Sprites The Secret Armory of the Arms Dealer - More weapons from the Arms Dealer!

"One more step and it'll be your last"
Is this line and the title a reference to Borderlands? I love it.
All the gun variety is really good, and I always wished that other weapons had as much variety as melee weapons, and this seems like a good start. :)

Is this line and the title a reference to Borderlands? I love it.
All the gun variety is really good, and I always wished that other weapons had as much variety as melee weapons, and this seems like a good start. :)
Late reply is late I believe "coach gun" is a slang term used for double barreled shotguns, but regardless the name and tooltip are both references to Borderlands.

Maybe you should add a weapon for Post-Golem? Just saying.

Also, eyy, piono.
There are 3 new post-Golem weapons, though?

Reactions: Azu
I love some of these guns. Can i use some in my mod? Specifically the AU-47. Elephant Gun and Excaliber. I will give you full credit for the ideas and sprites.

GUNS.

As someone who loves Gungeon (and needs to play it more), I approve. More guns is always A Good, especially since there isn't a massive amount of saturation in that department overall.

And Excaliber is definitely a 'well-played'. I didn't even noticed the pun until I looked at it again.

For an arms dealer, the Arms Dealer really doesn't have many guns to sell. What's the point of an arms dealer if he doesn't have any arms?
I'm here to resolve that! This suggestion is to make the Arms Dealer more than just an NPC for restocking on ammo, while also filling in some of the gaps in the available ranged weapons.

The Arms Dealer is now the direct source of 11 new ranged weapons - 9 of these can be bought, while 2 require Illegal Gun Parts to craft. He will sell different weapons depending on your progression, as well as conditions like the the time of day, the moon phase, etc.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Firstly, the Arms Dealer now sells Rocket Is after Skeletron is defeated!

Rocket_I.png

They go for 50
Copper_Coin.png
a pop.

This is because some of the weapons in this suggestion are early-game rocket/grenade launchers.
The Cyborg still is the main late-game source for rockets.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Now onto the main meat.

To clarify beforehand, weapons sold depending on the moon phase are also available at daytime. When I mean by "during the day of a X", I mean the entire in-game 24-hour period in which the X moon phase occurs at night... if that makes sense.

092S7z6.png

Thumper

33 Ranged damage
Weak Knockback
36 (Very Slow) Use Time

Sold by the Arms Dealer after Skeletron is defeated
Always available
Price: 40
Gold_Coin.png

A very early version of the Grenade Launcher that uses rockets, which can now be bought from the Arms Dealer. The Thumper's grenades, compared to the Grenade Launcher, have a harsher arc and lower velocity. The low damage and knockback are compensated for by the high damage and knockback from the Rocket Is themselves.

uaBD5Kw.png

SMG

15 Ranged Damage
Very Weak Knockback
10 (Very Fast) Use Time
Autofire

Tooltip:
Shoots a powerful, high velocity bullet

Sold by the Arms Dealer in Hardmode
Only available during the day of a full moon
25px-Moon-full.png

Price: 35
Gold_Coin.png

The SMG is a baby version of the Uzi, sharing some traits like high-velocity bullets and high inaccuracy. It's a good option if you prefer full-auto over the Clockwork Assault Rifle's burst fire.

The weapon sprite in the player's hand is half the size of the original sprite, like the Handgun and the Uzi.

jPvMaw0.png

Silenced Pistol

16 Ranged Damage
Weak Knockback
13 (Very Fast) Use Time

Tooltip:
Allows you to go into stealth mode

Sold by the Arms Dealer in Hardmode
Only available during the day of a new moon
25px-Moon-new.png

Price: 32
Gold_Coin.png

While inferior to even the Handgun in terms of raw damage, the Silenced Pistol makes up for it with stealth. Holding the Silenced Pistol while standing still for a second puts you into stealth mode, just like the Psycho Knife, granting you +250% damage, +30% crit chance and double knockback, as well as making you hidden from enemies. Your movement speed is significantly reduced in stealth. Stealth is removed after a shot, and must be engaged again by standing still for one second.

The weapon sprite in the player's hand is half the size of the original sprite, like the Handgun and the Uzi.

pk1haQz.png

Panzerschreck

48 Ranged Damage
Strong Knockback
35 (Very Slow) Use Time
Autofire

Sold by the Arms Dealer after the Mechanical Bosses are defeated
Always available
Price: 60
Gold_Coin.png

The Panzerschreck is a mid-game launcher that shoots slow-moving rockets with high damage. While it has almost identical damage to the Rocket Launcher, it has a much slower rate of fire - it's pretty much a rocket sniper!

i2Dp1YI.png

Tommy Gun

31 Ranged Damage
Average Knockback
10 (Very Fast) Use Time
Autofire

Tooltip:
25% chance to not consume ammo

Sold by the Arms Dealer after either the Mechanical Bosses are defeated or the Frost Legion is defeated
Always available
Price: 75
Gold_Coin.png

A competitor to the Megashark and the Uzi! The Tommy Gun has higher damage and knockback than both, but at the cost of fire rate and being relatively expensive to get. It's also not as accurate as the Megashark, but not as inaccurate as the Uzi. It also has a chance for free ammo, which is lower than the Megashark.

u3PUCkK.png

Battle Rifle

108 Ranged Damage
18% Crit Chance
Strong Knockback
23 (Fast) Use Time

Tooltip:

Sold by the Arms Dealer after Plantera is defeated
Only available during night time
Price: 1
Platinum_Coin.png

A sidegrade to the Sniper Rifle, the Battle Rifle has higher fire rate at the cost of less crit chance and damage per shot, as well as lacking a scoping ability. It shoots the same high velocity bullets as well.

