Is the site slower than usual for you?

• Yes

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • No

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters

IndigoGollum

The Destroyer
It could just be me but the site seems really slow lately. It seems to take way longer to post a reply to a thread after I hit the button. If it helps, I'm using the mobile version of the site.

The mobile version of the site is pretty buggy. Use the PC browser, it runs faster AND is easier to type on.

It could just be me but the site seems really slow lately. It seems to take way longer to post a reply to a thread after I hit the button. If it helps, I'm using the mobile version of the site.
So far, it’s running normally for me. I’m on iPad right now. On your phone, are you using a browser and entering the site at the forums.terraria.org url? Or have you installed the PWA (progressive web app) of the forums and entering it using the “app” on your phone? (PWA doesn’t work on iOS devices).

I haven't tried the PWA, I'm just using the site in Google Chrome on my Android phone. If I remember later I'll try the app when I have time.

I've noticed a few problems on mobile as well, but some of the problems I'm experiencing are also on other sites as well, so I think some stuff is just issues with either Chrome or Samsung Keyboard. The site seems fine on my laptop though, so I'm thinking it might be an issue related to something off the forums, unless there are multiple problems going on at the same time. Anyway, here's a list of the different things I've noticed, and the device I've noticed this on is a Samsung tablet running Android 11.

• Threads loading slower when certain users have posted in them.
  • The screen going completely white, only being fixed by opening another page such as browser settings, or by changing to incognito mode and back.
  • The screen going partly white. The part of the screen being white is also the exact size of the keyboard, and in the same location the keyboard appears.
  • Normally the site automatically scrolls when clicking on a text box so the text box is in view, even when the keyboard is showing, but sometimes it doesn't do that, preventing me from seeing what I'm typing.

Those are all of the issues I can remember right now, so if anyone knows what might be causing them it would be nice to hear.

The only reason it looks for me slowly is either the site is either full of activity or overloaded sigs or my internet is being a twenty megaton douche.

Back
Top Bottom