Weapons & Equip The Problem With Souls

Krypnoda

Terrarian
I just noticed a problem with souls. See what i mean?
  • Soul of Might
Used to craft: Megashark
  • Soul of Sight
Used to craft: Rainbow Rod
  • Soul of Fright
Used to craft: Flamethrower

Let me guess, you still cannot see the problem. Let me explain it to you. The weapons crafted don't make sense. I love the megashark, rainbow rod, and Flamethrower, but two out of he three are very similar in crafting while the other is completely different. The megashark and flamethrower are ranged and use Illegal Gun Parts in their crafting, while the rainbow rod is a magic weapon and does not use Illegal gun parts. Thus i suggest 9 new weapons. Two magic, 3 melee, 3 summoner, and 1 ranged.​
  • Ranged
Scoped Assault Rifle
Damage: 25
Critical Strike Chance: 8%
Knockback: Average
Use Time: fast
Velocity: very fast
Crafting:
  1. Clockwork Assault Rifle
  2. Scope
  3. Souls of Sight 30
At Mythril Anvil
Shoots 3 bullets very quickly with only the first of the three consuming ammo with a zoom scope. Stacks with scope. Thanks to Noxious for the sprite.
terraria_scopedclockworkrifle_x2_by_noxious.png
  • Magic
Boulderdash
Damage: 55
Mana: 15
Critical Strike Chance: 15%
Knockback: Insane
Use Time: Slow
Velocity: Average
Crafting:
  1. 5 Boulders
  2. 1 Tome
  3. Souls of Might 30
At Bookcase
Shoots boulders at enemies which shatter dealing 60% damage to every enemy in 5 block radius

Death Rod
Damage: 45
Mana: 5
Critical Strike Chance: 4%
Knockback: Average
Use Time: Fast
Velocity: Very Fast
Crafting:
  1. 10 Deathweed
  2. Souls of Night 5
  3. Souls of Fright 30
Shoots a wraith that travels through blocks and has a piercing ability
  • Melee
Eye-Sore
Damage: 35
Knockback: Low
Use Time: Very Fast
Crafting:
  1. 20 Lenses
  2. 3 Black Lens
  3. 25 Souls of Sight
At Mythril Anvil
A sword that shoots a eye that inflicts the Horrified and Darknes debuff
Dream Catcher
Damage: 25
Knockback: Weak
Use Time: Fast
Crafting:
  1. 10 Ectoplasm
  2. 30 Cobweb
  3. 25 Souls of Fright
At Mythril Anvil
Capture undead and then shoots balls of dreams that do 20 damage each undead

Thanks for listening if you did.

Last edited:
I've recently fallen in love with the Clockwork Assault Rifle. Getting an upgrade that works the same way - with a scope, even - would be nothing short of awesome.

EDIT: I made a sprite for it. I borrowed the scope and colors from the Sniper Rifle, but I also made an alternate version in black. The sprite is based on the classic M4 Carbine.

terraria_scopedassaultrifle_by_noxious.png
terraria_scopedassaultrifle_x2_by_noxious.png

EDIT 2: Clockwork version.

terraria_scopedclockworkrifle_by_noxious.png

Last edited:
I've recently fallen in love with the Clockwork Assault Rifle. Getting an upgrade that works the same way - with a scope, even - would be nothing short of awesome.

EDIT: I made a sprite for it. I borrowed the scope and colors from the Sniper Rifle, but I also made an alternate version in black. The sprite is based on the classic M4 Carbine.

terraria_scopedassaultrifle_by_noxious.png
terraria_scopedassaultrifle_x2_by_noxious.png

EDIT 2: Clockwork version.

terraria_scopedclockworkrifle_by_noxious.png
Thanks for the sprites, could you do the sprites for the magic weapons. I am thinking of making melee and summoning weapons.

HOLY CRAP!
Eye-Sore
Damage: 35
Knockback: Low
Use Time: Very Fast
Crafting:
  1. 20 Lenses
  2. 5 Black Lens
  3. 25 Souls of Sight
5 BLACK LENSES ARE TOO MUCH! I'VE ONLY GOTTEN TWO FROM PLAYING 150+ HOURS OF TERRARIA!

But, seriously, change that.

Even after you made the eye-sore only cost 3 black lenses, that's still WAY too much. The optic staff only costs 1 black lens, and even that is annoying. Also you only need to add 2 summoner weapons since the optic staff already is a summoner weapon made with souls of sight.

Even after you made the eye-sore only cost 3 black lenses, that's still WAY too much. The optic staff only costs 1 black lens, and even that is annoying. Also you only need to add 2 summoner weapons since the optic staff already is a summoner weapon made with souls of sight.

horrified and darkness
so not only are they two debuffs worthless against the AI considering how it works

but horrified would be useless period. all the horrified debuff does it prevent you from getting too far away from the WoF

Back
Top Bottom