Items The Saber - A weapon for mounts

TheQuietBisharp

Official Terrarian
I've been reading a book on the American Civil War lately and it inspired me to make this. Imagine, a thin, curved blade usually used by calvalry. I'm unfamiliar with mounts as I'm a mobile player, but I'm thinking this blade will get a 15% damage increase when you're on a mount. I'm thinking there will be a pre-Hardmode Saber that does 32 damage(needs recipe) and a Hardmode saber called the Unicorn Saber (wow so creative) made with 3 Unicorn Horns and a Broken Hero Sword. This will do 61 damage.
As suggested by @Baconfry the blades will also increase in swing speed by 10%?

Well, what do you think? I tried to keep it nice and simple, but I could use a lot of feedback and ideas on how to improve this.

Last edited:
I think my support is balancing on its damage.
Because, PHM, you can get the Honeyed Goggles, and in HM, you can get stuff like the Reindeer bells.
(And, in 1.3, UNICORNS)

I think the base damage/damage boost should change based on the mount you're using. :)

I think my support is balancing on its damage.
Because, PHM, you can get the Honeyed Goggles, and in HM, you can get stuff like the Reindeer bells.
(And, in 1.3, UNICORNS)

I think the base damage/damage boost should change based on the mount you're using. :)
Okay. But I'm wondering to gate it to post or pre. Are there more mounts in Hardmode?

Yeah, but I think it would be cool to ride a unicorn and have a sword specifically meant for your unicorn. ;)
Maybe have a PHM and HM version? :)

But in 1.3, the first thing I'm doing is getting a UNICORN ARMY!!!!!

Supposedly, you can already use any weapon on mounts in 1.3, so... yeah...
I know, that's part of my inspiration. This weapon would get bonus damage for using it on a mount.
http://terraria.wiki.gg/Mount
One other, the pigron mount. I guess you should focus this more to PHM.
I like how that autocorrected to pigeon :p. I believe for pre-Hardmode it could do 32 damage with a 8% boost if used on a mount. Is that too OP? I haven't gone pre-Hardmode in a while.
Edit: I got an idea! Maybe you can use the Broken Hero Sword and some Unicorn horns for a Hardmode equivalent!

I know, that's part of my inspiration. This weapon would get bonus damage for using it on a mount.

I like how that autocorrected to pigeon :p. I believe for pre-Hardmode it could do 32 damage with a 8% boost if used on a mount. Is that too OP? I haven't gone pre-Hardmode in a while.
It depends on how you make it now. Maybe just before the WoF, and after Meteor? :)

Hmm... the concept is good, but a 10% boost isn't quite enough to be noticed. Changing the mechanics entirely, now that would be something we'd notice for sure. This would probably work in the form of a repeater-type bow whose fire rate increases... or a spear whose damage and knockback increase significantly...

...oh, we were talking about your sword, right... wouldn't want to get off-topic! Well, how about raising the swing speed as well as the damage?

Considering the blade will be of lighter weight, it will swing fast already. So maybe the pre-Hardmode can go at Muramasa speed when riding? And maybe make it 15% damage since I'd imagine it's hard to hit enemies. The Unicorn Saber can have 61 damage with a 15% bonus as well, then it goes as fast as the Cutlass. So, are my guesstimations on point or way off?

It's a good idea. Also, as @Baconfry said, some weapons for ranger and mage would be cool as well. Since you're looking at a "civil war" theme for the weapons, how about an old civil war repeater and maybe... A magic powered cannon? Summoners could have little cavalry that ride alongside you.

There, I added in a few changes and suggestions.
It's a good idea. Also, as @Baconfry said, some weapons for ranger and mage would be cool as well. Since you're looking at a "civil war" theme for the weapons, how about an old civil war repeater and maybe... A magic powered cannon? Summoners could have little cavalry that ride alongside you.
I don't really want to treat this like a "class" sort of weapon, and I doubt all those revolvers were very accurate on horseback.

I've been reading a book on the American Civil War lately and it inspired me to make this. Imagine, a thin, curved blade usually used by calvalry. I'm unfamiliar with mounts as I'm a mobile player, but I'm thinking this blade will get a 15% damage increase when you're on a mount. I'm thinking there will be a pre-Hardmode Saber that does 32 damage(needs recipe) and a Hardmode saber called the Unicorn Saber (wow so creative) made with 3 Unicorn Horns and a Broken Hero Sword. This will do 61 damage.
As suggested by @Baconfry the blades will also increase in swing speed by 10%?

Well, what do you think? I tried to keep it nice and simple, but I could use a lot of feedback and ideas on how to improve this.

Brilliant! You can ride a certain mount and slice enemies with an epic saber! Full Support. Needs Magic Saber or Sorcerer's Saber for magic users.

EDIT: Zimberzimber, Sorcery, back then, was just called Luck. The Union used "Sorcery" to win.

Last edited:
Nice idea. What about a jousting lance? Held out in front of you and receives a damage boost for high speed while on a mount. I would love to charge into my enemies at full speed!

Brilliant! You can ride a certain mount and slice enemies with an epic saber! Full Support. Needs Magic Saber or Sorcerer's Saber for magic users.

EDIT: Zimberzimber, Sorcery, back then, was just called Luck. The Union used "Sorcery" to win.
Nice idea. What about a jousting lance? Held out in front of you and receives a damage boost for high speed while on a mount. I would love to charge into my enemies at full speed!
Thanks for your support guys!

Back
Top Bottom