• King Slime

• Plantera

• Golem

• Duke Fishron

• Moon Lord

• Lunatic Cultist

Results are only viewable after voting.
Standing on water doesn't work.
That said, I'll try to improve the armor's weakness to make it a bit nicer to deal with.
thank u
by the way Bry-ccentric is a pretty good spriter maybe u could sea if they would be willing to help out the big reason i bring this up is because u said u needed help to finish your vanilla content before doing cross mod content and im really looking forward to sea-ing what u can do with queen jellyfish from thorium and leviathan/siren from calamity

so given that the miniboss expansion mod adds masks and treasure bags to minibosses in addition to the actual bosses and that u have stated that after u accomplish what u want to with vanilla bosses u will move onto cross mod support r there any future plans for support with miniboss expansion

Considering that we might have to fight the boss multiple times in order to acquire the whole set, I belive they should be more powerful and also require a third boss drop to craft the leggings.

NOTE: I haven't tested the whole mod.

>Eye of Cthulhu set
-I heard the immense roar after hitting an enemy with the dash but I couldn't manage to reproduce it anymore. I guess there is a really low chance of it to happen. Regardless, more constant, high-pitched and not-so-loud roar would be nice.
-The set could allow you to summon an eye being it with a special key or when struck by an enemy.
-There is no extra special effect when wearing the set with the Shield of Cthulhu.
-Overall look of the set is weird and could be a lot better.

>Brain of Cthulhu set
-Could have the illusion effect
-Could summon a creeper when damaged instead of a little acessorie-like brain.
-Could allow little "gravity-denying air-hoovering" when holding the jump button (just like the brain floats).
-There is no extra special effect when wearing the set with the Brain of Confusion.
-The mix of colors between pink and light purple on each side makes me feel like a joker rather than the Brain of Cthulhu.

>King Slime set
-The blue color doesn't match the original one.
-The chest piece is a suit and it looks silly.

>Queen Bee set
-Could release bees upon being struck by an enemy.
-Could allow limited flight.
-Chestpiere could look better with less yet thicker black lines
-Leggings could match the body more (no black stripes).

Considering that we might have to fight the boss multiple times in order to acquire the whole set, I belive they should be more powerful and also require a third boss drop to craft the leggings.
NOTE: I haven't tested the whole mod.
First, thanks a lot for the detailed feedback, do continue :)

I think most of the sets are a little too good, but maybe I'm biased, and if you can give me specifics, I will look into it.

As for the third boss drop, I wanted at first add something like the trophy, but since you already rely on RNG for the mask, I didn't want to add even more RNG on top, at least for the first time. So I don't think I'll change that.

Also, the expert item effect is integrated into the armor, so you don't need to wear the accessory. Wearing an accessory of the boss while you're the boss itself is redundant. It was made to free a slot while still keeping the effect.

The EoC roar is when you dash with low health into an enemy. Try it, it's worth it.

Yeah, I wanted to improve the looks of most of the sets, but haven't gotten around to find someone who could do it in a fitting way for now.

The BoC is the master of illusions, so you won't really see the illusions yourself, but you'll be a nightmare for enemies, for sure.
I wanted to avoid doing too much mobility enhancements for sets because I consider that's really powerful, so I limited them to only a few, and especially not the starter sets.

The bee set already releases bees when struck, but you need to have already some bees around. I couldn't make them appear without having some to begin with, since the weakness is when you don't have bees. You gotta produce some workers first before being able to have guards.(and to be fair, without that, this set is already one of the strongest and would be even more absurd)

"As for the third boss drop, I wanted at first add something like the trophy, but since you already rely on RNG for the mask, I didn't want to add even more RNG on top, at least for the first time. So I don't think I'll change that."
What I meant was: if you make the armors more powerful, you gotta balance it somehow otherwise it will be just OP - therefore, requiring a little more grinding would be perfect, and not just any grinding but fighting a boss once again! Plus, if you want to use that armor, it means you're weak and won't just rape the boss, you'll actually suffer to get it. In the ent, the set is great but most importantly, it is COOL and it was worth your effort!

"Also, the expert item effect is integrated into the armor, so you don't need to wear the accessory. Wearing an accessory of the boss while you're the boss itself is redundant. It was made to free a slot while still keeping the effect."
Yeah but... Why would I make the armor if all I'm gonna do is get the effect from the acessory? Sure, you're freeing an accessory space, but you're also occupying your entire armor set with a different one... Get what I'm saying? It's the same.

"The EoC roar is when you dash with low health into an enemy. Try it, it's worth it."
Cool, now I know how it works. However, I keep my recommendations on making it lower, high pitched and random, but keeping the current LOUD agressive one at low HP :^p

"Yeah, I wanted to improve the looks of most of the sets, but haven't gotten around to find someone who could do it in a fitting way for now."
Let's say I'm able to do so... Would you look into it and avaluate?

"The bee set already releases bees when struck, but you need to have already some bees around. I couldn't make them appear without having some to begin with, since the weakness is when you don't have bees. You gotta produce some workers first before being able to have guards.(and to be fair, without that, this set is already one of the strongest and would be even more absurd)"
giphy.gif

Know i said set bonuses

But like mini bosses like the pillars and stuff

I can list stats, i'll be glad to do it
Oh, well, I don't really intend on doing anything with those, they lack enough identity to do much with it. I'm more focused on improving the current ones.

Oh, well, I don't really intend on doing anything with those, they lack enough identity to do much with it. I'm more focused on improving the current ones.
ok..

can you inform me what all the sets do now?
i'd rather not test out everysingle known thing multiple times to figure out all the sets

ok..

can you inform me what all the sets do now?
i'd rather not test out everysingle known thing multiple times to figure out all the sets
The major effects are described in the first post, though if you want more details PM me, there's too much little things to list them from memory

V1.7 is out!

I had some external help to rework the innards of the mod and become easier to handle, thanks to Jofairden.
Also, since the shapes no longer use buffs, I added another way to get info for abilities. Will be extended later possibly.

Time to do more!

This mod is focused on becoming a shapeshifter by obtaining special powers. Armor sets are crafted from boss remains to impersonate them and mimic their abilities.

Most of the features are the armor set bonus, test out to discover the best way to use the armors at their full capacities.

Spriters needed to improve the quality of the sprites. Contact me if you feel confident about doing it.

-The Tainted Mirror. Gaze into yourself and reveal your own secrets!View attachment 217722

-The King Slime Shapeshifter's Armor. Become the ruler of the slimes!View attachment 196722
Grants you 2 slimes to fight for you. You can do a power jump if you charge it holding DOWN. Bounce on enemies. Weakness to fire.

-The Eye of Cthulhu Shapeshifter's Armor. Become the rage incarnate!View attachment 175429
Increases your combat ability the more you are damaged. Dashing heals you when enraged. Your vision is influenced by your health.
-The Eater of Worlds Shapeshifter's Armor. Become the corrupted worm!View attachment 175427
You get a stat boost in melee and ranged, as well as the power to summon small eaters when fighting, but you become very frail and can die easily from repeated hits.
-The Brain of Cthulhu Shapeshifter's Armor. Become the malicious brain!View attachment 175426
Greatly increases magic damage but nullifies mana regen, magic crit and increases mana cost. Mana instead gets refilled by tapping in weak minds or when you hit enemies with magic. You get random beneficial buffs by hurting enemies with magic.
-The Queen Bee Shapeshifter's Armor. Become the swarm queen!View attachment 176078
The bees are your servants. A queen is stronger with a bigger swarm to protect her.
The more bees you have, the more powerful and enduring you get, especially in ranged and throwing.
-The Skeletron Shapeshifter's Armor. Become the cursed guardian!View attachment 182119
Curses you during the night. Increases your throwing and magical powers in spite of all else.
Increases your throwing and magic power when cursed. You also summon skulls when hurt and can inflict shadowflame if you use bone weapons.
-The Wall of Flesh Shapeshifter's Armor. Become the hungry abomination!View attachment 180456
Seeing all the prey you can eat makes your body crave. Feed on the weak!
The more enemies and the closer they are, the more powerful your abilities are, especially melee. But that strength comes at a price : it also weakens your health and nullifies most ways to heal. Melee attacks drains health, close combat weapon drains more health than projectiles.
-The Mechamalgam Shapeshifter's Armor. Become the energy-powered amalgam!View attachment 180617
Your potential is huge but you need energy to make it work. Time to move!
The greater your velocity is, the more energy you gain. Once you are powered enough, your speed, minion slots and ranged damage gradually increase with your energy charge. Getting hurt makes you lose a bit of energy. You can also shoot lasers and cursed flameballs when you use ranged or minions attacks at the cost of some energy.
-The Plantera Shapeshifter's Armor. Become the evergrowing plant!View attachment 180814
The endless cycle of life continues. Time to use it to your advantage!
You constantly alternate between sleeping and awakened state. When sleeping, you are incredibly tough but deal very little damage, and when you are awakened, you get increased stats including melee and minion damage. Time of the day and location have an impact on your growing cycle, the jungle being the best place to maximize your awakened state. Be careful to not get affected by plant weaknesses like fire, ice or poison.
-The Golem Shapeshifter's Armor. Become the ancient construct!View attachment 181104
The ancient magic keeps you alive, but for how long?
You can dodge death with a 1 min cooldown, but you are weakened during the regeneration state. You shoot lasers sometimes, magic and melee powers are increased.
-The Duke Fishron Shapeshifter's Armor. Become the mutant fish!View attachment 181648
The power of the ocean surges in you!
You can only breathe correctly if you are in water, but rain can do the job as well. Be careful to frequently humidify yourself. You harness the ocean and thus, slightly better sharknados come to your aid and you spit bubbles when you use minions or throwing weapons.
-The Moon Lord Shapeshifter's Armor. Become the eldritch god!View attachment 181838
Harness the power of a celestial being. No evil shall stand before you!
The most powerfull being powers are in your hand, but you can't control your magic easily. Still, you get insanely increased powers, are able to control your gravity incredibly easily, can see almost everything with ease and are protected by the Eye. You are overpowered and deserve it!
-The Lunatic Cultist Shapeshifter's Armor. Become the mystic sorcerer!View attachment 182979 View attachment 183145
You can now use a catalyst to control the magical essence of the world!
This is it, the mysteries of magic unravel before your eyes. Well, partly at least... Using a catalyst, you can use the primordial principles of each essences of magic. Each one is a very potent magic that will allow you to bend the world to your will. You are now the most potent magical being, but it comes at a cost, so prepare your mana!

-reworking!

-Some rework?
-Searching for spriters...

V1.7 08/03/2019
-Implemented a whole new internal shape system(thanks Jofairden), added a way to analyze your own shape.
V1.6.5 14/04/2018
-Reworked King Slime, Eye of Cthulhu, Eater of World and Brain of Cthulhu's armors. Added a few new abilities and fixed a MP bug!
V1.6.4 16/03/2018
-Revamped the abilities of the Lunatic Shapearmor. You can still kill pillars through their shield with the shockwaves, that's intended!
V16.3.4
-Added Hamstar's Helpers support.
V1.6.3.3
-Made the Mechamalgam legs corruption free! Now you can get it even with a crimson world.
V1.6.3.2
-Added more info to the buff descriptions.
V1.6.3.1
-Changed the WoF Shapeplate recipe.
V1.6.3 11/09/2017
-Added a charged jump for King Slime's Armor.
-Fixed Duke Fishron's Armor damage type changes.
V1.6.2 10/09/2017
-Added Lunatic Cultist Armor.
V1.5.2
-Changed Skeletron Armor sprites.
-Updated to v0.10.1
V1.5 30/08/17
-Added Moon Lord Armor.
V1.4
-Added Duke Fishron Armor.
V1.3
-Added Golem Armor.
V1.2
-Added Plantera Armor.
V1.1.3
-Hotfix for the Laser bug with summons.
V1.1
-Added Mechamalgam Armor.
V1.0!
-Added Wall of Flesh Armor.
-Random fixes and changes.
V0.8
-Added Queen Bee Armor.
V0.6
-Added Eater of Worlds Armor.
-Added Brain of Cthulhu Armor.
V0.3.1
-Made some balancing.
V0.3
-Added Skeletron Armor.
V0.2
-Added Eye of Cthulhu Armor.
-Buffed King Slime Armor.
V0.1 19/02/2017
-Added King Slime Armor.
Discord server : https://discord.gg/jgV5euz
The mod is available on the mod browser and the github.

Big thanks to Re-Logic for Terraria
Blushiemagic, Jofairden and jopojelly for Tmodloader!
Eldrazi, raydeejay and everyone else who helped me during the creation of the mod.
Please remove expert items from the recipes, they are very annoying. :indifferent:
But other that, this is a great mod!

V1.7.3 is up there! I've reached a compromise and added recipes for expert mode items. Feel free to say if you think they should be tweaked, but now, everyone can enjoy it! Yay!

is it just me or can you simply charge the mechamalgam armor to 1k mph and have instantaneous map travel basicaly
id appreciate if the speed buff slightly affected the rate at which it ascends too

is it just me or can you simply charge the mechamalgam armor to 1k mph and have instantaneous map travel basicaly
id appreciate if the speed buff slightly affected the rate at which it ascends too
Yes, currently the armor is uncapped... though I do need to make something about it

can you also make the armor give you a buff/debuff to show you what state it's in like plantera awakened or unawakened bc i usually store armor in the vanity section and so i don't see the actual armor i use

in regard to the cap i think you could simply make the energy give less speed as you gain more energy, like a sqrt function

i also noticed that if you use smart cursor and hold a block when you have a high charge on the mech armor, it makes the game run slowly

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom