Blocks & Decoration The Purifier - New "Furniture" That Protects Against Evil Biomes

I like the idea of a furniture item that stops biomes from spreading, however, the whole battery system would feel kinda modded... Idk, just my opinion, I have no idea in what other way it could be balanced.

Also, perhaps it could be sold/tied with the dryad instead of the steampunker. Dryad states that the evil biomes are her mortal enemies, yet does a whole lot of nothing to stop them, the best she can do is sell some weak cleansing powder to the player. Plus, the steampunker already has the clentaminator, giving her two different biome-altering items would be a bit unffiting imo.

I like the idea of a furniture item that stops biomes from spreading, however, the whole battery system would feel kinda modded... Idk, just my opinion, I have no idea in what other way it could be balanced.

Also, perhaps it could be sold/tied with the dryad instead of the steampunker. Dryad states that the evil biomes are her mortal enemies, yet does a whole lot of nothing to stop them, the best she can do is sell some weak cleansing powder to the player. Plus, the steampunker already has the clentaminator, giving her two different biome-altering items would be a bit unffiting imo.
Thematically, the machine itself fits the Steampunker more, but maybe the fuel could be sold by the Dryad.

It's so annoying when a town is taken over by the Corruption or the Crimson, because the NPCs can't live there, and that makes the Pylons not work. So I'm suggesting a furniture item called the Purifier (better names accepted) that is sold by the Steampunker for 1 Platinum. It creates a bubble of purity that the Corruption/Corruption/Hallow can't take over. It's powered by Purifier Batteries, which are also bought from the Steampunker. There would be 3 tiers of Purifier Batteries, also bought from the Steampunker, and the first tier would be available at the same time as the Purifier. Higher tier batteries equal more battery life and larger bubble. Whenever the Corruption, Crimson or Hallow takes over a block inside the bubble, that block is purified and the battery loses a bit of its "life". When the battery runs out, the bubble disappears. The second tier would be available after Plantera, and the third tier would be available after defeating the Lunatic Cultist for the first time. Also, when you hover your cursor over the an active Purifier, it would display the percent of the battery life left.
Like what would have been in terraria other world?

The weird stone things

Actualy just read the rest of the response

How about bringing back those items from terraria otherworld, those machines with the blue crystals.
Give him credit he was first

Like what would have been in terraria other world?
The weird stone things
Actualy just read the rest of the response
Give him credit he was first
Four posts in a row. Merged into one.

You were first to talk about terraria other world
The stone things
Two posts in a row. Merged into one.

Hi @Soloraven13, please don’t post twice (or four times) in a row. Use the Edit button instead of making a new post. Thanks.

This is a really great idea. Currently, I often find myself spreading the Hallow over an evil biome if it reaches a town, because otherwise I'd have to keep coming back and manually purifying it periodically. Being able to keep it pure without having to run around with a Clentaminator would be very convenient.

Back
Top Bottom