Sprites The River (Alternate Underworld)

- Living Fire Block sprite for the Living Spirit Fire Block is broken
- Blue Rarity images for the potions are broken
- Spirit Bolt ingredient is broken, no idea what it would be though (the Handgun doesn't really fit)
- Furnace sprite is broken for the recipe of Planctae Skull
- Water Walking Boots and Lucky Horseshoe sprites are broken for Planctae Skull recipes
- Orange Rarity for Quest Fish are broken
- Ferryman drops are broken: Pwnhammer, Warrior Emblem, Sorcerer Emblem

- Living Fire Block sprite for the Living Spirit Fire Block is broken
- Blue Rarity images for the potions are broken
- Spirit Bolt ingredient is broken, no idea what it would be though (the Handgun doesn't really fit)
- Furnace sprite is broken for the recipe of Planctae Skull
- Water Walking Boots and Lucky Horseshoe sprites are broken for Planctae Skull recipes
- Orange Rarity for Quest Fish are broken
- Ferryman drops are broken: Pwnhammer, Warrior Emblem, Sorcerer Emblem
tnx for destroying my notifications

Believe it or not, "WrathOfThanatos" is one of my Usernames. Yes, THE Thanatos, likely the "Reaper" that you see there. Thanatos' brother Hypnos is the other ferryman.

Idc how it has to happen, idc if it's in a mod, or what, but this would bring me happiness every single time I saw it. This needs to exist.

I love this. An alternate Hell would add a lot of variety, just like the Crimson did. And this is the perfect substitute: it is still a realm of death and is still opposite a fiery hellscape. Of all the cool Biomes on this forum, this is the one I want the most. Or one much like it.

I love this but my only concern (along with all your other suggestions) is that since you changed the class the biome's armor is it would mean the rest of your alternates would HAVE to spawn for this one to which would get rid of a lot of the variety

I love this but my only concern (along with all your other suggestions) is that since you changed the class the biome's armor is it would mean the rest of your alternates would HAVE to spawn for this one to which would get rid of a lot of the variety
I'm sorry, I don't follow the logic in your statement.

The game isn't balanced around classes. Classes relate to damage type, and all the damage types are currently susceptible to varying degrees of inclusion and strength. Example: Take the "Throwing" class, "Summoner" class, and "Melee" class -- compare armor and weapons vs availability. Classes are only there to fuel options. When you get to the Underworld, you are given the option to upgrade to a new Melee-centric armor. There is nothing in the game that says you have to play Melee-only or that you have to get Molten Armor to progress.

In fact, if you choose to play a Magic-only character, the Underworld becomes limiting by the lack of a Magic option.

The addition of this alternate (and any others) only fuels options and variety. And if you happen to roll many Magic biomes on world-gen, you still don't have to play a Magic class if you really don't want to. But if you do so, your experience of the game is changed and you won't be stuck in the same pattern of current Terraria play.

Your limitations of play in Terraria are based on the limitations you place on yourself. Alternates contribute to variety. Biome armors don't have to be class-centric.

I'm sorry, I don't follow the logic in your statement.

The game isn't balanced around classes. Classes relate to damage type, and all the damage types are currently susceptible to varying degrees of inclusion and strength. Example: Take the "Throwing" class, "Summoner" class, and "Melee" class -- compare armor and weapons vs availability. Classes are only there to fuel options. When you get to the Underworld, you are given the option to upgrade to a new Melee-centric armor. There is nothing in the game that says you have to play Melee-only or that you have to get Molten Armor to progress.

In fact, if you choose to play a Magic-only character, the Underworld becomes limiting by the lack of a Magic option.

The addition of this alternate (and any others) only fuels options and variety. And if you happen to roll many Magic biomes on world-gen, you still don't have to play a Magic class if you really don't want to. But if you do so, your experience of the game is changed and you won't be stuck in the same pattern of current Terraria play.

Your limitations of play in Terraria are based on the limitations you place on yourself. Alternates contribute to variety. Biome armors don't have to be class-centric.

My point was that if you get certain alternates with some of these, then there's not an armor for one or more classes available. Each of the biome armors is designed to give each class a decent option for the end of pre hardmode (except throwing and summoner, but that's a balance issue and not an issue in terms of the option isn't there at all), but if you get river, jungle, infestation, and desert then you have two options for magic and two options for summoner, but if you prefer to use melee weapons there's no armor set to do that, so you're forced to use either weapons that you can't use as well or armor that makes your weapons do worse relative to other classes. That's all I was trying to point out, that with some combinations you wouldn't have a set for some classes, forcing people to use another one, that they don't want to use.

Alternatively, I feel that a lot of these armor sets should adopt the Three Helmet Rule.

The Molten Set should get 2 more Helmets, the Armor and Boots should be changed to be more universal and all the extra stats dumped on the Helmet like all the Hardmode Armors are.

I feel they could have done the same for Jungle and Necro too, because it even fits thematically. If you wear Melee Jungle Armor, then you're kinda like a jungle cat. If you wear ranged Jungle Armor, you're more like a hunter, for example.

Now, the same could be done in these alternate biomes too. That way, nobody has to feel left out and everybody can grab the armor of their choice (or perhaps multiples to try other playstyles out).

Because, indeed, Terraria is about playing YOUR way, you choose how to play. Biomes shouldn't make this choice for you.

Wow this is awesome.

There should be some kind of creature, mini-boss, or perhaps achievement called "Aether Bunny" to go along with your Aether theme =)

My point was that if you get certain alternates with some of these, then there's not an armor for one or more classes available. Each of the biome armors is designed to give each class a decent option for the end of pre hardmode (except throwing and summoner, but that's a balance issue and not an issue in terms of the option isn't there at all), but if you get river, jungle, infestation, and desert then you have two options for magic and two options for summoner, but if you prefer to use melee weapons there's no armor set to do that, so you're forced to use either weapons that you can't use as well or armor that makes your weapons do worse relative to other classes. That's all I was trying to point out, that with some combinations you wouldn't have a set for some classes, forcing people to use another one, that they don't want to use.
But melee and ranged still have options not limited to armor sets. Your playthrough wouldn't be so hindered that it'd be an issue and nothing forces you to play with any of the biome related armors anyways.

EDIT: This is basically a non-issue. The "issue" only affects players that place limitations on themselves that the game doesn't do so itself.

Last edited:
Awesome!

I really hope a developer adds this. Most alternatives aren't too great, but this is AWESOME! It would totally fit into the game, but the boss could use some improvement.

i would like this, but it’s too dark for terraria. i mean, the anglers cat dead? that’s just too dark for a kids game, or a game of any sort!
You say that, but a wall made of literal flesh, everything exploding into fairly graphic chunks of gore, and about a half dozen other violent/disgusting things aren't too much? Dead pets are fairly low on the list of reasons why this game can be pretty dark.

i would like this, but it’s too dark for terraria. i mean, the anglers cat dead? that’s just too dark for a kids game, or a game of any sort!
As if Killing the Guide or Clothier to summon a boss isn't dark... There are more adult themes in this game then you think.

Back
Top Bottom