Biomes & Nature The Red Sun: New Event Idea.

BlueBeoWulf

The Destroyer
I just threw this together pretty quick, so if you see any mistakes, just let me know. this is a WIP, I'll add hardmode enemies and possibly a boss later,
It triggers with a 50% chance the day after you beat any boss. Example: Someone beats EOC, but it doesn't spawn. However, when they fight Skeletron, the day following is a "Red sun"

The Red Sun is Rising

Upon the spawn of the Red Sun event, the player's damage dealt is reduced to 75% of what it was before, so basically, if your weapon does 100 damage, it does 75 during the event, stuff like that.
The Red sun has a dark red tinge, and everything in the world has a slight red glow- as if someone just put down a red torch, but everywhere.

Enemies, Pre-Hardmode.
Lost Spaceman: He walks slowly, and stands still when within ten blocks of the player. He will then raise his right hand and lasers will shoot out. Lost spaceman.png
Damage: 16(contact) 10 (Laser)
Max life: 60
Defense: 8
KB resist: 50%
Drops:
Space Helmet.png Space Helmet (Vanity Item) 10%
Space Glove.png Space Glove 5%
damage: 35
Knockback: 8
Critical chance: 9%
USe time: 25
Velocity: 18
Automatic flail, shoots a fist exactly like a KO cannon

Petrified Zombie: Acts like a normal zombie.Petrified Zombie.png
Damage: 14
Max life: 50
Defense: 10
KB resist: 90%
Drops:
Shackle.png
Shackle: 2%
Zombie_Arm.png
Zombie arm: .4%
Red Star: A flying enemy, it flies erratically around the player like a bat, but much faster and spins around like a deadly sphere.Red Star.png
Damage: 20
Defense: 3
Max Life: 25
KB resist: 4%
Fallen_Star.png
Fallen star (5-10) 100%
George: A stronger, mini-boss sort of version of a zombie.George.png Same spawn rate as the pirate captain.
Damage: 25
Max life: 55
Defense: 7
KB resist: 50%
Shackle.png
Shackle: 2%
Zombie_Arm.png
Zombie arm: .4%
George%27s_Hat.png
George's Hat 5% (Drops whole set)
George%27s_Suit.png
George's Suit 5% (Drops whole set)
George%27s_Pants.png
George's Hat 5% (Drops whole set)

Hopping Tombstone: Basically a Red Sun mimic. When a player gets close, it starts hopping at them.
Tombstone.png

Damage: 15
Max Life: 25
Defense: 5
KB resist: 10%
Drops:
Tombstone Helmet.png Tombstone Helmet 5%
5 defense, mostly a Vanity item.

Chorophyte Monster: Behaves like a zombie, but a bit faster moving. Occasionally, he stands still and shoots 5-7 chlorophyte crystals. Basically a Zombie creature with Chlorophyte shards sticking out of it.
Damage: 50 (contact) 30 (Chlorophyte shard barrage)
Max life: 70
Defense: 20
KB resist: 25%
Drops:
Chlorophyte_Ore.png
Chlorophyte Ore (1-5) 50% chance
Chlorophyte_Bullet.png
Chlorophyte Bullet (8-15) 40% chance
Chlorophyte_Arrow.png
Chlorophyte Arrow (1-10) 30% chance

Chlorophyte Golem: Basically an Ice Golem, but not quite as strong. Coloring similar to Chlorophyte.
Damage: 50
Max life: 3500
Defense: 30
KB resist: 95%
Drops:
Chlorophyte_Bar.png
Chlorophyte Bar (1-5) 50% chance

Chlorophyte Slime
Damage: 50
Max life: 300
Defense: 23
KB resist: 20%
Drops:
Chlorophyte_Bar.png
Chlorophyte Bar (1-4) 60% chance

Power Ghost: Basically, it acts like a Dungeon spirit, but more powerful. It looks like a larger soul of Sight, Might, Blight, Fright, Blight, Night, Flight or Light depending on what boss you kill the night before. For example, if you kill the Skeletron Prime, it would be a soul of Fright. It would look like sight for the twins and might for the destroyer. Blight for Ocram and Night for Wall of Flesh. Light for Plantera, Fright for Golem, Blight for Fishron, and all for Moon Lord.

