What do you think?

• It's a great idea! Support!

Votes: 28 100.0%
  • I don't like it.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Yuyutsu

Dungeon Spirit
Hello all! It's Phoenixblade here, and I'm back with another Mini-biome suggestion. I present to you:
Reach Banner.png

Skull.png

Introduction
The Reach is a Mini-Biome that generates Post-EoC. Two are found in a Small World, 3 in a Medium one, and 4-5 in a Large World. It aims to fill the Purity Biome as it is usually the largest and most desolate in a world. It also aims to add a new throwing armor set that can be used to fight the next boss (Eater of Worlds/Brain of Chthulu).

Overview
Map.png
The Reach is a pretty small biome, encompassing around 50-80 tiles in length. On the Surface, around two to three campfires would be present. What actually signals for enemies to be spawned is the presence of 10-15 Severed Skulls or Crude Cudgels. On one of the two sides of The Reach, a deep pit of stone traps the player, forcing them to scale it. There will also be an entrance to the below-ground section of the reach, comprised of Dart Traps, Spikes, torches, and an occasional chest.
In addition, Reaches will almost always spawn on top of an existing Enchanted Sword Shrine, allowing that to be found as well.

Now, onto The Reach's content!
Blocks/Decoration
Skull Stick.png
Severed Skull- Found on Grass, Dirt, and Stone. Signals the location and spawning of the Reach and its mobs. Breaks when mined or hammered.
Spear Stick.png
Crude Cudgel- Found on Grass, Dirt, and Stone. Signals the location and spawning of the Reach and its mobs. Breaks when mined or hammered.

Enemies
Forsworn.png

Reach Swordsman
130 HP
31 Damage
11 Defense
KB Resist 60%
AI- Rushes at the player quickly, and, upon getting within 3 tiles of the player, slashes its sword at the player. Slashes occasionally inflict the Withering Leaf Debuff for two seconds.
Drops:
leaf.png
3-5 Enchanted Leaf- 50%
Ancient Bark.png
1-2 Ancient Bark- 100%
Slasher.png
Sanctified Stabber- 5%

Forsworn Archer.png

Reach Archer
150 HP
24 Damage
14 Defense
KB Resist 65%
AI- Goblin Archer. Arrows rarely inflict the Withering Leaf Debuff for two seconds.
Drops:
leaf.png
3-5 Enchanted Leaf- 50%
Ancient Bark.png
1-2 Ancient Bark- 100%
Necklace.png
Skull Charm- 5%

Forsworn Spearer.png

Reachmage
200 HP
32 Damage
7 Defense
KB Resist 100%
AI- Walks toward the player slowly, and occasionally fires a cluster of leaves at the player.
Drops:
leaf.png
3-5 Enchanted Leaf- 50%
Ancient Bark.png
1-2 Ancient Bark- 100%
Minion.png
Gaeaskull Staff- 5%

Druid.png

Elder Druid
400 HP
42 Damage
15 Defense
KB Resist 100%
AI- Spawns rarely at night. Walks slowly toward the player. Every two seconds, a green flame appears around him. When three flames spawn, he releases one every second. The flames home in on the player, exploding when getting close to the player. He then repeats a cycle when all the flames explode.
Drops:
leaf.png
3-5 Enchanted Leaf- 100%
Potion.png
2 Essence of Gaea- 100%

Grove El.png

Grove Elemental
100 HP
32 Damage
7 Defense
KB Resist 30%
AI- Can fly through walls. Rushes toward the player, attempting to latch onto your position.
Drops:
Ancient Bark.png
1 Ancient Bark- 100%
leaf.png
2 Enchanted Leaf- 100%

Materials

leaf.png
Enchanted Leaf- Dropped by enemies in the Reach. Crafts into Huskstalk gear at an anvil along with Ancient Bark.

Ancient Bark.png
Ancient Bark- Dropped by enemies in the Reach. Crafts into Huskstalk gear at an anvil along with Ancient Bark.

Weapons

Enemy drops:

Slasher.png

Sanctified Stabber
13 Damage
Insanely Fast Speed
Crit Chance 4%
Very little knockback
Works like a shortsword. Attacks inflict the Withering Leaf debuff.

