Sprites The River (Alternate Underworld)

Personally, I think Molten deserves a buff. It grants a few more points of defense and 17% melee damage, whereas with a good mage set-up you can have nearly 40% extra magic damage, along with 80 extra mana, and more crit. Diamond Robe with Wizard Hat and Meteor Leggings, you should try it out. Magic Power Potion alone gives 15% extra magic damage, nearly the same damage bonus that molten gets. Mages also can attack from a distance, able to kill enemies before they even get near. You can easily survive a Solar Eclipse by standing still, just clicking left and right occasionally with a Demon Scythe. No pre-hardmode melee set can even come close to compare.

Anyway, as said above, this would be 5 mage armors and 1 of the others if this is made a magic armor. It should be a ranged or minion one.

Are you factoring in the ridiculous damage of a Night's Edge when you say that Magic setups out-damage melee ones pre-Hardmode?

Molten Armor + Night's Edge = LOL

It hits incredibly hard. And then, if you should get a Cutlass in early hardmode (you can do this literally in the very first day of hardmode; go to the beach, kill jellyfish and sharks until a pirate map drops, dig yourself an arena where you can't get hit and summon the pirates), then it is even MORE ridiculous.

Meanwhile, most magic weapons Pre-Hardmode don't have anywhere near that much damage. They need all of that +Damage to really do much. Meanwhile, I'm swinging away with that Night's Edge which works well into Hardmode, while those awesome magic setups you describe are doing single digits because of enemy defense getting too high.

Melee
Shadow/Crimson
Molten

Ranged
Necro

Mage
Diamond Robe with Wizard Hat
Diamond Robe with Magic Hat (this counts as another set, as it has a different set bonus and hat stats)
Meteor
Jungle

Minion
Bee
Crimson is classless armor, though. Not having it be a Melee armor opens up the possibility that a world would spawn without a Melee-devoted armor.

This list just reminds me of how much we really need Zoomo's pre-Hardmode class balancing. >_>

Crimson is classless armor, though. Not having it be a Melee armor opens up the possibility that a world would spawn without a Melee-devoted armor.

This list just reminds me of how much we really need Zoomo's pre-Hardmode class balancing. >_>
Right! I forgot about that. Been awhile since I've played. So, it's possible a world could have no melee armor in pre-hardmode, if the world is Crimson and River..

Are you factoring in the ridiculous damage of a Night's Edge when you say that Magic setups out-damage melee ones pre-Hardmode?

Molten Armor + Night's Edge = LOL

It hits incredibly hard. And then, if you should get a Cutlass in early hardmode (you can do this literally in the very first day of hardmode; go to the beach, kill jellyfish and sharks until a pirate map drops, dig yourself an arena where you can't get hit and summon the pirates), then it is even MORE ridiculous.

Meanwhile, most magic weapons Pre-Hardmode don't have anywhere near that much damage. They need all of that +Damage to really do much. Meanwhile, I'm swinging away with that Night's Edge which works well into Hardmode, while those awesome magic setups you describe are doing single digits because of enemy defense getting too high.
Well, if we're going to count early hardmode stuff.. I think mages are pretty powerful starting out.

VVkkfhE.png

Don't forget the crit. With that much mana, and the mana regen potion, mana is pretty much infinite too. The 13 less defense doesn't matter much if nothing is even able to touch me. And even if they do reach me, I only take 6 more damage than molten.

I am aware you can also boost Night's Edge quite a bit, however you have to be right up close to enemies to harm them, risking damage, whereas these weapons allow you to attack safely from a distance. Molten falls behind here, and mages definitely don't need another armor. At least, not before the other damage types.

So, yeah, I don't think this armor should be a mage armor. It should be melee, ranged, or minion.

EDIT: Right, to get the Cutlass, you need to use exploits to defeat the pirates. However with this mage setup (except lose the balloon or boots for wings), you can finish off the Pirates with a Diamond Staff. :dryadwink: Powerful enough to not need exploits. But if we're using exploits here, you could box up and use a Vilethorn I guess. Or build a box a few blocks in the sky and place a Crimson/Nimbus cloud down, as rain can travel through a block if placed down ontop of it. By the way, I've talked to a tester before, and Pirates pre-mech is a bug- they're supposed to be post-mech, so I'm sure that'll be fixed by the time 1.3 rolls around. You won't be able to grind a Cutlass that early then.

Point is, Mage is strong enough without a new pre-hardmode mage set. If you add in another mage option, that takes away a melee option. Mage already has a few options, some powerful ones I might add, so the new biome armor should be Melee, Ranged, or Minion, but definitely not Mage.

