Weapons & Equip The Shroomerang is currently pointless

Helix002

Official Terrarian
It honestly doesn't look like anyone's brought this up yet, but the Shroomerang has no use in it's current state. It's got worse stats than the ice boomerang and is exponentially harder to get. A 1% drop rate from one enemy in the glowing mushroom biome is a miniscule chance, and I've still yet to have one drop. It's also apparently available in gold chests found around(?) glowing mushroom biomes but I've yet to find one there either. It's simply got no use when compared to something like the ice boomerang.

It's also very unremarkable in it's current state, as it has no unique abilities. Maybe a nice buff would be for it to create a mushroom projectile (the ones used by the mushroom spear/hammush) at the apex of it's course. Or maybe just buff it's damage. Or increase it's drop rate. JUST GIVE IT SOMETHING.

TL;DR shroomerang is pointless and unremarkable, buff please.

More pre-hardmode melee weapons could do with projectiles in general to be honest. Night's Edge isn't even worth using over the Enchanted Sword or Starfury from my experience. Autoswing, piercing and maybe a damage boost would do well for the Shroomerang.

More pre-hardmode melee weapons could do with projectiles in general to be honest. Night's Edge isn't even worth using over the Enchanted Sword or Starfury from my experience.

After its 1.4.1 buff the Night's Edge is amazing, it can kill the Wall of Flesh faster than most weapons of its tier at the cost of range.

Side note has anyone managed to get this thing to drop from spore bats? I've killed over 250 and have yet to have one drop an item.

EDIT Got a depth meter from one, so I guess I'm just really unlucky.

EDIT EDIT Got one on my 314th spore bat. This is ridiculous.

Last edited:
I like the idea of it spawning stationary projectiles. My own twist on that would be that it leaves a trailing cloud of spores (visually similar to what the Truffle attacks with) that persist for about 5 seconds and deal low, non-piercing damage, as well as carrying any debuffs from flasks, magma stone tinkers, and the Frost Armor. Only problem here is that it's starting to sound powerful enough that it should be moved to hardmode so the spores can deal meaningful damage.

Anyway, I found mine in a gold chest within a glowing mushroom biome. I suppose a crafting recipe would be cool, but this might just be one of those weapons that just supposed to be a "huh, neat" if you just happen to find it at the right time, kinda like the Bone Sword or Ice Boomerang.

Back
Top Bottom