Sprites The River (Alternate Underworld)

this is an amazing suggestion that i would love to see added. perhaps as a reference to Greek Mythology, wading in aether gives you a buff called Achelle's heel, which increases your defense but kills you if hit from behind

Looks like a lot of work went into this project, and with the addition of tying in well with mythology, and giving another possibility for the underworld. Would make the game more fun, and less repetitive. Redegit, all the work is here. Just add it.

This.. I just want it!It's amazing!
NN2WAwp.png

Eh ben Congratulations ! I'm sure
NvGTRAN.png
will please lots of people waiting for some kind of alternate Underworld.

You have my support...

... and my :joy:

The idea is amazing! The only problem is the Aether and the 4th liquid problem with Terraria...

Hopefully Re-Logic didn't add the 4th one yet, because this would be good for it.

Oh my god. That is amazing! FULL SUPPORT!
Oh, and the Ferryman looks so good, he is my new Steam Profile Pic :D

Last edited:
If there was any one thing you could replace the volcanic / magma nature of the underworld with, it would be this. You've replaced Hell with a different Hell... the stereotypical fires and suffering with that of the rivers of mythology. That alone could be enough to float this suggestion and warrant a tide of support. (Puns intended :).)

I personally enjoy the excitement of exploring a new area. I love this idea and I would like to navigate this alternate Underworld for real! I especially like your banners and paintings!

Some points to further your suggestions:
  • Demon Torches cycle blue-purple-red. How about the same for Spirit Torches? Probably lime-cyan-blue? I can also see it being brighter than normal Torches, but not as bright as a White Torch.
  • There is already a Crow enemy and a Wisp minion (but you probably already knew this). How about a different name such as Lost Soul minion? (Buff tooltip: "A lost soul is protecting you.") Sort of implied that the soul knows who you are, or that it's hoping you'll take it back to the Underworld to finish its journey into the afterlife. Not sure about the crow though - we already have Crow, Raven and Vulture... are there any other 'deathly' birds?
  • How does the Nethicite spawn? Hellstone is in small clumps of ash, but the ash is fairly pervasive in the underworld. You've indicated "small "islands" of Dust" -- does that mean Nethicite will also be less in number? Is it found in the riverbed beneath the aether? If so, how can the player get there unaided? Hellstone is quite accessible without any aides by being careful and using Obsidian Towers.
  • The Magma Stone can be dropped by any Underworld enemy - perhaps the Soul Stone should also be drop-pable by any Underworld enemy as well? Edit: Please ignore this dot point. Milt69466 has pointed out that this is incorrect.
  • The Magma Stone gives a slight lighting effect to all attacks, etc. by the player. I'd like to see something similar for the Soul Stone. At its simplest, it could be replacing the red ember effect with a blue one. Similarly for players / NPCs with Mortality - I'd like to see a similar blue lighting effect - pieces of their soul dropping off and falling into the Underworld...
  • You could make "Guppy" a wordplay on "Puppy"? "I used to have a dog. ..." There's already a Catfish, so that would provide some variety.
  • The WoF tries to align itself, I think so that the mouth above ash. Is there any such alignment for the Ferryman? E.g. it tries to float on the aether? What happens if you end up beind the Ferryman?
  • How does the Returned Guide move? Does it run/fly straight along a horizontal or linear plane?
  • I don't think there are any other weapons with instant-kill properties, so maybe something different for the Deathe Penalty? (For some reason, I keep thinking it's called the Russian Roulette...) It could instead have a higher chance to inflict a critical hit or it could bypass defence.
  • Perhaps a way to combine Soul Waders and Lava Waders?
There have been some suggestions on the Aether inflicting / healing damage. Honey is a good comparision: if you are submerged in it, you heal damage. But if you're fully submerged, you can drown. The Aether could improve defence while partially submerged (with a 30s lasting after-effect), but inflict damage if fully submerged. Other possible effects could include removing (positive) buffs (from the player) or renewing debuffs (resetting the debuff timer).

Hopefully some of this has helped you. I for one, would love to see this introduced and look forward to perhaps one day exploring it!

(Wow... I spent so long writing this that I was logged out..)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom