Weapons & Equip The Shroomerang (Sprite)

Is this a good idea?

• I love it!

Votes: 34 42.5%
  • Its good.

Votes: 40 50.0%
  • It could use some work.

Votes: 6 7.5%
  • I don't like it.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Early armor(Lead/Iron, Copper/Tin, etc.) in general.
All they give is a defense boost, meaning all classes can use them.
glowing mushrooms=shroomite. ranged armor
ectoplasm=spectre. magic armor
turtle shells=turtle armor. melee armor.
I could go on, but you get the point. why can it be a ranged weapon, instead of an out of place melee weapon? I feel the same about the mushroom spear, the the hamush, the digging claws, and the random spectre paint brushes and paint scraper. theyre out of plave, and shouldn't exist. I don't really like the idea of the shroomerang.

glowing mushrooms=shroomite. ranged armor
ectoplasm=spectre. magic armor
turtle shells=turtle armor. melee armor.
I could go on, but you get the point. why can it be a ranged weapon, instead of an out of place melee weapon? I feel the same about the mushroom spear, the the hamush, the digging claws, and the random spectre paint brushes and paint scraper. theyre out of plave, and shouldn't exist. I don't really like the idea of the shroomerang.
By that logic, pre-Hardmode ore armors should only be melee items/weapons, and wood should be only ranged items/weapons.
Yes, people can still specialize pre-Hardmode.

Point is, the armor doesn't decide what weapons and etc. it could be made into. If it worked that way, entire tiers of items could be skipped over because you could only find the ore for another class.

By that logic, pre-Hardmode ore armors should only be melee items/weapons, and wood should be only ranged items/weapons.
Yes, people can still specialize pre-Hardmode.

Point is, the armor doesn't decide what weapons and etc. it could be made into. If it worked that way, entire tiers of items could be skipped over because you could only find the ore for another class.
i don't mind it in preharmode. but it doesn't make sense why the mushroom guy is like "hi! you only need me if youre going to play a ranged character! have this spear! and this hammer!" see what I mean?
[DOUBLEPOST=1449260654,1449260618][/DOUBLEPOST]honestly I have nothing against any of the weapons, other than the fact that they seem out of place.

index.php

The Shroomerang
10 Damage
5% Critical Chance
7 Knockback
15 Velocity
17 Use Time

The Shroomerang is a weapon that does a small amount of damage, but makes up for it with an extremely low use time and very high velocity. It also leaves a sparkling blue trail of spores when it flies that do 3 damage per second. This trail fades within a few seconds.

The Shroomerang can uncommonly be found in abandoned cabins in mushroom biomes.

Thank you Hunited for your amazing boomerang sprite!

If you enjoyed, please leave a comment, like, opinion, or even check out some of my other threads if you want! ;)
the sprite could use a tad bit of work, but otherwise it's a good suggestion

Back
Top Bottom