NPCs & Enemies The Rouge Cultist

The_Arms_Dealer

Terrarian
This NPC moves in after the lunatic cultist has been defeated for the first time and housing is available
Quote when first talked to "Defeating The Higher One Has Allowed Me To Show My Face, Thank You For That"
Beastiary Description "They Say For Trying To Escape The Cult His Robes Were Burned With An Everlasting Flame"
Attack:
Shoots Lumunite Arrows At The Pace Of A Regular Bow

NPC Appearance (Temporary) (ignore White Background)

Rougue Cultist.gif

Store:

Ancient Light Spell__________________Homing Fireball Spell__________________Lightning Ball Spell__________________Spikey Ice Spell (50 Gold Each)

Spell_Tome (3).png

Description "It Resembles The Magic Used By The Lunatic Cultist"
Consumable

-Summons One Of The Celestial Pillars-

Only available after moon lord

Celestial Tablets (30 Gold Each)
New Piskel (4).gif
New Piskel (1).gif
New Piskel (2).gif
New Piskel (3).gif

____Stardust___________Solar__________ Nebular __________Vortex

Description "It Shines With A Celestial Aurora"

Dark Cultist Robe + Hood (10 Gold Each)
Cultist_set (1).png

Description "A Dark And Mysterious Version Of The Original Cultists Robes"

Cultist_set (1).png

+ (5 Of Any Fragment) =
Cultist_set.png
(Accents and eye color depends on fragments used) (Lower Stats Than The Regular Armour Counterparts)

Cultist_set.png
-Dark (Fragment Type) Robe / Hood

Description " A Dark Cultists Robe That Seems To Be Engraved With A Celestial Power "

This Is My First "Well Planned Out" Npc Hope You Enjoy

I'm Not Good At Balancing So There's No Stats Or Armour Set Bonuses Included

(Edits - Now Sells Individual Tablets)

Attachments

• Spell_Tome (2).png
    Spell_Tome (2).png
    879 bytes · Views: 103
  • Spell_Tome (3).png
    Spell_Tome (3).png
    909 bytes · Views: 93
  • Spell_Tome (2).png
    Spell_Tome (2).png
    879 bytes · Views: 114
  • Spell_Tome (3).png
    Spell_Tome (3).png
    909 bytes · Views: 97
  • New Piskel.gif
    New Piskel.gif
    4 KB · Views: 116
  • Cultist_set.png
    Cultist_set.png
    777 bytes · Views: 103
  • Cultist_set.png
    Cultist_set.png
    777 bytes · Views: 103
  • New Piskel.gif
    New Piskel.gif
    4 KB · Views: 124
  • New Piskel (19).png
    New Piskel (19).png
    924 bytes · Views: 99
  • New Piskel (3).gif
    New Piskel (3).gif
    10.7 KB · Views: 108
  • New Piskel (3).gif
    New Piskel (3).gif
    10.7 KB · Views: 129
  • Cultist_set (1).png
    Cultist_set (1).png
    810 bytes · Views: 99
  • New Piskel (4).gif
    New Piskel (4).gif
    9.4 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
So, this is the other NPC idea you told about earlier.

There are some good things here, but this has several problems too, still, I think.

As for the NPC, he might be okay, but I'm curious why burned his robe? And then, if his robe is burning with an eternal flame... why wouldn't he just take on a different outfit? XD

As for the spell tomes, being able to use lunatic cultist spells might be interesting. but those sprites looks bad, because of mixels. Terraria uses 2x2 pixels... sprites that doesn't follow that doesn't really fit...

what exactly those armors would do?

And, then, there are those items you mentioned earlier to summor towers individually... the idea to be able to do that sounds very useful.
but why would you summon a pillar? I think the reason for that is, to get more of the fragments of that one tower - maybe because you're that class, and need more, let's say nebulla fragments for the full armor and other gadgets. If you want to summon the tower because you want fragments, having the very same fragments being used in the crafting recipe sounds bad, IMO.
He could for example just sell summoning items for them, once the respective tower's been defeated in said world, at least once.

As for the sprite, they're all temporary and just to get a point across. I'm not really good at sprite art so anything I do with that is just meant as an example
. I see what you mean so ill edit it so he just sells the individual tablets. As for why he doesn't just switch outfits, I don't see that being a problem. When it comes to clothing logic I think NPCs don't really need it. Finally what the armor does is up to debate since I'm not good at game balancing. For now, if you really want some type of answer to what armor does, just imagine a weaker version of the regular armor. I hope this addresses your problems with the npc.

Alright.

As for the pillar summoning items, they actually could be just available once the respective pillar's been defeated once, so could farm for frangments without starting the whole lunar apocalypse again, even if moon lord swept the floor with you. With a restriction that they can't be used when a lunar apocalypse is already happening - so there couldn't be even more pillars, nor more of the same one the same time.
The prices could be higher too though, like 1 plat or something. although it's true it doesn't really matters much, because late game you can get dirty rich very quickly anyway.

As for the outfit, I mean, he's a cultist, but, if his robe is cursed, why not just take on another - similar or different - robe? I mean, his garment is on fire! XD Why would he keep wearing that? XD

Like I Said Clothing Logic Doesn't Really Affect Npcs In My Opinion. As For The Requirement To Buy The Tablets I Much Rather It Be After The Moonlord That way A Money Farm Doesn't Equal The Best Armor In The Game Until You've Beat The Entire Game Including the Final Boss.

Like I Said Clothing Logic Doesn't Really Affect Npcs In My Opinion. As For The Requirement To Buy The Tablets I Much Rather It Be After The Moonlord That way A Money Farm Doesn't Equal The Best Armor In The Game Until You've Beat The Entire Game Including the Final Boss.
Why starter capital letters now...?

As for clothes, I just mean, NPCs usually wear whatever attire fitting for them, but it generally looks they're comfortable in it. A burning robe doesn't sounds very convinient to wear... though that might be just my opinion XD

They can be for sale post moon lord, but considering endgame armors, wings, tools, etc. require luminite, you wouldn't be able to craft them anyway, prior to defeating the Moon Lord.

Thanks for the criticism but I think I'm gonna keep it the same. Also, the capital at the beginning is just me forgetting to use correct capitals since I type like that sometimes.

Thanks for the criticism but I think I'm gonna keep it the same. Also, the capital at the beginning is just me forgetting to use correct capitals since I type like that sometimes.
Alright.
It is your idea, not mine, I don't want to influence it or you too much, I just think some of these things could be better some different ways. but that might be just my opinion.

Overall, this is not a bad NPC idea on the core, although still feels a bit lacking.

Back
Top Bottom