Mobile The Sharanga is too OP

Should the Sharanga be removed?

• Yes, it’s too OP. We have the Molten Fury as a Hell-teir bow.

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • No. It’s about as good as the Ice Bow or Marrow except you can get it slightly earlier.

Votes: 11 78.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's not OP in my opinion, it's just ideal if you want a challange. I did the mechs with this thing and it was doable, yes, but really hard. Hard to the point that you just want to give up. So pure for that purpose it should exist.

It's not OP in my opinion, it's just ideal if you want a challange. I did the mechs with this thing and it was doable, yes, but really hard. Hard to the point that you just want to give up. So pure for that purpose it should exist.
It overpowers the bow of that tier by a significant margin without adding any difficult to obtain ingredients. It should be gated a little further at least. Hell the crystal storm should be gated back to it's proper place as well.

True, the repeaters and guns are better, but just the fact that you can kill Plantera with it is crazy. Also, I tested both of them and the Sharanga was slightly better than the Megashark. When I tried Cursed Bullets the Megashark was much better
You can kill Plantera with a copper shortsword. Your point?

In my opinion, the Sharangan should stay right where it is. Because for those who knew the struggle of getting that much Hellstone, dodging lava and dying a few times in the process plus dodging those damn Hell Bats, I say it was worth the trouble. Almost like all the hard work and you sure as hell earned a weapon this powerful. For others, they saw it as a way to defeat the Wall Of Flesh when other weapons wouldnt work (in their respective knowledge, so respect how they play). Besides I'm pretty sure anyone who got a Positive Modifier on a Clockwork Assault Rifle as their first drop got really happy as the DPS and the "Consumes 1 Bullet per 3 fired" beat the Sharanga. Sure, Wooden arrows are technically free in the game, but bullets just do more damage and are faster. But if you dont mind firing Spectral Arrows all the time, be my guest. Soon I'm pretty sure youll wanna fire anything other than Spectral.

TBH I think it should stay as is. It took forever to get, and is easily outclassed by other weapons. Besides, and i believe im speaking for a lot of people, I ditched my Sharanga as soon as i got cobalt.

The Sharanga, a pre-Hardmode, Hell tier, console/mobile exclusive bow. It has a base damage of 35, very fast speed, and turns all arrows into Spectral Arrows which do 16 damage and inflict Cursed Inferno. 35 + 16 = 51

“If you’re crafting this pre-Hardmode you’re a GOD; and if you craft this in Hardmode, then you can probably fight enimies that are a reasonable distance, you can definitely—definitely fend off some of the enimies…” —ChippyGaming

Okay, sounds just like all Hell-teir weapons: insane in pre-Hardmode, okay in Hardmode. Why is it so OP?

Well think about it, it’s pre-Hardmode, and it will carry you all the way past Plantera. You can kill Skeletron Prime with this and a normal early Hardmode loadout. You can easily kill PLANTERA with an early-Hardmode pre-Mech loadout: https://everyplay.com/videos/22958161

This weapon needs to be nerfed or removed. I think it should be removed; it’s cool, but there’s no reason to make the Molten Fury when you can get this.
molten fury always sucked. and it's one of the only thing we can hold over the pc raisins, so we gotta keep it. in fact, you're probably just a pc raisin who's jealous.

So throwing away balance is something to hold over the PC version? If the molten fury did indeed suck then the more logical option would be buffing the molten fury right?
"throwing away balance?" the sharanga has less damage than the star cannon, with it's 55 damage. that's equal to the true excalibur. so if you're talking unbalanced, complain about the star cannon.

"throwing away balance?" the sharanga has less damage than the star cannon, with it's 55 damage. that's equal to the true excalibur. so if you're talking unbalanced, complain about the star cannon.
Star cannon has a much less plentiful ammo source and the ammo reduces damage by one. The sharanga can turn basic wooden arrows into spectral arrows. Spectral arrows deal 16 or 18 damage depending on the version and inflicts a debuff that fewer enemies are immune to, cursed inferno.

Basically the star cannon is like the pre hardmode coin gun, expensive ammo but high power.

Lets start asking 505 for better mobile bosses, and to remove these.

Back on Topic: If we change the Sharanga in anyway, lets gate it to post 1 mech , so make it require something from the red devils, or lava bats.
Actually a more awesome sprite with better loot balancing would suffice.

As for your gating solution I think it might work. As long as it's not in the same tier as the molten fury I'll be content.

Back
Top Bottom