The Polarities Mod

I found a bug. I placed the "Fractal Laser Trap" in the normal world but it turned into the "Fractal Energy Trap". I want to use those laser traps but i can't. plz fix.

Real quick, I'm trying to enable Polarities in tmodloader, but the stubborn thing never enables or installs, and returns to the public browser when I restart tmod. This was after the update that's about 24 hours ago as of now. Is there a bug in the mod somewhere, or what's going on?
Update: when I reload after downloading Polarities, it returns to the public mod browser, and clicking on the download button repeatedly doesn't work.
Update 2: I also tried messing around a bit with the mod folder, didn't work either.

Last edited:
Real quick, I'm trying to enable Polarities in tmodloader, but the stubborn thing never enables or installs, and returns to the public browser when I restart tmod. This was after the update that's about 24 hours ago as of now. Is there a bug in the mod somewhere, or what's going on?
Update: when I reload after downloading Polarities, it returns to the public mod browser, and clicking on the download button repeatedly doesn't work.
Update 2: I also tried messing around a bit with the mod folder, didn't work either.
Im having the same problem. i went into the files on my pc to see if there is anything that can be done there, and it said something about corruption. Hope the issue is fixed soon.

I'm currently having issues installing the mod on tmodloader. I already had it downloaded, but it disappeared. I went to reinstall it, but it just disappears from both mods and mod browser. I also made sure to have the dependency mods enabled, but it still didn't work. Is there some issue I haven't heard about?
Update: I saw some comments dealing with the same issue. Now I know I'm not alone

Just saw that a few others (and maybe more beyond the forums) are having the same issue I had with the latest update, hopefully that gets Turing moving on a fix
Edit: also, Ryanplayer1 mentioned a corruption error, but I found that the corruption message in files is similar across multiple mods, so maybe that's something else?

um for some reason it doesnt allow me ot download the mod, so when i download it, it downloads normally but when i reload browser it says i didnt and when i go into the mods section to see if ive downloaded just to see if the thing was lagging it comes up nowhere and ive tried everything may i please get some help with this

I've been having the same issue, it prompted me to update the mod and in doing so removed it from my mod list and hasn't allowed me to redownload it. It is present in my mod folder when I check but it does not appear on my in-game mod list and thus I cannot run it.

I've encountered what I can only describe as a bug but considering I can't find anyone else who has the same issue maybe I'm just doing something wrong?

Rift Denizen refuses to die, according to the Wiki he should use the Parallax Ray third and final time when he reaches 0 hp but in my case, he stays at 1hp forever, on hit his hp bar flickers and does not drop below 1, he doesn't use the final Parallax Ray and stays invulnerable. I tried making a new character and new world but it didn't help. I tried using one of the cheat items which gives infinite invulnerability frames to see if it would eventually die but even after the game running for hours he's still at 1hp ...

Clues anyone? :(

So, I'm experiencing MASSIVE lag when the Star Construct does it's spinning arms attack that releases a load of projectiles. I'm currently only getting this when picking up coins, buying items in bulk from merchants, and when the Star Construct does this specific attack. I'm at a loss of what it could be.

Hey y'all, wanted to run Polarities alongside some other heavy mods (Calamity, Fargos, Thorium, Stars Above, Split etc) and everything has worked fine until the Fractal Dimension. I was able to run in it once and grab some ore, but dying from Fractalization crashed my game, and now I can't be in the subworld for more than 10 seconds until it crashes by itself. Just downloaded the update that came out so I am on current version.

Just found a pretty major bug, the Rapture is constantly starting after beating a mechanical boss for the first time. The text box is being constantly spammed, and killing any of the enemies doesn't progress the event. It's persisting through exiting and re-entering the world AND through quitting and relaunching TML.

I've encountered what I can only describe as a bug but considering I can't find anyone else who has the same issue maybe I'm just doing something wrong?

