic's video in its entirety and I'm still struggling.

Uh.. The latest update in the Mod Browser says it fixes the mod from disappearing in the Mod List, yet when I updated it, it actually disappears, and after updating it, I can't find it in both Mod Browser and Mod List, which is ironic, based on what the update log in the description said. Once reloading the mods, it reappeared in Mod Browser (which supposed to be in ModList), tried downloading it again, same thing happens, strange...

Edit: I even tried other methods like checking it on player info (Like which mods are removed or installed), and manually activating it in enabled.json, still no luck...

Luckily I had the previous version on back-up, so I just reverted it back.

Edit: I don't know what's new in the latest update, since it only mentions a fix, I guess I'm gonna put the update on-hold for now.

Last edited:
Uh.. The latest update in the Mod Browser says it fixes the mod from disappearing in the Mod List, yet when I updated it, it actually disappears, and after updating it, I can't find it in both Mod Browser and Mod List, which is ironic, based on what the update log in the description said. Once reloading the mods, it reappeared in Mod Browser (which supposed to be in ModList), tried downloading it again, same thing happens, strange...

Luckily I had the previous version on back-up, so I just reverted it back.
Turing posted this in the discord, he suggests backing up to this: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/724088498272993282/879851193667575838/Polarities.tmod

Newest update adds Rift Denizen and its associated stuff. (The bugfix update has been pushed to the mod browser but it hasn't actually shown up there yet and I'm not sure why, working on figuring that out.) For more information you can look at the wiki, it has changelogs.

@turingcomplete30 Quick question as I'm a little new to content mods. I'm currently using Thorium and was wondering would Polarities work well with it?

My second question is, I couldn't find it mentioned anywhere, but once Polarities is downloaded, would I have to start a brand new world for it? Thanks in advance :)

@turingcomplete30 Quick question as I'm a little new to content mods. I'm currently using Thorium and was wondering would Polarities work well with it?

My second question is, I couldn't find it mentioned anywhere, but once Polarities is downloaded, would I have to start a brand new world for it? Thanks in advance :)
I don't know how well they would work together. Probably not very, mixing content mods usually doesn't work that well. The mod does have some worldgen (the salt and limestone caves) so I would recommend making a new world for it.
I updated this mod but now my mod is gone help plz fix I want to play this cool mod
The version that uploaded to the browser got corrupted for some reason, should be fixed now.

Ayo, wanted to try out this mod with ~52 other mods installed, but it's the only mod out of all of them that when I enable and reload in the tModLoader, go to the main menu, and click "singleplayer," starts to stop my game from responding while causing it to start using most of my memory for a very long amount of time, every single time I tried. I eventually found which mod that was causing this through trial and error, and I was able to enter the character select screen in singleplayer mode again. Just wanted to report this as someone recommended me to do it in the official 64bit tModLoader server

And yes, I was using the 64bit version of tModLoader while doing this.
Just in case this is useful, I'll send the other mods I was using in the modpack from the txt file, this probably won't help but yknow just in case:
"AAAAUThrowing",
"AAMod",
"AlchemistNPC",
"AutoTrash",
"BaseMod",
"BossChecklist",
"BossCursor",
"ChaosRPG",
"CheatSheet",
"ChensGradiusMod",
"CraftableCraftingstations",
"CrystiliumMod",
"CustomChallengeMod",
"EAMusic",
"ElementsAwoken",
"Events",
"FKBossHealthBar",
"Gensokyo",
"HeroSickle",
"HEROsMod",
"Idglibrary",
"InvTweaks",
"JoostMod",
"Laugicality",
"LootBags",
"MagicStorage",
"Malicious",
"Mystic_Lands",
"PlentifulOres",
"Polarities",
"Pumpking",
"QuickSave",
"QwertysRandomContent",
"RecipeBrowser",
"Redemption",
"RedemptionMusic",
"RWM",
"SacredTools",
"SGAmod",
"ShorterRespawn",
"SpiritMod",
"Split",
"StarHell",
"StarsAbove",
"SubworldLibrary",
"SummoningOfHe",
"ThoriumMod",
"UpgradedAccessories",
"Varia",
"WeaponOut",
"WebmilioCommons",
"WingSlot",
"WMITF",
"ZensTweakstest"

I didn't try to configure the setting with the mod or anything, nor do I know if that exists. Hopefully in the end this will work out and people won't possibly have this bug in the future.

Back
Top Bottom