Other The Rainbow Moon

BillyDominatez

Terrarian
"The Rainbow Moon is rising..."

Hello! This will be my first suggestion on these forums! Feedback would be GREATLY appreciated! So, without further ado, lets get to the suggestion!

Warning!:
This post contains flashing and colorful images, so it might cause problems for people with symptoms like epilepsy. You have been warned

The Rainbow Moon

Introduction:
Personally, I think the Hallow is very bland. It doesn't have any bosses, or anything special enough to make people want to go there as often as they do to other biomes, like the jungle.
Another thing I know some of us want is another moon event, because I don't think 2 cuts it, so why not combine the Hallow and a Moon event to make something that will make the Hallow shine?
Hence, The Rainbow Moon

Summoning:

Rainbow Ticket.gif

In order to summon the Rainbow Moon, you will need a Rainbow Ticket.
It will be crafted using:

• 5 Ectoplasm
  • 15 Pixie Dust
  • 5 Soul of Might
Like the Pumpkin and Frost Moon, it can be only summoned at night, and will be easier than the Pumpkin Moon and have 10 waves (Because it is to prepare people for the Pumpkin Moon, just like the Pumpkin Moon prepares you for the Frost Moon.)

Now, let's head over to the angry mob of mobs who will fight you during this event!

Mobs:

Pixiemen:

New Piskel-3.png

Although they might be small, they will put up a good fight! They have the same kind of AI as the Scarecrow and Zombie Elf (except they cant hop). They also come in two variants, Normal and Wings (Which has wings on back of head)

Description:
Pixiemen were born as a mixed breed, and were taught to fight since young. Even if they can't fly, they will try their hardest to not let their biome down!

Stats:
Health - 500 (Normal), 650 (Wings)
Damage - 64 (Normal), 56 (Wings)

Drops:
Pixie Mask (0.28 - 3.33%)
Pixie Suit (0.28 - 3.33%)
Pixie Pants (0.28 - 3.33%)

Starts Spawning: Wave 1

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Bitspitter:

New Piskel-2.png

Just like Pixiemen, they can melee you. However, they will mostly throw Pixie Shards at you while levitating.

Description:
Specialized in Pixie Magic, they now know how to levitate aswell as making other things fly.

Stats:
Health - 700
Damage - 70 (Melee), 64 (Shards)

Drops:
Pixie Shard (100%) (1-5)

Starts Spawning: Wave 2

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Rainbow Blade:

New Piskel-3 copy.png

A cursed sword which was once holy. Maybe you can restore it to its former glory.

Description:
The story is simple: It fought a battle with other swords and lost, and then was cursed itself. It will try charging into the player and will occasionally spin fast and let out a rainbow wave in all directions.

Stats:
Health - 850
Damage - 74 (melee), 72 (rainbow)

Drops:
The Rainbow's Blade (.49%)

Rainbow Blade (Weapon).png

Starts Spawning: Wave 3

Thanks to @Aedan Gamble for the idea of the drop (The Rainbow’s Blade) :)

Bosses:

Hollow Tree:

New Piskel-10.gif

A type of tree which was once happy, until the Lumberjacks came. Now they lurk with fear and will not let what once happened to them happen again.

Description:
These types of trees lost their arms to a group of lumberjacks. Lucky for them, their arms were so heavy alone, they couldn't take the tree itself, and said they would come back to get the rest. The Hollow Trees got away and swore to never let it happen again no matter what.

Health - 11000
Damage - 115 (melee), 135-190 (acid)

Drops:
Acid Hook
Strange Pendant
Staff of Acidicy
Hollow Tree Trophy

Starts Spawning: Wave 4

Bonus:

Rainbow Slime:

New Piskel-14.gif

After the event is completed, there is a chance some Rainbow Slimes will spawn!
They look similar to the bigger version, but are exclusive to this event.
They have the same AI as slimes, but drop 5-10 Rainbow Gel upon death, which can be used as stronger ammo for the Flamethrower, as well as turning the flames to a rainbow color.
It can also be used in crafting Color Torches, which are just torches, but emit a rainbow light.

Thanks to @Yello_Xplorer for the idea! :D

This is WIP, so I hope you have enjoyed this so far! I'll be editing this weekly so stay tuned!

Attachments

• New Piskel-2 copy.png
    New Piskel-2 copy.png
    453 bytes · Views: 124
Last edited:
Hmm... I think some sort of hallowed worm miniboss spawning around wave 8+ might be good. I have no ideas for a name or sprite..

Rainbow Wizard: Caster AI (Teleporting mage)
Shoots rainbow spheres, a destructible projectile dealing 60 damage
Hp: 640
Starts spawning: Wave 4
Rarity: Uncommon

Rainbow Gunner: Approaches the middle of the screen (horizontally) with fighter AI until it reaches the middle of the screen or is blocked off by something. Then proceeds to e forward or backwards and fire rainbow projectiles similar to that of the rainbow gun, dealing 45 damage.
Hp: 330
Wave: 5+
Rarity: Rare

Eh?

Ok I'll just be here.

Last edited:
"The Rainbow Moon is rising..."

Hello! This will be my first suggestion on these forums! Feedback would be GREATLY appreciated! So, without further ado, lets get to the suggestion!

