Video The pure loot playthrough

And part 10 is up, in an attempt to fight the next Mech boss:

At this point, I'm not sure what's left to farm before fighting the mechs.
It's really difficult to decide what to aim for because the Corruption keeps growing in the jungle. So I don't have all the time to farm for it.

While thinking for a better strategy, I've decided to farm a bit in the underground Ice biome.
The pirate outfit really fits my character and this playthough, I'll probably keep that one for a while:
equipment.PNG

The coin gun could be useful, but it's too much of a hassle to do the coin management well. And so I prefer the Dart Rifle over it.
It's still a great minigun for stunlocking though.

Farming enemies have been much easier now that I've a minion and the Nimbus Clouds, it's still difficult to find a proper area as I lack any pickaxe.

I've also noticed that most of the hardmode dropped bows are all converting arrows.
Which would be useful if you only had Wooden, but not if you've merged them all into Jester Arrows. <_<
The Hellwing Bow does not convert non-wooden arrows. So I've tried to reach for that one.
Unfortunate, one path is completely blocked with a burning structure, and on top of that, there are also Red Devils now around to make it even more sour.
So that's not going to be an option for now, sadly. Better gonna keep the focus on the Stormbow instead.

After an attempt to farm for a while, but still getting nothing, I've decided to take a bet at progression and want to aim for the Twins next night.
At the same night, the Twins thought so the same:
unknown.png

Knowing the Twin's mobility is now greater than mine, I've decided to bring some buff potions:

It...was not as great as I had expected. Though I've almost taken down Spazmatism.
Though since I've near-maxed out the possibilities, I'm starting to see a limitation in progression now.
Maybe better luck next time.

After plantera the best place is probably gonna be the dungeon. (Also you might wanna change that rule on npc shopping because Old Ones Army.)
I've already been aware that I'll miss out on a lot of post-Golem content. Including PM/FM and Duke Fishron. I could make an exception on housings and reforging. But I won't break the primary ones of no buying/using crafting stations.

And if the point has reached where I can't progress any further. Then I'll draw the line there. As I find knowing the absolute point of no progression more important than beating Moon Lord because of an exception.

Yeah, it's a little strict. But all the effort through pre-hardmode would be in vain if I'll make an exception. :)

You were relatively close, if you use your minion (maybe even two if you've gotten a Bewitching Table) and healing potions next time you should definitly be able to do it. The only upgrades gear-wise I can think of currently would be to maybe farm for an Uzi in the jungle and get Musket Balls by smashing Shadow Orbs or Silver Bullets from pots. Or try to get a Shadowflame Knife or Hex Doll from Goblin Summoners.

If only you healed you might have lasted a little longer. Also looks like you need a longer sky bridge. :dryadwink:
Yep, I've noticed that my potion sickness wore off right after I've used my buffs. I was too focussed on the fight.
You were relatively close, if you use your minion (maybe even two if you've gotten a Bewitching Table) and healing potions next time you should definitly be able to do it. The only upgrades gear-wise I can think of currently would be to maybe farm for an Uzi in the jungle and get Musket Balls by smashing Shadow Orbs or Silver Bullets from pots. Or try to get a Shadowflame Knife or Hex Doll from Goblin Summoners.
mhm, little mistakes were made because I had to prepare in a rush.
Unfortunate musket balls/bullets are a very limited source. So I'll have to think twice before I'll think about using them. This will likely end up not using bullet weapons at all. Thankfully the Dart Rifle's doing great.

The Shadowflame weapons are incredible. It's only too bad that I cannot control summoning a Goblin Army. So that's going to be luck-based every day.
I can still use the Biome Mimics to get stronger weapons. But that depends on where they spawn. Keys of light and night requires a workbench.

But I'll be getting there. Thanks for the tips and suggestions. :)

Last edited:
You SHOULD be able use the Lunatic Cultist's station, right?
Code:
if (craftingStation == true)
{
    return false;
}

Nope, And that's likely the definitive limit. :naughty:

But honestly, been able to reach Moon Lord would already be an archievment, I'm still having doubts to deal with the remaining mechs.

And the next part is up, where I found a mighty piece of equipment that I totally forgot about:

The grind for something returned again. The downfall from the Twins was heavy, but it was a good check to see how well it went.

By crossing the desert, I've noticed the corruption has already spread through halfway, it was rather disappointing knowing that I can't do anything to prevent it.
...however, it does have it's uses:
Djinn's Blessing.png

For these unaware, Djinn's Curse is a vanity item that allows a pernament Featherfall buff when equipped on the legs.

Completely oblivious about what the use of these effects were, I had to compare if it was worthful to have a 'little' mobility over some defence.

But as it turns out, this item is doing incredible!

Lift off.gif

In combination with the Unicorn, it's becoming an airplane that can take me almost to the edge of a medium map before touching the ground again.
It also allows slower and faster falling, and immumity to fall damage, this is honestly the best replacement for Wings that I'll be able to find, and perfect for a playthough like this! Maybe it's more of a Blessing after all. :)

Man...it just feels awkward that I've browsed through the list of all armors, to check if there are non-helmet pieces that can be useful.
And then an amazing item like this slips by because it's tagged as vanity. <.<

It was doubtful to decide whether I'll still use the Lucky Horsehoe, as it has a Warding Prefix, over some other defensive items like the Cobalt Shield.
I've even gone back to the Dungeon to seek if I could find an Cobalt Shield with a prefix. (I found an Arcane one).
But at the end, I've decided to go with both and swapped out the Sharktooth Necklace. Even though it's Menacing, I'll probably go better without.

And so, a second attempt has been made against the Twins:

Nice job! Djinn's Curse is one of those items I never really paid attention to, aside from vanity reasons. You get it relatively late in the game when there's already better alternatives available and you have to give up a set bonus. But it's nice to know that even this item has its use under certain circumstances :D

Whoa, thank you for making me realize the awesomeness that is Djinn's Curse.
Keep in mind that it's doing nothing more than just a featherfall potion with a pernament effect. Quite similair to the Mana flower in that regard. For temporary bossfights you probably want to use the potions to keep the armor set bonus.

But it can be great for longer sessions.

Back
Top Bottom