MQqAy7n.png

Elephant Gun

340 Ranged Damage
32% Crit Chance
Very Strong Knockback
48 (Extremely Slow) Use Time

Tooltip:
Shoots an explosive, high velocity bullet

Sold by the Arms Dealer after the Lunar Event is defeated
Only available during the days of a waning gibbous or third quarter
25px-Moon-2.png
25px-Moon-3.png

Price: 2
Platinum_Coin.png

This anti-materiel rifle is the final evolution of the Sniper Rifle, with much higher damage and an even slower fire rate. One unique feature of this weapon is that the high velocity bullets it shoots are also explosive, like Exploding Bullets! These explosions are smaller and don't have as much knockback compared to regular Exploding Bullets.

gFiJWR0.png

Coach Gun

59 Ranged Damage
Very Strong Knockback
44 (Very Slow) Use Time

Tooltip:
"One more step and it'll be your last"

Sold by the Arms Dealer after the Lunar Event is defeated
Only available during the days of a waxing gibbous or first quarter
25px-Moon-8.png
25px-Moon-7.png

Price: 2
Platinum_Coin.png

The term "ranged" is rather misleading when it comes to this weapon, as it is in essence a melee gun. The Coach Gun is the end-game shotgun weapon, firing 7 pellets in a very wide spread. But that's not all - every pellet that successfully hits an enemy increases the damage of the other pellets by 4%! This bonus is applied additively, so two pellets hitting will increase the damage of the third by 8%, three pellets by 12%, etc. This means that, if all 7 pellets manage to land on an enemy, you will deal in total 112% extra damage.

VrCEi1k.png

AU-47
(get it because Au is gold on the periodic table)

81 Ranged Damage
Weak Knockback
8 (Insanely Fast) Use Time
Autofire

Tooltip:
90% chance to not consume ammo

Sold by the Arms Dealer after the Moon Lord is defeated
Always available
Price: 11
Platinum_Coin.png

With this gun, you're simply too rich to consume ammo.
It's also inaccurate like the Uzi. Just pay someone to aim for you instead.

oE7Vjdd.png

Excaliber

98 Ranged Damage
22% Crit Chance
Strong Knockback
38 (Very Slow) Use Time

Tooltip:
Right click to zoom out

Crafted with:
1x Illegal Gun Parts
Illegal_Gun_Parts.png

15x Hallowed Bar
Hallowed_Bar.png

15x Soul of Sight
Soul_of_Sight.gif

At a Mythril or Orichalcum Anvil

A Hallowed, lesser variant of the Sniper Rifle.

7ZpV4g7.png

Flak Cannon

28 Ranged Damage
Weak Knockback
28 (Average) Use Time

Crafted with:
1x Illegal Gun Parts
Illegal_Gun_Parts.png

8x Explosive Powder
Explosive_Powder.png

15x Iron or Lead Bar
Iron_Bar.png
Lead_Bar.png

20x Soul of Fright
Soul_of_Fright.gif

At a Mythril or Orichalcum Anvil

The Flak Cannon is a weapon that puts your shot-leading skils to the test. It shoots a rocket that explodes at the location of wherever the cursor was when you fired it, spawning 3 to 4 smaller explosions that happen one after another. These explosions deal the weapon's base damage. If the rocket hits anything beforehand, an enemy or a block, the extra explosions do not occur.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

And that's that. Let me know how you feel about my suggestion, especially the balance of it! I might even add more weapons in the future if people are interested.
Dude your pics are great! I love all of them!! and I agree for an arms dealer is doesn't sell tidilywink ( I know that's spelled wrong), infact most NPC's don't sell much.

Maybe for later game crafted bullets an arrows you can sell the blueprints to make them to him and then you can just buy them from the arms dealer anytime after that...for a price of course!

~ New weapons have joined the shootout! ~

2uEGV7v.png
ui28sm4.png
AMMpcjO.png

Check out these new guns and "guns" in the main post!​

Last edited:
As someone who loves Gungeon (and needs to play it more), I approve. More guns is always A Good, especially since there isn't a massive amount of saturation in that department overall.

Bullet Hell

This strange spell book summons physical bullets from an alternate dimension, where bullets are alive and dodge rolls reign supreme.

Surprised you didn't notice this reference, in that case.

Unless you did, but didn't mention it...

In other news, totally! You have my utmost support for this! I'm always down for more ranged weapons!

The SMG feels a bit underpowered, as it's available at the same time as the Uzi, which has about twice the DPS; and it's more expansive than the Shotgun, which also has higher DPS than the SMG and can be upgraded into the Onyx Blaster. It should be bought after defeating Skeletron or all pre-HM bosses (Except for the BoC or the EoW depending on the world).

The SMG feels a bit underpowered, as it's available at the same time as the Uzi, which has about twice the DPS; and it's more expansive than the Shotgun, which also has higher DPS than the SMG and can be upgraded into the Onyx Blaster. It should be bought after defeating Skeletron or all pre-HM bosses (Except for the BoC or the EoW depending on the world).
Now that's a good point. I didn't think about that.
Changed it now!

EDIT: The SMG has gotten a slight nerf, and is now available before Hardmode.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom