Sprites The River (Alternate Underworld)

After watching dozens of BoI: Rebirth/Afterbirth playthroughs from both TearofGrace and Pedguin, I can guess that Guppy is a reference to said game.

damn it. there goes all hopes (and wishes) of mine to even try creating a new underworld, lol.

Simply put, this is amazing. I enjoy that this contrasts the overall, fiery-hell theme, and gives it a more spectral-host theme. the artwork looks great, and you chose a very nice and contrasting colour pallet. well done.

Full Support!

(might I add: the Ferryman is baddass)

If this had a banner I would add it to my signature, Its that epic.
It technically does, the thread just hasn't been updated with it:

prHj3A8.gif

Code:
[URL='http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/the-river-alternate-underworld.13871/'][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/prHj3A8.gif[/IMG][/URL]

Last edited:
This is a really good alternative to the Underworld! I don't see anything that you might have missed, and everything looks so awesome. Good luck with it!

this is an amazing idea. however, i must point out (hoping that no one else has yet) that molten armor is the only prehardmode melee set. replacing that with another mage set makes it difficult to use melee late prehardmode/early hardmode.
otherwise, though, i love it :D

this is an amazing idea. however, i must point out (hoping that no one else has yet) that molten armor is the only prehardmode melee set. replacing that with another mage set makes it difficult to use melee late prehardmode/early hardmode.
I must say, Molten armor sucks. It just doesn't cut it, as it doesn't have any buffs like quick regen.

And here I was thinking the melee buffs from Shadow Armor made it a melee set. Guess I was wrong...oh wait.

Shadow armor is an armor set that consists of the Shadow Helmet, Shadow Scalemail, and Shadow Greaves. The individual pieces provide a total of 19 defense, equal to its Crimson counterpart, Crimson armor. Wearing a full set additionally grants a set bonus of +15% movement speed. Each individual piece also grants a +7% boost to melee attack speed.
-http://terraria.wiki.gg/Shadow_armor

Shadow armor is an armor set that consists of the Shadow Helmet, Shadow Scalemail, and Shadow Greaves. The individual pieces provide a total of 19 defense, equal to its Crimson counterpart, Crimson armor. Wearing a full set additionally grants a set bonus of +15% movement speed. Each individual piece also grants a +7% boost to melee attack speed.
-http://terraria.wiki.gg/Shadow_armor
I see that, but would you really call that on the same tier as molten/necro/jungle armor? i kinda figured that shadowscale stuff was better than ore armor, but worse than the molten/necro/jungle. but hey, i might be wrong.

I, for one, have only ever gotten molten armour to display it. Yes it has better defence, (and probably other stats too), but I prefer the 'dark biome' armours. Shadow armour gives you great speed, and crimson gives you great regen. The only thing that I use hellstone for is, molten pick, fiery great sword, and the drill containment unit. But others might use it, Im just stating my opinion.

I, for one, have only ever gotten molten armour to display it. Yes it has better defence, (and probably other stats too), but I prefer the 'dark biome' armours. Shadow armour gives you great speed, and crimson gives you great regen. The only thing that I use hellstone for is, molten pick, fiery great sword, and the drill containment unit. But others might use it, Im just stating my opinion.
i don't usually use it either, simply because it's a pain in the :red: to get. so yes, i definitely see why you don't usually get it :)

I see that, but would you really call that on the same tier as molten/necro/jungle armor? i kinda figured that shadowscale stuff was better than ore armor, but worse than the molten/necro/jungle. but hey, i might be wrong.
Actually Necro and Jungle/Ancient Cobolt are pretty on par with that of Shadow and Crimson, with Molten being above that.

I'd love to have this in the game. Hell gets kinda boring sometimes, and plus it's all orange (eeeeeeeew). In contrast I love the idea of building a citadel atop the river.

It has been pointed out.

I disagree with your argument, it wouldn't be the first time a biome alt put another class at a disadvantage so this doing it wouldn't be wrong.

It has been pointed out.

I disagree with your argument, it wouldn't be the first time a biome alt put another class at a disadvantage so this doing it wouldn't be wrong.

Continuing that line of thought, a Crimson world renders mages unable to acquire Bands of Starpower or anything derived therefrom. Mana Flowers are great and all, but when they're your only mana accessory it's kinda boring.

Back
Top Bottom