Video The pure loot playthrough

Yeah, I can see why that'd be frustrating... maybe you should just bomb that marble cave into smithereens. (Edit: may also help with releasing some tension :D) As for tips for fighting him - I don't really have any, sorry. Never been in a situation like that, especially if you consider platforms as cheesing already.

I deemed defeating biome mimics too difficult in my no-crafting playthrough, but you did and that did pay off. You have probably already passed the hardest part of the game. And once you defeat Plantera, it will become a lot easier as many new powerful become available. By the way,
:red: How many times have you died? :red:

EDIT - I see you made a post about the jungle temple. I though you still haven't defeated Plantera.

I deemed defeating biome mimics too difficult in my no-crafting playthrough, but you did and that did pay off. You have probably already passed the hardest part of the game. And once you defeat Plantera, it will become a lot easier as many new powerful become available. By the way,
:red: How many times have you died? :red:

EDIT - I see you made a post about the jungle temple. I though you still haven't defeated Plantera.
Yeah, I've noticed that I forgot to update the first post with it. Will probably do that the next time I'll update the run.

As for the death count...
...too much.
A lot of the most stupid deaths have been made because I didn't had the gear to move or protect myself. And since I never set a spawn point. I had to walk all they way back until I had some decent movement tools.

Thanks for the read. :)

And part 17 is up, making an end of Golem's persistence.

No matter how much I've swapped out and how hard I've tried, there always was something happening that doesn't let me beat Golem on the normal way:
I've even tried autopause to swap out accessories when they're active. It's really troubling me that I need to micromanage more than 5 accessories just to breat hardmode's easiest boss:

The Medusa appearance is still the most annoying of all, even though she didn't appeared at all during Plantera's fight (safe from after defeat), while it's the same Marble biome.
It just looks that far away...I don't see any sense in it:
l1.png

Regardless, out of frustration, I've decided to spend all my remaining bombs and Dynamite just to blow up all of the Marble Ceiling.
I guess saving all these Dynamite starts becoming worth after all:
l2.png

A while later, there was only half of the Marble Biome remaining, that felt really statisfying:
Capture 2019-05-05 14_56_23.png

And after watching back my previous fail, I start to notice that I'm too grounded, and that the Golem body is most of the time the causes of my deaths, because of it's reckless jumping and high damage.
I think I never saw that as a problem before because I had wings, So I finally start to notice the downside of the Featherfall effect over Wings: you can only ascend in the air again with double jumps. This was never been a problem in the open air. So it was the small space in the Golem Area all the time where I stayed too grounded.

So, with that in mind, I started to avoid the Golem's Body in it's 2nd form at all cost, and eventually, it happened:
*Final Fantasy Victory theme plays
It's over...finally...
Whatever's facing next, I'll have at least the surface space again to dodge well.

And like I said, I've updated the thread again with the latest chapters. :)

Last edited:
get the death sickle from the eclipse, and farm for the rainbow gun. Then, build this (but have a hole so that you can fire stuff, or if u get RoD use that)

thumb_320.jpg

...Oh right, I did this thing too.

Well then, guess it's time for another update. Going for as far I can remember from the pics:

With the Golem finally fallen, the last lock of progression has been broken.
I personally like how much different equipment you can get at this tier: Pumpkin Moon, Frost Moon, Duke Fishron, Old One's Army T3, Martians, Endgame Armors,
All of them are in a pretty equal tier to prepare for the Celestial Event. Untill you'll eventually swap it all out for Celestial gear.

It's kinda ironic that even though most of these tier upgrades are actually drops, you're unable to even summon them because it requires crafting summons or buying a bug net. It's quite an unintended side effect that will impact my chances even in late-game. That's where my biggest doubt is if I'll ever defeat Moon Lord.

But I've not reached the limit yet, so in that case the run will continue.

At Golem's first defeat, it dropped the
Possessed_Hatchet.png
Possessed Hatched, which truly is a headstart to have it easier in this mode.
It's direct and continious homing ability makes it one of my favorite weapons to use in the late-game.
And since the Dart Rifle and Piranha Gun was reaching their limit, It's really a blessing to have this weapon in my run now!

With this, I've been able to hold off much better in the dungeon, and so a grind session has started:
unknown.png
unknown.png

Current Equipment so far:
unknown.png

I've so far hold back to rematch the Golem, because I rather want to have a certain chance to beat him again.

I also started to notice how boring most of the offensive accessories actually are, most of them is just a stat/damage increase.
While most of the defensive accessories can add much more variety. So I think I'll start to make my build full defensive right now. Most of the offensive accessories requires combination anyways.

And at the end, after I wanted to rush back to the dungeon, my Unicorn accidently triggered the cultists:
unknown.png

Well, I guess the Cultist fight is gonna be worth a shot.

...it wasn't...

Probably died when he still had around 75% HP.
Even with the Djinn's Curse, I was too grounded to offer enough mobility to survive.
The options for that to improve is the UFO mount, but yeah...Martians are brutal.

Don't worry, you'll make it to the end. And after that you'll be ready to do it again... on Expert!

Just messing with you on the Expert part! :joy:

No, he's going to play through Master Mode without armour, accessories, mounts, no jumping, and with a copper shortsword!

Back
Top Bottom