Minion.png
Minion s.png

Gaeaskull Staff
12 Damage
Average Speed
Crit Chance 4%
Very little knockback.
Summons a Gaea Skull to fight for you. Latches onto enemies, dealing constant damage

Huskstalk Gear:

Crafted with Ancient Bark and Enchanted Leaves at an anvil.

Forsworn Sword.png

Huskstalk Sword
17 Damage
Average Speed
Crit Chance 4%
Average Knockback
Autoswing.
leaf.png
and 8
Ancient Bark.png

Forsworn Bow.png

Huskstalk Bow
15 Damage
Average Speed
Crit Chance 4%
Average Knockback
Not autofire. However, the bow shoots out two low velocity arrows.
leaf.png
and 6
Ancient Bark.png

Forsworn Spear.png

Huskstalk Spear
18 Damage
Slow Speed
Crit Chance 4%
High Knockback
leaf.png
and 8
Ancient Bark.png

Forsworn Staff.png

Huskstalk Staff
16 Damage
Fast Speed
Crit Chance 4%
Uses 5 Mana
No Knockback
Charges up a volley of three leaves, then fires them at your cursor's position.
leaf.png
and 4
Ancient Bark.png

Forsworn Knife.png

Huskstalk Knife
14 Damage
Average Speed
Crit Chance 6%
Very Low Knockback
Pierces through 3 enemies.
leaf.png
and 2
Ancient Bark.png
craft 100.

Armor

Leaf Armor.png

Huskstalk Armor! A new Throwing Armor, allowing throwers to stand a chance against EoW or BoC before getting Fossil Armor, provided they have the weapons.

Huskstalk Cowl
4 Defense
5% Increased Throwing damage
2% Increased Throwing Crit Chance

Huskstalk Mail
4 Defense
2% Increased Throwing Damage
3% Increases Throwing Crit Chance
10% Chance not to consume weapons.

Huskstalk Leggings
3 Defense
8% Increased Movement Speed
5% Chance not to consume weapons

Set Bonus: Throwing weapons have a 1/10 chance to split into two in midair, each dealing 3/4 the original weapon's damage.

Accessories

Grass Shield.png
Needle Shield- When worn, enemies get pricked for 13 Base Damage. Pricks have a 1/2 chance to inflict the Withering Leaf Debuff.

Necklace.png
Skull Charm- Adds 1 Defense. Ranged and throwing attacks have a 10% chance to deal two ticks of damage to enemies. The second tick does 1/2 the original tick's damage

Potions

Potion.png
Gaea Essence- Attacks have a 25% chance to inflict Withering Leaf for 2 seconds. Drops from Elder Druids.

Buffs/Debuffs
Debuff.png
Withering Leaf- Reduces enemy Defense by 2. Every 2 seconds, the target takes 4 ticks of 1 damage. Afflicted targets glow a dark green.

With that, I end off the suggestion for The Reach. I plan on making a series of Mini-Biomes to spruce up Terraria where it is seems lacking/empty. All sprites were made by me. What did you think? Do you have any comments, suggestions, or tips? Let me know!

If you support The Reach and this suggestion, put this BBCode in your signature!
Code:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/U7ISGvj.png[/img]
As always, thanks for reading, and have a nice day :)

Last edited:
So Im doing a event suggestion and I don't really know what to do like how many items it should have or NPC's so is it ok if you can give me some help PhoenixBlade?

So Im doing a event suggestion and I don't really know what to do like how many items it should have or NPC's so is it ok if you can give me some help PhoenixBlade?
Sure! Why don't you PM me so I can help you out?

this looks awesome. the only things i would change is making the debuff apply more often(from the player to the enemy, not vice versa) to make it a bit more useful, and possibly make a flask for it. also, it's a bit weird that the sanctified slasher is a shortsword(which don't slash). other than that, i love it! maybe you could add this to the spirit mod.

this looks awesome. the only things i would change is making the debuff apply more often(from the player to the enemy, not vice versa) to make it a bit more useful, and possibly make a flask for it. also, it's a bit weird that the sanctified slasher is a shortsword(which don't slash). other than that, i love it! maybe you could add this to the spirit mod.
Thanks for the feedback! I changed the names a bit, as well as your chance to inflict Withering Leaf.

Back
Top Bottom