Sprites The River (Alternate Underworld)

Alright, looks like we have a really nice thread here! A wonderful idea for an alternative underworld! It has a lot of really nice sprites and is pretty descriptive. :)
But, I know people are thinking it: Does aether replace all lava in the world? If so, that might be a bit strange, but I think people would be fine with it. And another point to bring up, the boss you showed us drops only melee weapons. I think mages and rangers would be a little upset by this. Anyhow, I really loved this idea! :D

Last edited:
Haha, this is just so amazing. The amount of detail and effort in this suggestion is truly astonishing. I mean, there was quite the wait, but in all honesty, it's so worth it. Of course, the spritework needs a bit of tweaking but, god, I love the Ferryman sprite. Isn't that Charon, its/his real name? Anyway, I have to say this is by far one of my favourite suggestions, there is just so much work in it and it really is a nicely done, complete, biome suggestion.

Originality has been taken into account, and I love the consistent format. Izzabelle, whatever you do, don't stop making suggestions, not only are the threads and pixel work gorgeous and nice to look at, but the content and conceptual aspects altogether are fantastic.

Gaaaaaaaah, I just want to give you a hundred approvals and grants of support for this. Very. Well. Done.

Haha, this is just so amazing. The amount of detail and effort in this suggestion is truly astonishing. I mean, there was quite the wait, but in all honesty, it's so worth it. Of course, the spritework needs a bit of tweaking but, god, I love the Ferryman sprite. Isn't that Charon, its/his real name? Anyway, I have to say this is by far one of my favourite suggestions, there is just so much work in it and it really is a nicely done, complete, biome suggestion.

Originality has been taken into account, and I love the consistent format. Izzabelle, whatever you do, don't stop making suggestions, not only are the threads and pixel work gorgeous and nice to look at, but the content and conceptual aspects altogether are fantastic.

Gaaaaaaaah, I just want to give you a hundred approvals and grants of support for this. Very. Well. Done.
I promise to get better at spriting. 99% of my entire spriting education you have already been witness to. It's just going to take some practice.

Also... if you like my work -- this suggestion contains a hint at the next biome suggestion I'm making.

kdcROYP.png

The River
an alternate underworld

kdcROYP.png

Introduction
divider.png
OK! It's here! It's finally here! I knew full biome suggestions were a lot of work, but boy did I underestimate it. I will probably stick to mini-biomes for a while after this. Please don't judge me too harshly on the sprite work. As per usual, I had to splice and alter a lot of existing sprites to get my results -- however -- a few of them were made from scratch.

The River is based on "Styx", the underworld river of Greek mythology. The current version of The Underworld is grounded in 1 conception of an underworld (Hell), so I thought I'd try my hand at another conception. The River is bleak and shares a uniform color theme. When The River spawns; ruined houses are smaller and spawn on small "islands" of Dust, though are more stocked than normal. There is more Aether in The River biome than there is Lava in The Underworld biome. Lastly, The River is darker than The Underworld, and Planctae Lamps are spawned on Dust at varying intervals.

if this is added ill change my name to The River Guardian
divider.png

Awesome suggestion. I'd like seeing it. And I didn't read the comments, but I'm assuming the Ghosts! painting is a reference to Pac-Man, and the Guppy fish is a reference to the Binding of Isaac.

I really enjoy this thread. It has excellent sprites and it excels in originality, as well of how it is superb in details.

This took some of my limited energy out of me to type.

Back
Top Bottom