Last edited:
I see a few problems to think about while you work on this.

Since you didn't clarify, I'm assuming that this event is completely random chance. Blood moons don't start happening until after you've acquired one heart crystal and goblin invasions until you smash a shadow orb/crimson heart. What I'm getting at is that every event has some sort of trigger to it so that the player is hopefully already prepared for it when it happens. Also, for a random event the damage penalty seems harsh. This could happen at literally any time so long as another event isn't happening, so you could suddenly get a damage reduction during a boss fight. Debuffs that last for the entirety of a day shouldn't exist.

I don't have any complaints about the drops except for the hopping tombstone. The dual hook should stay exclusive to mimics as it always has been. I don't much care for the tombstone helmet but I'm not sure why it pairs with shadow armor. It doesn't make any sense.

Thematically I don't think the enemies fit daytime either.

I see a few problems to think about while you work on this.

Since you didn't clarify, I'm assuming that this event is completely random chance. Blood moons don't start happening until after you've acquired one heart crystal and goblin invasions until you smash a shadow orb/crimson heart. What I'm getting at is that every event has some sort of trigger to it so that the player is hopefully already prepared for it when it happens. Also, for a random event the damage penalty seems harsh. This could happen at literally any time so long as another event isn't happening, so you could suddenly get a damage reduction during a boss fight. Debuffs that last for the entirety of a day shouldn't exist.

I don't have any complaints about the drops except for the hopping tombstone. The dual hook should stay exclusive to mimics as it always has been. I don't much care for the tombstone helmet but I'm not sure why it pairs with shadow armor. It doesn't make any sense.

Thematically I don't think the enemies fit daytime either.
Concerning the "trigger"
Remember, this is a work in progress, so I'm thinking of one. I'm thinking maybe after Skeletron or maybe after EOC?

The Hopping Tombstone, I can edit that. If you have any suggestions for any other drops, feel free to leave them here, or even if you want, design one yourself and PM me with it.

With the "Enemies don't fit daytime" I was thinking, "Well, the whole 'Moon event' thing is really overused." I guess I could see that with the zombies and probably the tombstone (I don't really see why the tombstone would be a problem, though.) The Red Star, however, I was thinking that, you know, the sun's a star? And then the spaceman, well, that really isn't affected by the whole day/night thing, is it? Maybe I could change it to something like "The Midnight Sun" Or something like that, and it's a night event?

To me the event basically seems like a bloodmoon during the day. Enemies are up to you to create obviously, this is your idea after all. Just my opinion on it, I'm not sure what I would have done instead.

To me the event basically seems like a bloodmoon during the day. Enemies are up to you to create obviously, this is your idea after all. Just my opinion on it, I'm not sure what I would have done instead.
Okay. I was thinking pretty much, yeah, it's pretty much a bloodmoon/solar flare combination.

The chlorophyte enemies should only start coming after Planera has been defeated. Otherwise you're able to get chlorophyte as soon as you reach hard mode. Also the drop amounts seem a good bit too high, otherwise this would be an insane way to farm chlorophyte. Just kill EoC repeatedly and farm off of the chlorophyte enemies. If you're going to have enemies drop chlorophyte, it should probably be more, not bars.

I like the idea though, just not fond of the whole chlorophyte thing.

The chlorophyte enemies should only start coming after Planera has been defeated. Otherwise you're able to get chlorophyte as soon as you reach hard mode. Also the drop amounts seem a good bit too high, otherwise this would be an insane way to farm chlorophyte. Just kill EoC repeatedly and farm off of the chlorophyte enemies. If you're going to have enemies drop chlorophyte, it should probably be more, not bars.

I like the idea though, just not fond of the whole chlorophyte thing.
Thanks. I'll make is so that they have a lower drop chance and make it ore. And I'll make it post-plantera, too. I didn't think about that.

Back
Top Bottom