Sprites The River (Alternate Underworld)

This is great, but the Ferryman sprite doesn't seem to.....fit the nature of the rest of Terraria. Also, should the water in the Styx make you invulnerable, instead of hurting you?!
If I remember correctly, it hurts you, and you're only invincible when you get out, and even then, only if one part of you doesn't touch the water I think.

If I remember correctly, it hurts you, and you're only invincible when you get out, and even then, only if one part of you doesn't touch the water I think.
Something like that, but if you are half submerged in it what happens?! Do I get a Cross Necklace effect or something??

This is a great idea! I absolutely love the color scheme and idea around it! I wish I knew what the music would sound like. You have my full support. (One thing though, would the boss have the same music as the WoF? Also, is it possible we could see some sprites for what the actually biome would look like all together? Would the houses look like the ruined underworld houses or would they have a different shape, breakable background sprites, the background for the actual biome etc.)

This is a great idea! I absolutely love the color scheme and idea around it! I wish I knew what the music would sound like. You have my full support. (One thing though, would the boss have the same music as the WoF? Also, is it possible we could see some sprites for what the actually biome would look like all together? Would the houses look like the ruined underworld houses or would they have a different shape, breakable background sprites, the background for the actual biome etc.)
I don't think any of the music would be the same

I like it, but the boss drops are all melee. Other classes would not benefit weapon wise entering hardmode.

The only complaints I have is that a lot of item sprites look like recolors, and that the Ferryman doesn´t drop any magic or ranged weapons.
What would happen if lava and Aether were to contact?
The Soulbind Arrows should have a different ability, such as, as the name would suggest, "binding" any mobs hit by the same arrow, which would cause them to take all the damage taken by any of them, making it very good when used with weapons that deal a lot of damage.

I like what I'm seeing. Putting a new twist on the Underworld to remind us that deep underground isn't always hellfire and magma. Seeing as the Crimson can replace Corruption, I see no reason why the Underworld can't be replaced by The River in some worlds, it would freshen Terraria even more.

It doesn't look like there is a replacement for Sunfury from what I've read in the weapons part unless the various other magic weapons act as a sort of replacement for it, seeing as it is more magic focused with the Armor of the while the Underworld is more Melee focused with the armor you get on it.

Really like how the new boss isn't a clone of the Wall of Flesh. It looks like it fits well with the other bosses in Terraria already. It fits well with the theme of this biome.

+1 Support!

The only complaints I have is that a lot of item sprites look like recolors, and that the Ferryman doesn´t drop any magic or ranged weapons.
What would happen if lava and Aether were to contact?
All of your things have already been answered to. Its already been stated that the creator is sorry for the recorders, in a post above you its stated that more drops are on their way, and the last on is stated in the op; the equivalent to obsidian. (forgot the name)

In order to prevent the Ferryman´s drops from making the current WoF problem seem nothing by comparison, the blades (And other drops that are mostly different in their behavior, rather than stats) should, rather than being separate items, be able to be turned into each other, conserving prefixes. That way, it would both be possible to have 9 weapons (3 melee weapons, 3 magic weapons and 3 ranged weapons) dropped by the Ferryman without causing an insane amount of RNG (At least, not even more than the WoF), along with adding a concept that has a lot of potential: Transforming weapons.

I like what I'm seeing. Putting a new twist on the Underworld to remind us that deep underground isn't always hellfire and magma. Seeing as the Crimson can replace Corruption, I see no reason why the Underworld can't be replaced by The River in some worlds, it would freshen Terraria even more.

It doesn't look like there is a replacement for Sunfury from what I've read in the weapons part unless the various other magic weapons act as a sort of replacement for it, seeing as it is more magic focused with the Armor of the while the Underworld is more Melee focused with the armor you get on it.

Really like how the new boss isn't a clone of the Wall of Flesh. It looks like it fits well with the other bosses in Terraria already. It fits well with the theme of this biome.

+1 Support!

I didn't see a variation for the sun fury either, but maybe it could look like a soul orb on a chain. Perhaps called "Bound Soul". "This soul thrashes around forever bound to the aetherial chain" -in game discription

Does the Ferryman banner drop from the ferryman? Or is it a naturally occurring one? Cause if it's a drop, it would be quite redundant of the trophe.

Does the Ferryman banner drop from the ferryman? Or is it a naturally occurring one? Cause if it's a drop, it would be quite redundant of the trophe.
it is natural! ^^
I didn't see a variation for the sun fury either, but maybe it could look like a soul orb on a chain. Perhaps called "Bound Soul". "This soul thrashes around forever bound to the aetherial chain" -in game discription
There isn't a mirrored variation for everything, the sun fury was one of these things that got uniquely changed. It's replacement is the funerary memento.

Back
Top Bottom