Resolved The save file ***.player was created with a newer version of terraria and could not be loaded.

I have contacted 505 as well and nothing happens...anybody who knows how to get through and get this issue fixed?
I also filed a support form to them as well. I guess we'll have to wait until they give us an explanation... If time awaits, we must try other versions of Terraria to pass the time (although that may not work for everybody). More will come later on about that. :)

I had this glitch happen to me twice. The first time was locally. So I tried using the cloud to make a character. I got all the way to the point of killing the mechanical bosses. Unfortunately, the cloud character has been corrupted now too. Probably going to stop playing Terraria on the mobile for quite a while lol. Hopefully they will be able to come up with a fix for this.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-04-28-21-14-19.png
    Screenshot_2016-04-28-21-14-19.png
    324.2 KB · Views: 268
  • Screenshot_2016-04-28-21-14-31.png
    Screenshot_2016-04-28-21-14-31.png
    322.7 KB · Views: 240
Installed update, after realizing one has been out for awhile.

My main/first character is still glitched.

Bought this last Christmas, and got a month or so of gameplay before this glitch happened.

Tempted to wipe the whole thing an restart... if only I had a guarantee that it wouldn't do the exact same thing later on done the line.

Out of sheer chance, I found out the recent update by thumbing through the list apps I seem to forget to update.

I'm pleased to see there are more save slots, and a way to copy already exiting files, and that my second character seems show up correctly in the 3rd slot. Though, one or two people are going to be sad that Rob (the test character) has reverted back to his original appearance.

Unfortunately, my main character is still locked away, with no way to access him, and he still generates an error as I go into the character selection page.

It would be really nice if there was an option to have messed up files fixed. I still don't know of the data is still there, or if the save file is actually blank and the game is too nice (or stupid) to tell me otherwise.

For me, instead, (I made this account just to say this) I still got the message, however my file was fine. What happened was I think everything in my game updated to 1.3 mechanics/changes maybe. Idk if I'm an idiot but just look.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    334.9 KB · Views: 499
Been looking, seems that I was just lucky for surviving this, but the ninja armor is the only thing changed?

Same Here It Is Annoying I Had Most Things I Was Just Getting Ready To Press On My Character Then It Said It

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    229.6 KB · Views: 288
505 does not deserve to develop the mobile version of terraria. The game has endless bugs, terrible controls, and takes LONGER than the PC edition to update. There is no excuse. #505error #takebackmobile

505 does not deserve to develop the mobile version of terraria. The game has endless bugs, terrible controls, and takes LONGER than the PC edition to update. There is no excuse. #505error #takebackmobile

505 doesn't do the actual porting, CodeGlue does. Does that count as a valid excuse?

I just noticed there was a new update, and a 'new' name popped up in my character slot where my glitched out one used to be.
But it did a few item switching sounds and then gave me a near blank default character instead of my long lost character.

I kind of panicked and force closed my game to prevent file modification, but I can't tell for sure of it is now altered or not.

I made a copy of it... I guess, and it does the same sound again and gives me a default looking character.

I guess it is some improvement. Though, I should have known better than to try to open up the 'original' file. It had some numbers in it, then '.player', but the copy of the file lacks that.

Anyway, I guess I'll keep poking at it, and maybe give it a go again, likely during next X-mas at this rate.

I just noticed there was a new update, and a 'new' name popped up in my character slot where my glitched out one used to be.
But it did a few item switching sounds and then gave me a near blank default character instead of my long lost character.

I kind of panicked and force closed my game to prevent file modification, but I can't tell for sure of it is now altered or not.

I made a copy of it... I guess, and it does the same sound again and gives me a default looking character.

I guess it is some improvement. Though, I should have known better than to try to open up the 'original' file. It had some numbers in it, then '.player', but the copy of the file lacks that.

Anyway, I guess I'll keep poking at it, and maybe give it a go again, likely during next X-mas at this rate.
It seems like you have access to the filesystem now. Is it possible to copy the file to a PC and take a look at it there?
If it only contains zeroes you'll know for sure it's gone. If not, then there's still hope.

Same. DO NOT create a new character at all means. The old ones current tab is there and if you create a new one, it will be weird. The image and the name of your new character will be separated and if you delete the new one, the old one will be deleted as well.
You are getting it weird then.. on mine the new characters go under the corrupted one, and the slot is always blocking.

For me, instead, (I made this account just to say this) I still got the message, however my file was fine. What happened was I think everything in my game updated to 1.3 mechanics/changes maybe. Idk if I'm an idiot but just look.
I wantnthat layout.. on the sides would make my armour swap easier. (I end up using a 2nd armour in vanity for inventory space.)
[doublepost=1471154664,1471154225][/doublepost]However i would like to point out a couple factoids.
1: if your cloud saves use google drive then a cloud save corruption is fixable. (But the file system used by gdrive has a time restriction! So do it soon)
2: corruption is caused by the game closing improperly while saving. (Like a crash, or force closing or something)
If you have a file disappear in game but can see it in the rile system check the file size (0kb or low kbs are corrputed) this is easy help for cloud world issues as they don't say anything in game.

I am having the same problem. I used to be able to load old players (old format) in Terraria just before 1.2.12000... Now I get that error.
EDIT: The old world format still loads though! But the worlds are viewed as "name.world"
Screenshot_2016_08_14_10_07_53.png

Just an asthetic thing. Nothing serious.

Last edited:
Same issue as everybody else, I suppose the only difference being that I am playing on a Chromebook, using the "experimental" tie-in to Android/the Google Play store.

Literally was playing the game five minutes before this happened. Had just defeated the Destroyer/gotten a Megashark when this happened. Sigh.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2016-12-27 at 4.12.27 AM.png
    Screenshot 2016-12-27 at 4.12.27 AM.png
    435.3 KB · Views: 210
  • Screenshot 2016-12-27 at 4.10.46 AM.png
    Screenshot 2016-12-27 at 4.10.46 AM.png
    400.7 KB · Views: 287
Guys, I've had this problem too. A lot. I play it on the amazon kindle version, and it seems to be fine now. The way I fixed it on my kindle is by deleting all but 3 of my local save characters. What I think happened is that amazon and google play version wasn't quite ready for the "6 character slot" update. I deleted every character but three, and I deleted all the cloud save characters, just to be safe. ;) Then, I turned off cloud save features and it worked like magic! I now experience less crashes and none of my characters have been deleted since. DISCLAIMER: If you did what I said but it did not work, don't come crying to me. I am just telling you what worked for me! It may not work for you, but I am just a forumer trying to help you!

<posts merged by staff>

Oh, and make sure cloud save and "whispersync for games" is turned off. :) And that the google plus square in the top right corner is not red. `:cool:

<posts merged by staff>

Hi guys, I believe I have fixed it. I think that the google play and amazon version weren't ready for the "six character slot" update. On the local save, what I did was delete all but my three best characters. Then, I deleted all cloud save characters. I then disabled EVERY cloud save feature and "whispersync for games" in settings. Now, I no longer experience this glitch(after it happening to me 4 times) and the crashing seems limited. Please note that this is what worked for ME, so don't come crying to me if it doesn't work for you. Also, keep in mind that this is just for preventing it from happening again, and will NOT get your progress back. (This method was tested on kindle fire.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Got it again. This time in a cloud saved file.

I guess the gods are telling me Terraria is just not my game. ;(
[doublepost=1482972365,1482971983][/doublepost]Thanks for your post! I think I've had enough for the present, though. Will be uninstalling.

Oh, and make sure cloud save and "whispersync for games" is turned off. :) And that the google plus square in the top right corner is not red. `:cool:

If there's a way to disable cloud save I couldn't find it. And the whispersync feature is something exclusive to Amazon devices and I guess their forked Android apps. When/if I reinstall Terraria I'll be sure to stay logged OUT of Google Plus, though.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2016-12-28 at 7.08.26 PM.png
    Screenshot 2016-12-28 at 7.08.26 PM.png
    419.9 KB · Views: 254
Got it again. This time in a cloud saved file.

I guess the gods are telling me Terraria is just not my game. ;(
[doublepost=1482972365,1482971983][/doublepost]Thanks for your post! I think I've had enough for the present, though. Will be uninstalling.

If there's a way to disable cloud save I couldn't find it. And the whispersync feature is something exclusive to Amazon devices and I guess their forked Android apps. When/if I reinstall Terraria I'll be sure to stay logged OUT of Google Plus, though.
Sorry to hear that it's doing that to you @inkjetlabel. I wish I had a solution, or knew what situations set this off. From reports that I've seen in it, it seems to be random and I can't see any pattern.

If you'd like, you can send through the details of what happened to you straight to 505 Games, it may them track down why it happens for the future. https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/form15/index.html

Back
Top Bottom