Resolved The save file ***.player was created with a newer version of terraria and could not be loaded.

This post started in 2015, it is now 2018, 3 years later and I have just experienced this issue. Tbh I think I’ll just get PC edition even if my computer might not handle it well. I’m tired of having to deal with piles upon piles of glitches, some of which are game breaking like this one, with barely any fixes. And I don’t even want to imagine the amount of glitches that could show up in 1.3. Sorry for the rant, I know it’s hard to patch many bugs, it can just get real frustrating sometimes.

This post started in 2015, it is now 2018, 3 years later and I have just experienced this issue. Tbh I think I’ll just get PC edition even if my computer might not handle it well. I’m tired of having to deal with piles upon piles of glitches, some of which are game breaking like this one, with barely any fixes. And I don’t even want to imagine the amount of glitches that could show up in 1.3. Sorry for the rant, I know it’s hard to patch many bugs, it can just get real frustrating sometimes.
I hear ya @zekeymoomoo. I’d find it incredibly frustrating if a character got wiped out this way. I’ve had a pretty good experience with my iPhone and iPad Terraria so far, and haven’t had a lot of the technical issues that I see pop up for others. If you do decide to keep playing on mobile, just keep in mind the backup slots and make a copy of your favorite character and world every so often.

I’m curious, as I’m hoping to find some sort of connection or pattern for these glitches, besides the actual Terraria game, do you use any other apps about Terraria (wikis, cheat guides, mods, all item maps)?

Hey all you. I had the same problem and found a solution for that with rooted phones.
I follow a guide inside the wiki of terraria for inventory editing. Inside this guide there are tips for correct this problem.
Check that: https://terraria.wiki.gg/Guide:Mobile_inventory_editing
Its easy:
-Cut the corrupted file to a backup folder
-Create a new character with de same name
-Save and close the game
-Copy the number generated in the name-xxxxxxx.player file
-Rename your (corrupted) backup with the same number
-Substitute the actual file with the backup file, and
-Tha daaaaan!!!

Sorry for my english, Im brasilian!
Good luck guys.

Wait fo the new update an update it. Once it is done it should reset everything and get all your data back. If thr bug fixes are added the account should be fixed an everything will be reset into a regulaer form. Though i do not guarantee this will work. Though i mad as hell i lost 555 platnuim. Tons of the best weapons and armour and i lost my vampire knives headless horseman blade and almost all of the recipes in the game. Wait till the new update an do it! I hope it works. Though at least my world with even more stuff is safe.
[DOUBLEPOST=1450851808,1450851701][/DOUBLEPOST]Wtf everything i had eas turned into :red:ing 704 lead ingots? Wtf my armour an everything. What the hell!!!! 505 games :red:ing fix this!!!
Lol! A few years ago, I had this same problem happen. Here's what I have done after the first error in timeline form, top is the first error, bottom is the newest error. These are all from 1.2.

- My player ausome is gone
- I made a youtube video in my Terraria series called "Reincarnation", showing how i made a new character called ausome2 in the cloud save and showing the items and explaining what happened.
- My next video, showing me defeating skeletron for the first time, is uploaded, with ausome2 intact.
- A few weeks later, I hop on Terraria, about to finally record the video of fighting WOF, episode 5, but i tapped cloud save... And. No error. Just my character being :merchanteek:ing gone! I started crying, like the kid I was. I was so sad I lost my character.
- About a year later, I come back on the Terraria scene, showing my new character, "[My real name]" (Just for my privacy, I'll call this character "Terrarian") So Terrarian here, was doing better than ever, full shadow armor (Except for the ancient shadow helmet, no biggie) and nightmare tools. And a white lightsaber.
- A few weeks later, I go on Terrarian, and saw the wierdest [synonym for poop] in my time of playing terraria. Terrarian's inventory, Armor, Accessories, even the vanity were all Angel Statues. It must have been some kind of inventory corruption, and when I closed my inventory, the game crashed, and it showed the same error message for Terrarian that it did ausome. God dammit, 505!
- I had not played terraria on that tablet again. Later on when I got my phone, (Tablet broken btw), Terraria worked completely fine, and it was just about in time for the 1.3 mobile update! Hooray! Now nothing is wrong with my game, nothing bad happened on my new phone, character corruption is still possible, though, so be safe guys! I still don't know anything about the angel statues. I still think about them. How? I should have screenshotted it, but I was too scared now that I think of it lol. I think I still have discord messages for my screenshot of the ausome error. But more importantly, my Reincarnation video is still up! (Excuse my very high voice, and a bit of me sobbing, I just got really sad every time I opened terraria. Because I always saw that message.) I'm seriously sorry about my high and cringy voice, and terrible commentary, but this shows the error. Reincarnation Thank you for reading.

Lol! A few years ago, I had this same problem happen. Here's what I have done after the first error in timeline form, top is the first error, bottom is the newest error. These are all from 1.2.

- My player ausome is gone
- I made a youtube video in my Terraria series called "Reincarnation", showing how i made a new character called ausome2 in the cloud save and showing the items and explaining what happened.
- My next video, showing me defeating skeletron for the first time, is uploaded, with ausome2 intact.
- A few weeks later, I hop on Terraria, about to finally record the video of fighting WOF, episode 5, but i tapped cloud save... And. No error. Just my character being :merchanteek:ing gone! I started crying, like the kid I was. I was so sad I lost my character.
- About a year later, I come back on the Terraria scene, showing my new character, "[My real name]" (Just for my privacy, I'll call this character "Terrarian") So Terrarian here, was doing better than ever, full shadow armor (Except for the ancient shadow helmet, no biggie) and nightmare tools. And a white lightsaber.
- A few weeks later, I go on Terrarian, and saw the wierdest [synonym for poop] in my time of playing terraria. Terrarian's inventory, Armor, Accessories, even the vanity were all Angel Statues. It must have been some kind of inventory corruption, and when I closed my inventory, the game crashed, and it showed the same error message for Terrarian that it did ausome. God dammit, 505!
- I had not played terraria on that tablet again. Later on when I got my phone, (Tablet broken btw), Terraria worked completely fine, and it was just about in time for the 1.3 mobile update! Hooray! Now nothing is wrong with my game, nothing bad happened on my new phone, character corruption is still possible, though, so be safe guys! I still don't know anything about the angel statues. I still think about them. How? I should have screenshotted it, but I was too scared now that I think of it lol. I think I still have discord messages for my screenshot of the ausome error. But more importantly, my Reincarnation video is still up! (Excuse my very high voice, and a bit of me sobbing, I just got really sad every time I opened terraria. Because I always saw that message.) I'm seriously sorry about my high and cringy voice, and terrible commentary, but this shows the error. Reincarnation Thank you for reading.
If you were on android there would have been a chance to recover a cloud save, however that only lasts for about a month from when the file broke. I have used it before. You could rewind files to a older version, so a corrupted save could be recovered.

Back
Top Bottom