Rift Denizen refuses to die, according to the Wiki he should use the Parallax Ray third and final time when he reaches 0 hp but in my case, he stays at 1hp forever, on hit his hp bar flickers and does not drop below 1, he doesn't use the final Parallax Ray and stays invulnerable. I tried making a new character and new world but it didn't help. I tried using one of the cheat items which gives infinite invulnerability frames to see if it would eventually die but even after the game running for hours he's still at 1hp ...

Clues anyone? :(
I got that same issue, invincible Rift Denizen at 1hp, after a lot of trial and error i found that having The Antiaris mod enabled causes this to happen. Not sure what between the two is causing it, but disabling it and then fighting the Rift Denizen was perfectly fine.

Cool mod, but it lacks balance. Some weapons too OP and some are underperforming at their respective stage of the game. As example Bifurcator - preHM gear mage standing in one place can clear HM blood moon. Or fractal pickaxe - i'm ok with it mining faster than all pre-mech tools, but don't like skipping all other tiers of HM ores (maybe somehow make it better than Pickaxe Axe in fractal dimension and on par with T1-2 HM ones in normal world?). Antoine's Charm - want to enter temple before WoF? Basically RoD on a button. On the other side - blazing ire/true blazing ire feels like pre-mech weapon. Flawless rift denizen bow just useless.
Some NPC spawn rates are way too high or have other problems:
  • great stellated slimes (HM blood moon + zerg potion from calamity = 200-350 stars per night + a bunch of amulets (why 100% drop?)(and they are too annoying))
  • too much of blood bats and zombats, not annoying but can cause lag when there is too much of them (and why zombat staff has 10% drop chance? 2.5% would be better)
  • kraken (u need to kill only 4 of them for all items)
  • spitters can spam half of screen with particles from trails of their projectiles
  • Illuminant scorer can be damaged only at the core (cool idea, but melee can struggle)
  • Painbow spawns 1-2 times at the end of the rapture (event can be longer imo)
  • instability... why i need 10 of them on screen and 10 more off screen filling mob cap when i need only one of it cuz it's not consumable? why not make it rare like truffle worm? (not to extreme)
  • brine flies in salt caves - but they got cool banner tho :)
About worldgen - salt caves can override other biomes and it gets pretty annoying (abyss and sunken sea from calamity) with it desiccating (why dessicating on wiki?) debuff that can be given to player even if there no signs of that biome.
Post-ML book with 50% chance for lifesteal - didn't get to it yet, will write there again if it's too op.

Overall good mod, cool bosses and music, but needs more balance to be done and some resprite (convective items and some from sunpixie)
P.S. Played with Antiaris and it took me 16 tries to finally realize that something wrong. managed to kill it in 30 s as mage (expert pre WoF) and then turned to ultra instinct mode for 3 minutes to just realize that i'm dumb and then had to give myself loot from boss via HERO's mod.
All the best to turingcomplete30 <3
P.P.S. Lifesteal book from ML is as OP as bloodsteal potion from Antiaris (at lest if paired with magnetic streams, can facetank ML as mage, needs nerfs

Last edited:
I have a suggestion: make the Polarities boss leave behind a trail so that it is easier to understand where they’re moving. Their movement patterns are currently difficult to understand when you don’t already know everything about how the boss works, specifically, it is difficult when to know when one of the Polarities is stationary. When I was first fighting the boss, I had no idea that one of them was stationary at all due to the opaque and undetailed background (yes, I am aware that that the background changes color depending on which Polarity is stationary but it is such a subtle, arbitrary, and unnoticeable indicator for anyone who didn’t already know of it). Adding a trail to the boss will make it clear that one of the Polarities is moving while the other isn’t, and make the first encounter with the boss less confusing and more enjoyable.

just a suggestion, making the rift denizen's parallax ray lighter of an effect or have a config option to turn it down, i know having three content mods isn't that ideal but it just seems like a useful feature for those whose computers might not be strong enough to handle the effect, though i'm not fully sure exactly how taxing or not an effect the ray is

Edit: self similar sentinel is not spawning not are any of the arenas for the ore vein

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom