S: Absolutely overpowered

A: A really good weapon/ammo

B: An average weapon/ammo

C: Not recommended to use

D: Defenitely don't use

F: Why would you try to use this??

Ammo types:

WOODEN ARROWS

Your first arrow type. Use it for 5 seconds,then craft them into frostburn or flaming arrows.However,they truly come into play when you attain the blood rain,hellwing and the bee's knee's bows.These bows use their own special arrows.

B-

FLAMING ARROWS

An upgrade to regular arrows.the DOT is good and all,but is worse then frostburn arrows.Use them until you get a good chunk of ice for frostburn arrows

C+

FROSTBURN ARROWS

Best to use on regular enemies.The DOT is really good,and you can easily get your hands on these.this is good for some bosses in pre-hardmode,but not many at all.

A

JESTER ARROWS

With the boost to falling star spawnrates, it isn't all that hard to get a stack of these anymore,not to mention how great they are on nearly every boss in pre-hardmode becuase of thier infinite piercing which is especialy op on the eater of worlds.

A+

UNHOLY ARROWS

These are often overshadowed becuase of thier limited piercing and costly crafting recipe.it is better to sell whatever you get from the corruption pots to the Merchant,as they are just worse jester arrows.

C-

HELLFIRE ARROWS

the arrow brother of exploding bullets. However,they are ven better than exploding bullets becuase they do not damage the player in close range.Added with the fact that they are cheaper than mose arrow types,plus the high damage and high velocity and I think you've got a winning combination.however,I would say they are often overlooked due to the fact that most people go through the underworld as ranger for the hellwing bow rather then the hellfire arrows that freely come from underworld pots.

A+

BONE ARROWS

Less damage than frostburn arrows, only pierces 1 time,has a very low chance to be in the skeleton merchants inventory(who is rare himeself).What could be worse? Nothing from this arrow could redeem itself.

D

Weapons Obtained or Crafted through Mining

Ore Shortswords:
What is there to say? Frankly, Using and crafting shortswords is a waste of your bars and time. It doesn't cost too much more to just craft a broadsword instead.Shortswords are... Short ranged.You can't get too far at all with them,and they do not posses much damage. Just set aside your copper shortsword for the zenith and craft a wooden sword which is way better

Damage: #
Crowd Control:#
Dps: ##
Safety:#

Ore broadswords

Many people may disagree with me because of how generic these weapons are.They may say that these broadswords lack a beam or anything else,and perform poorly against projectile enemies.The truth is though, that there are not many projectile enemies in pre-hardmode. Simply, One of your worst enemies in Pre-hardmode are bats.They fly around,and amazingly dodge arrows,bullets and beams.The only thing that bats cannot penetrate are broadswords.and that is why I rank these higher than most people might like.

Ore broadswords:
B-

Damage:##
Crowd Control:#
Dps::###
Safety:####

Wooden Broadswords

Even in my so-generous explanation of why I kind of like Ore broadswords,not all are the same in my eye.Most wooden broadswords are hard to get due to the enemies in their respective biomes.Take my point.The wooden broadsword does 7 damage.Compare that to that shadewood sword,which does 9 damage.Not bad.but the crimson is known for tough enemies that will kill you in one-hit early game,and the corruption is filled with pits,and not a lot of trees either.I'd say that the trade-off is not equal,as you can stick to your wooden sword until you get a better weapon.However,the cactus braodsword is better by a bit,so,I guess use that

Wooden broadswords:
C+

Damage:#
Crowd control:#
Dps:###
Safety:#

Ore bows

With one of these and frostburn arrows,you have a great combo.This and the fact that speedrunners use this constantly to defeat skeletron is amzaing for such an easy and conveineint weapon makes me rank this high in my list.Not to mention that this is still useful for inflicting ichor while speedrunning the game makes it even more useful.However,you have to be kind of close as the arrows don't go too far
Ore bows:
B+

Damage:####
Crowd control:#
Dps:####
Safety:###

Wooden yoyos

Ah,the wooden yoyo.A reliable and easy-to-get weapon that makes hole-cheesing possible during the night and literally any time you are in a box.It makes a half decent ranged melee weapon that,although it still makes you need to go up close and personal,it gives a little bit of wiggle room to deal with most grounded enemies like arm zombies and the like. Although the damage is a bit lower than desireable.

Wooden yoyo:
B-

Crowd Control:####
Dps:##
Saftey:###

The light's Bane

The bane,even with it's buff,is simply not worth it to upgrade from the ore sword you already have.Even worse,it is quite inferior to the blood butcherer, the so called "Counterpart" of the light's bane. In truth, it is not, and is even better than it by twice or 1.5 times the damage of most ore swords.Simply just leave it aside for when you need to craft the night's edge.

Light's bane:
C+

Crowd Control:###
Dps:##
Safety:##

Blood Butcherer

This. This is the sword you should get. Much more damage,the sword is bigger,this you should use,not the light's bane.Like I said earlier,it has twice the damage of most ore braodswords,and is only a little slower.I think that this is a good sword,but far from the best.

Blood butcherer:
B

Damage:####
Crowd control:###
Dps:###
Safety:###

Flare Gun: F
Availability: 3/5
Damage: 1/5
Accuracy: 2/5
Crowd control: 3/5
Safety: 3/5
Unless you want to suffer, don't use this weapon.

Mace: A
Damage: 3/5
Accuracy: 3/5
Crowd control: 4/5
Safety: 2/5
By how much thrown flails are buffed, this sure will be good. I mean average. It deals more damage than bows in that stage of the game, but it doesn't have as much range. And it doesn't inflict debuffs to counter bosses' defense.

Flaming Mace: A+
Damage: 4/5
Crowd control: 4/5
Just as good as the Mace, and inflicts on fire debuff. Basically a better free upgrade.

Enchanted Sword: S
Availability: 1/5
Safety: 4/5
If you can get it, this thing is a blast. It can shoot like bows, and can slap like swords, dealing way more damage (23!) than a gold broadsword, but even faster with better knockback. While retrating, you can shoot it backwards and knock away things chasing you.

Ice blade: S-
Availability: 2/5
A enchanted sword replacement. If you aren't lucky enough to find an enchanted sword, this will do just as good, except with 6 less damage.

Ice Boomrang: C+
Crowd control: 2/5
Boomrangs: Good if you can just stay close and combo them in a corner. But is there's two of them it becomes useless. Just slightly better than enchanted boomrangs. Not very good.

Shroomrang: C
Damage: 2/5
A weaker version of Ive Boomrang.[/SPOILER]

Snowball Cannon: S-
It deals the same damage as a tungsten bow via flaming arrows, but it shoots twice as fast and uses very cheap ammunition. It also travels a lot quicker, making it easier to hit. If we exclude guns, it is the best pre-boss ranged weapon you can get.

Terragrim: A-
Availability: 0.5/5
Damage: 5/5
Accuracy: 4/5
Safety: 0.5/5
It deals astonshing amount of damage when hit, but it's safety is almost non-existent at this point. Best used if you are a tank with good mobility and healing.

Last edited:
Ahh man, I just hope the forum have some kind of multiediting option-allowing chosen people to edit the thread as well.

It's not meant to be a weapon. It's supposed to be a light source that you can shoot, which is very useful in my opinion. It also works underwater.
Actually the flare gun does have some utility in combat, it has infinite piercing, and although it doesn't do much damage it inflicts On Fire!, and longer than any other prehardmode weapon. Thanks to it being considered a lighting tool you can hold the 'quick torch' button then fire a single flare extremely quickly.

It's far from the best weapon, but its not F tier.

Back
Top Bottom