tModLoader The Pure Spirit Mod

Is the boss too strong?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

a_soulspark

Skeletron Prime
PURE SPIRIT MOD
This mod is very unlikely to get any further updates. Don't expect me to make better sprites, balance the content or introduce new content into the mod.

Hello, everybody!
This is my first mod, the Pure Spirit Mod. It lets you purify your world.

Its only addition is a boss, The Impure Soul, who rewards you items that instantly and completely purify your world.

Essence of Impurity - Summons The Impure Soul. Dropped by hardmode evil (Corruption/Crimson/Hallow) enemies with 2% (1/50) chance. Also dropped by pre-hardmode evil enemies with 0.8% (1/125) chance.
Purity in a Bottle - Removes the Corruption/Crimson from your world. It won't prevent it from reappearing. Dropped by The Impure Soul during pre-hardmode.
Soul of Purity - Removes the evil (Corruption/Crimson/Hallow) from your world. It won't prevent it from reappearing. Dropped by The Impure Soul during hardmode.
Kamikaze Staff - Throws bullet-like orbs that explode on touch, costs 10 mana to use. Expert-mode only reward for The Impure Soul.
The Impure Soul - The boss of the mod, it's strong and gets even stronger on hardmode. It'll pursue the player for 4 seconds then will use one out of three attacks:
  • Icy Balls - Throws spiky ball-like things at the player. They inflict the Chilled debuff (4s) and, at hardmode, they have 50% chance to inflict Frozen (2s).
  • Kamikaze Summoning - Summons a pack of kamikaze enemies. They are just like Duke Fishron's Detonating bubbles.
  • Sickle Summoning - Summons a sickle minion to help her during the fight. They behave like Demon eyes.

I hope you enjoy this mod!

I appreciate anybody that could make better sprites for the mod, specially for The Impure Soul, the bag and the Essence of Impurity.

Thanks for everybody that download this mod, and for the creators of the Example Mod, my main reference for creating this.

Last edited:
Please tell me if there are any bugs, crashes, or suggestions for the mod.
[doublepost=1500328934,1500328917][/doublepost]
Thank you :)
Ill be sure to man :D
[doublepost=1500329385][/doublepost]Hey I have a question about how it says it wont stop it from reappearing. So it will get rid of all world evils but breaking crimson altars and placing blocks like ebonstone/pearlsand will still spread it after you use the bottle of purity right? Oh and of course clentaminator :D

Ill be sure to man :D
[doublepost=1500329385][/doublepost]Hey I have a question about how it says it wont stop it from reappearing. So it will get rid of all world evils but breaking crimson altars and placing blocks like ebonstone/pearlsand will still spread it after you use the bottle of purity right? Oh and of course clentaminator :D
Yes, breaking altars and using the clentaminator, seeds or other stuff will make everything come back :)

I like the idea behind it. It helps those who want a cleansed world for maps (or art in general)
I will consider using it if I want to build farms or make some Pixel Art.

So I'd say, It's a good mod you made there.
(Haven't talked about the actual boss because I have no idea about the power level of the thing..)

What's the difference between the "Purity in a Bottle" and the "Soul of Purity"?
Does the bottle only remove crimson/corruption and does the soul remove crimson/corruption AND hallow?

This mod's pretty boss, but uh, the Kamikaze Staff is very OP. Though that might just be a bug because it appears to be a ranged weapon. At least, it does for me.

Hooray!

Finally a mod that gets rid of that pesky evil once and for all.

Wait a minute...
last updated 7 months ago on mod browser?

This thing still getting some love? Is this dead?

Last edited:
Pretty much dead, I made this quite a while ago, and I don't have too much creativity.
I already thought about updating it, but it was a lot of time ago. I'm not a good artist after all, the mod would still look ugly.

The mod may work, but I'm not sure if it works with Tmodloader 0.10.1.2.

Something I thought I could change was the difficulty of the boss, but I made a poll asking that and most even found it difficult, but they preferred it difficult.
Also about the Kamikaze Staff, it was the only thing that crossed my mind as an Expert Mode reward for the Impure Soul. I don't know exactly what could replace it.

kamikaze staff has summoning dmg, but for me has ranged dmg,
kamikaze staff vs mecha bosses: mech bosses died almost instantly

I just understood what's the problem with the Kamikaze Staff.
You were only supposed to get it on Hardmode, but The Impure Soul can be easily beaten before it, and you still get the item.
My bad, I just don't have the files to update the mod anymore, so I can't fix it.

I just understood what's the problem with the Kamikaze Staff.
You were only supposed to get it on Hardmode, but The Impure Soul can be easily beaten before it, and you still get the item.
My bad, I just don't have the files to update the mod anymore, so I can't fix it.
the problem is: in recipe browser the item has summonig damage, when i hovered cursor into it it has throwing dmg, and when i use is ranged dmg
Bugs everywhere

Great mod. Sad to see you can't update it anymore. Wish I knew how to code so I could pick it up. If you download it and decompile it, would that solve the issue of not having the code?

Great mod. Sad to see you can't update it anymore. Wish I knew how to code so I could pick it up. If you download it and decompile it, would that solve the issue of not having the code?
Yes, I think so. But the problem is that, if I'm not mistaken, the names of the variables and comments aren't kept after you compile the code, so everything'd be completely unreadable. I think I erased the files, but I may have only moved them somewhere else, still I remember it's not that hard to make the code, just loop for each tile of the world and check if it is Crimson, Corruption or Hallow. If it is, just replace it with a pure version of it. Only that.
I even think that's how the Clentaminator works, but they break any pots and similar stuff in the proccess, I don't know how to do that. Anyways, there's no magic, just check for the ID of the block. There aren't many evil/hallow blocks, so it shouldn't be too much code, but there's sadly no easy way of doing it.

Yes, I think so. But the problem is that, if I'm not mistaken, the names of the variables and comments aren't kept after you compile the code, so everything'd be completely unreadable. I think I erased the files, but I may have only moved them somewhere else, still I remember it's not that hard to make the code, just loop for each tile of the world and check if it is Crimson, Corruption or Hallow. If it is, just replace it with a pure version of it. Only that.
I even think that's how the Clentaminator works, but they break any pots and similar stuff in the proccess, I don't know how to do that. Anyways, there's no magic, just check for the ID of the block. There aren't many evil/hallow blocks, so it shouldn't be too much code, but there's sadly no easy way of doing it.
You make it sound pretty easy. I'll have to take a crack at it and see if I can't figure it out. As long as updates don't change anything this mod should work just fine for some time. I still have some that were outdated a year or 2 ago and still work perfectly fine.

Finally, I managed to get the code back, I'm too lazy to make any changes though. If anyone knows how to code, here's the file if you wanna make another mod like this one. The file is for the Soul of Purity, which cleanses the Hallow and the Evil from your world. It is quite simple to figure out how to cleanse only the Evil.

Also sorry for giving you a completely uncommented code, but I often forget to comment it. I hope you can understand it, still.

Attachments

• SoulOfPurity.cs
    5 KB · Views: 411
Back
Top Bottom