NPCs & Enemies The Slime Scientist NPC

Should this be added to Terraria?

• Yes, the male one should be added but without the gelatite stuff.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
People have thought of a slime NPC but here is my two cents. Here come the scrub patrol everypeeps.

When he/she moves in:
When mechanical King Slime is killed. There are so many threads suggesting this so I'm not going to contribute one. Just pick the best one. Or you could be boring and have him/her move in after normal King Slime is killed ;( You would find him/her bound in the underground of your world evil (corruption/crimson) but if somehow you had already purified your world then you would find him/her in the normal underground.

What he/she looks like:
These are my concepts.
Slime_Scientist.png
Slime_Scientist2.png

This also includes a new type of bar! Gelatite!
Gelatite_Bar.png
Tell me how I can improve this texture if you want.
Also Gelatite Armor for the memes. Texture could use some fine-tuning lol.
Gelatite_armor.png

I also changed the Terraria Steampunker texture and made a video, but I lost all my editing work and didn't try again and the Steampunker seemed determined to stay in the exact same spot the whole time, so in the end it turned out kinda junk. But here it is:

He/she sells:
Slime Staff for 1-10 platinum.
Slime in a Bottle (kinda like the Toxic Flask but creates a slime when it hits something) for 5 silver.
Slime Hook for 50 silver.
Rainbow Bricks for 1-10 gold (only after a Rainbow Slime has been killed).
The Ninja set for about 50 silver each.
Gel for 5 copper.
Slime Statue for around 5 gold.
Slime Gun for 20 silver.
Slime Nuke (something like the explosives but when it explodes it creates a large amount of slimes?) for maybe like 70 silver or there abouts?
Pink Gel (only after Pinky has been killed) for 5 silver.
Slime Crown for 70 silver.
Gelatite Synthesizer (turns shroomite bars into gelatite bars) for 1 platinum.
More sells to come, such as more new items and more King Slime drops. Feel free to suggest down below, I would GREATLY appreciate it.

He/she defends themselves with a blue version of the Toxic Flask.

He/she says:
(When found) "Thank you for rescuing me! Those crimslimes/slimers are fascinating. I'll have to study them further in the future."
"I was mind controlled by the slimes. This slime here, on my head? He was put there to keep me in check. His hold on my mind has been broken though."
"I'm really sorry for making that mechanical King Slime, I hope he didn't damage your armor."
(If a rainbow slime hasn't been killed) "I have heard tales of a rare slime that changes color rapidly. I would like to learn more."
(If Goblin Tinkerer is present) "Me and (name of Goblin Tinkerer) have become good friends. We share a love of inventing and lab coats."
"The slimes decided I was too old and senile to be their scientist. I'm only in my mid thirties!"
(If female) "Of course I dye my hair! Purple hair is scientifically impossible!"
(If female and the Stylist is not present) "I used to get my purple hair dye from a stylist with pink hair. I wonder where she got to, we used to be good friends."
(If female and the Stylist is present) "Thank you for saving my friend (name of Stylist) from that spider cave! It's so nice to see her again, and not to have to make my own hair dye!"
(If female and it's the Blood Moon) "Don't bug me! I'm trying to think of an experiment!"
(If female and it's the Blood Moon) "Don't you have better things to be doing than running around annoying everybody?!"

Just to be clear the reason there is two sprites is I'm not sure which is better, or whether to have it be a female or male. Pick which is better in the poll at the top!

All of this thread is just concepts to give you an idea of what this NPC might be like if it was added and all can and probably will be subject to change if this is added.

If you would like to support, just paste this image into your signature and link it to this page! I am thankful.
ScientistSuggestionBanner.png

Attachments

• SlimeScientist.png
    SlimeScientist.png
    3.7 KB · Views: 231
Last edited:
Good idea i think slimes need to be concentrated on more after all they are the first enemy but mechanical king slime isn't my favourite

He/she sells King Slime and mechanical King Slime drops, as well as other slime related stuff. Maybe they could even sell the slime staff for like 1 platinum or something.

Fun idea.. but if all it does is sell one or two original items and a bunch of stuff you can obtain in other ways then he doesn't serve much of a purpose.

If i am right in assuming that mech King Slime is battled at the same time as the other Mech bosses, Then this is underpowered, in a big way.
If this is a pre-hardmode boss, then the loot still needs a facelift. Add more unique items, rather than the King Slime drops. (If adding weapons, then make at least one for each class. Fairly good otherwise. Also, the video is broken.

I support this! My only question is if the Gelatite is a hardmode ore, what could it do for the player since it is made out of Gel, which is, and I quote from the Gel tooltip, 'Both tasty and flammable' . Slimes are not that durable, and you'd burn in the underworld, so what advantage it could give makes me quite curious! You have my support either way!

I support this! My only question is if the Gelatite is a hardmode ore, what could it do for the player since it is made out of Gel, which is, and I quote from the Gel tooltip, 'Both tasty and flammable' . Slimes are not that durable, and you'd burn in the underworld, so what advantage it could give makes me quite curious! You have my support either way!
Hmmmmm... good points. Good points. Well it's not like this is going to be added anyway, so I have stopped work on it, but there is a good chance I will make a mod out of this some day. So I'm grateful for your pointing out those things.

Back
Top Bottom