The Rainbow Moon

Introduction:
Personally, I think the Hallow is very bland. It doesn't have any bosses, or anything special enough to make people want to go there as often as they do to other biomes, like the jungle.
Another thing I know some of us want is another moon event, because I don't think 2 cuts it, so why not combine the Hallow and a Moon event to make something that will make the Hallow shine?
Hence, The Rainbow Moon

Summoning:

View attachment 207377

In order to summon the Rainbow Moon, you will need a Rainbow Ticket.
It will be crafted using:

• 5 Ectoplasm
  • 15 Pixie Dust
  • 5 Soul of Might
Like the Pumpkin and Frost Moon, it can be only summoned at night, and will be easier than the Pumpkin Moon and have 10 waves (Because it is to prepare people for the Pumpkin Moon, just like the Pumpkin Moon prepares you for the Frost Moon.)

Now, let's head over to the angry mob of mobs who will fight you during this event!

Mobs:

Pixiemen:

View attachment 207378
Although they might be small, they will put up a good fight! They have the same kind of AI as the Scarecrow and Zombie Elf (except they cant hop). They also come in two variants, Normal and Wings (Which has wings on back of head)

Description:
Pixiemen were born as a mixed breed, and were taught to fight since young. Even if they can't fly, they will try their hardest to not let their biome down!

Stats:
Health - 500 (Normal), 650 (Wings)
Damage - 64 (Normal), 56 (Wings)

Drops:
Pixie Mask (0.28 - 3.33%)
Pixie Suit (0.28 - 3.33%)
Pixie Pants (0.28 - 3.33%)

Starts Spawning: Wave 1

Bitspitter:

View attachment 207382
Just like Pixiemen, they can melee you. However, they will mostly throw Pixie Shards at you while levitating.

Description:
Specialized in Pixie Magic, they now know how to levitate aswell as making other things fly.

Stats:
Health - 700
Damage - 70

Drops:
Pixie Shard (100%) (1-5)

Starts Spawning: Wave 2

Rainbow Blade:

View attachment 207403
A cursed sword which was once holy. Maybe you can restore it to its former glory.

Description:
No-one knows who made this ancient, yet powerful blade, but people do know how it got cursed. It lost a battle to swords which were cursed, and then was cursed itself.

Stats:
Health: 850
Damage: 74

Drops:
None

Starts Spawning: Wave 3

This is WIP, so I hope you have enjoyed this so far! I'll be editing this weekly so stay tuned!

I think the Rainbow Sword needs a small chance to drop a rainbow blade, mostly because it says, “maybe you can restore it to it’s former glory.”

So I have a few things to say about this. Another moon event isn't very interesting and it is done right before the pumpkin moon. I find the moon events rather boring and I often skip them. What you want this suggestion to do is make people go to the Hollow more but it doesn't do that. You just kinda go to the surface of the Hollow, fight the event and then never go to the Hollow again. It wouldn't be worth grinding because the weapons would be immediately out tiered by pumpkin/frost moon and duke fishron weapons. The proper way to make people want to keep coming back to a biome is by making it useful throughout progression such as the Jungle having useful items mid prehardmode and then having useful items almost all throughout hardmode.

So I have a few things to say about this. Another moon event isn't very interesting and it is done right before the pumpkin moon. I find the moon events rather boring and I often skip them. What you want this suggestion to do is make people go to the Hollow more but it doesn't do that. You just kinda go to the surface of the Hollow, fight the event and then never go to the Hollow again. It wouldn't be worth grinding because the weapons would be immediately out tiered by pumpkin/frost moon and duke fishron weapons. The proper way to make people want to keep coming back to a biome is by making it useful throughout progression such as the Jungle having useful items mid prehardmode and then having useful items almost all throughout hardmode.

Thank you for the feedback!
I would also like to mention, the rainbow blade I’ll be adding will be a rare drop (0.48%) but will do more damage than some of the pumpkin moon weapons as to keep people wanting to play the moon more often. But I agree with your suggestion in some ways, it doesn’t have that many reasons to keep people coming back. Just a little optional Event to get players geared for the pumpkin moon!

It has potential I would like to see where this goes. I always thought the hollow was pretty bland too.

so far, despite having almost nothing, it looks pretty good, i'd like to see where this goes.
I enjoyed your idea, and I decided on something similar (I think)
Basically a huge flying gastropod which can go into its shell to take less damage and has 2 phases
It will spawn around wave 7-8 and will pass through walls (so technically can burrow into ground)

My suggestions:
1) As we already have 2 moderately tough Moon events, how about making this triggerable and randomly triggered, as to make the event interesting.
2) What if all the enemies drop Hallowed Seeds and the Pixiemen and Bitspitters drop Pixie Dust too?
3) If it's raining, the event could spawn some Rainbow Slimes too.
4) You could implement some features from the Hallowed enemies too.

Keep the good work up, and you don't need to take these advices since I'm not really good at planning anyway :dryadgrin:

My suggestions:
1) As we already have 2 moderately tough Moon events, how about making this triggerable and randomly triggered, as to make the event interesting.
2) What if all the enemies drop Hallowed Seeds and the Pixiemen and Bitspitters drop Pixie Dust too?
3) If it's raining, the event could spawn some Rainbow Slimes too.
4) You could implement some features from the Hallowed enemies too.

Keep the good work up, and you don't need to take these advices since I'm not really good at planning anyway :dryadgrin:

I am sorry I was not responding, I was sick and I slept in. The idea of yours I like a lot is rainbow slimes, in fact, I’ll make those spawn too because I love the idea

Back
Top Bottom