Should this be...

• Buffed

• Nerfed (comment why and how)

• Added!

• Forgotten, it's bad.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bryce's Games

Skeletron Prime
Hey everyone, Bryce here with another suggestion. Today we have an accessory. Don't you hate having to spam the attack button with weapons such as the paladin's hammer, venus magnum, and inferno fork? Well, now you don't! The robotic arm accessory allows you to auto-use any weapon that doesn't already have it. It doesn't effect weapons that already have it, like the terra blade. Like it yet? Onto the stats:
Robotic Arm
robotic arm.png

10% increased attack speed
5% increased knockback
Enables auto-swing for all weapons.

Crafting:
1 mechanical glove
1 titan glove
10 hallowed bars
15 wire
@ hardmode anvil

Any feedback/support is appreciated. Tell me what you think!
~Peace

Last edited:
Seems like it would be pretty balanced except for the part about enabling auto-swing on all weapons. Remove?

I think the recipe is too grindy. I understand that this weapon is pretty powerful, but I do not want to grind for an avenger emblem just so I can use autoswing. Besides that, I really like this suggestion.

Seems like it would be pretty balanced except for the part about enabling auto-swing on all weapons. Remove?
Then all it is is a weaker mechanical glove. The suggestion was made for the reason that the guy wanted autoswing.

As @azumarill64 said, the point is to enable auto-swing.
Scratch the melee bit and let it auto-reuse all weapon types and I agree. Otherwise, I am so against it I will hound you like a mad dog.
When I first made this suggestion, I wasn't sure if people would want that or not, but considering you asked for I will add it.
I think the recipe is too grindy. I understand that this weapon is pretty powerful, but I do not want to grind for an avenger emblem just so I can use autoswing. Besides that, I really like this suggestion.
What do you think, then? Perhaps a power glove instead?
Also, I added a player sprite:
player robo arm.png

Reactions: Azu
I remember a suggestion similar to this on TO... Anyway.

I think that enabling autoswing on all weapons is a great idea, although it purposely covers up some of the disadvantages of weapons to imbalance them. For example, I paraphrase @Tobbvald by saying that the True Night's Edge should not have autoswing to keep it balanced with True Gram, True Excalibur, True Brink of Deformity, etc.

I think this would be very cool, though.

I remember a suggestion similar to this on TO... Anyway.

I think that enabling autoswing on all weapons is a great idea, although it purposely covers up some of the disadvantages of weapons to imbalance them. For example, I paraphrase @Tobbvald by saying that the True Night's Edge should not have autoswing to keep it balanced with True Gram, True Excalibur, True Brink of Deformity, etc.

I think this would be very cool, though.
Though I appreciate the support, using my suggestions as arguments against other suggestions is a bit silly since neither part can be considered "canon". What other people suggest does not contradict what I suggest, at least not until one of them are implemented in vanilla. Unless the mentioning was only made as an example of course. But even then it's a bit weird to do, since the person you're discussing with may not know of the suggestion you are referring to.

The core-idea is solid though. Adding an auto-swing or even the possibility to autoswing all blades would offset the balance no matter how you nerf it. Some of the swords in the game are left without this feature for a reason. Some swords are made to not autoswing to force the player to actually time their hits. If all blades worked at maximum out-put all the time, this threshold would be obliterated and thus make many same-tier swords obsolete.

Though I appreciate the support, using my suggestions as arguments against other suggestions is a bit silly since neither part can be considered "canon". What other people suggest does not contradict what I suggest, at least not until one of them are implemented in vanilla. Unless the mentioning was only made as an example of course. But even then it's a bit weird to do, since the person you're discussing with may not know of the suggestion you are referring to.

The core-idea is solid though. Adding an auto-swing or even the possibility to autoswing all blades would offset the balance no matter how you nerf it. Some of the swords in the game are left without this feature for a reason. Some swords are made to not autoswing to force the player to actually time their hits. If all blades worked at maximum out-put all the time, this threshold would be obliterated and thus make many same-tier swords obsolete.

I did now know what suggestion @652Graystripe was referring to, though now that I read the thread, I understand. Perhaps the accessory could disable speed mods?

It's good, but it could do with some nerfing.
Maybe non-autoswing weapons get two things:
Simply clicking will swing/shoot the weapons as fast as it normally would, but holding the button would make it auto-swing/shoot at a slower rate.

But... There is literally no reason to use this. Its just a downgrade to the mechanical glove. I would never sacrifice good stats for autoswing, its just plain lazy and I get sick of people complaining when weapons don't have autoswing.

Back
Top Bottom