I think Minion would fit so well instead. Mage wouldn't be getting nearly half a dozen options and it'll give Minions a second one.

Last edited:
@Snickerbobble @Xylia @SzGamer227

We're forgetting all of the ore, wood, and misc armor sets. This is NOT a balance thread though and given the scope and imbalance of the core game -- additional or lacking [dmg type] armors pre-hardmode don't pan out in importance in the grand scheme. Not that I am limited by anything for my suggestions anyways, as they are just that -- suggestions. Accounting for that, Ethereal Armor is fine. It's my suggestion, it fits thematically with the proposal, and it doesn't imbalance the game by it's own existence at the expense of Molten. I am not going to argue this. If you feel melee, ranged, or summoner armor requires a set at the time of Underworld progression, or that pre-hardmode requires a rebalance in armor availability and quantity -- you are welcome to make your own suggestion(s) for it.

It looks nice, gives chills, and fits the ambient.
I really liked the aether too. We're descending our world then we find a teal liquid, we stare at it for 3 seconds then decide to jump into it to see what happens hahaha

This could be a new terraria mod
But is the nethicite a fire block and the soulbind arrow could give a better effect or ability

Still a creative idea 99 out of 100

This is the first alternate biome suggestion I've seen in a long time that I just absolutely love. The feel of what it is suppose to represent by what it replaces. I often think that biome suggestions, especially alternates, don't have a natural feel to them (like the ones already in the game). But with Hell it's not about being natural, it's about being supernatural. Hell's representation of post-death replaced with another society's vision of a part of post-death; the feeling is right there. The amount of work you've put into it is amazing. Not only have you replaced everything that Hell gives, it all fits perfectly with what you're trying to represent.

The contemplation of the Armor bonuses. As pointed out, there's a few specialization armors pre-hardmode. One of them, Shadow Armor, was replaced by the classless Crimson Armor in crimson worlds. This does pose the issue of Molten Armor being the only purely melee armor pre-hardmode if you get a crimson world. The thing about this is the fact that the other class style armors are all about the same tier, whereas Molten Armor as WAY more defense than any of the others. Personally, I'd love to see the Ethereal Armor you've got in your suggestion as a classless armor as well. But at the same time I'd like to see there be some sort of switch between Crimson Armor and Molten Armor. That way Crimson Armor is melee armor (so regardless of whether your world is Corruption or Crimson you'll get melee armor at that tier) and Molten Armor would be classless. But that's just me.

All in all, love the suggestion. I honestly wish this would be updated into the game right now. :dryadhappy:

I'm... I'm shocked at the quality of this. I've never seen a biome so fleshed out like this before. The Cyber comes close to this, but like... you thought of everything. This totally needs to be a thing. Plus now that we got Greek mythology stuff like Medusa and the Hoplites in the Marble Cave mini-biome, this would really go well into the game.

I'm not sure how I feel about the Ascended Soul. Fire feather was a feather because of giant harpy feather, frost feather, and bone feather. The only feathered creature there is the harpy.

I was going to suggest something but this is insanely fleshed out as is how dare you %:sigh:Full support, but I feel you would need to be able to change if you want the crimson or corruption, and hell or the river, that will probably be intimidating to a new player if that change happens the meta might crush them, or it could be random by default and I'm overthinking it again. That's a topic for another day though. Otherwise I would love to have a teal liquid along with nice teal blocks :dryadsmile:

Really nice but You should make some river exclusive items because most of the accesories have hell equivalent.

I support but I have a question (several actualy)

1. Can i borrow the Aegis sprite for a suggestion thread I'm working on?
  2. Are you gonna add an item or mob referencing Cocytus, The frozen river from Dante's Inferno?
  3. I frankly prefer the AE spelling of Aetherial instead of the E spelling, just saying
  4. Are there gonna be Living Aether blocks?

I support but I have a question (several actualy)

1. Can i borrow the Aegis sprite for a suggestion thread I'm working on?
  2. Are you gonna add an item or mob referencing Cocytus, The frozen river from Dante's Inferno?
  3. I frankly prefer the AE spelling of Aetherial instead of the E spelling, just saying
  4. Are there gonna be Living Aether blocks?
  1. no
  2. no
  3. not a question?
  4. yes (this suggestion was pre-1.3)

20% Chance not to consume ammo, 1% chance to instant-kill, exploding bullets

The instant-kill seems a bit overpowered. All you have to do is shoot plantera around 100 times and she dies with a weapon you can get at the very start of hardmode.

EDIT: I'm talking about the death penalty weapon.

Back
Top Bottom