WIP The Slime That Thought

TheQuietBisharp

Official Terrarian
I woke up in a pile of sludge and filth. "What manner of chemical reaction could do this?" I wondered to myself. The only instinct that came to me was to hop. I began on a journey to who knows where for who knows why.

I first came to a land where gritty grains began getting stuck in my body. All I could feel was the intense sunlight burning my... gel?... Whatever this sun was, I knew I couldn't live in it. I quickened my hopping pace to try and get somewhere else.

I found myself in a shaded land with trees reaching to the sky. The first living thing I came across was a bunny. He looked at me, then sniffed me. I halted. He attempted to put his paw in me. "Silly little thing," I thought to myself. I began sucking him into my body. He struggled at first, but then realized his demise and gave up the fight. I sat here, content with my meal, and digested until the next day.

After the sun rose, I decided to continue on my journey. I came across a man chopping down a tree but making little progress. Another man seemed to be guiding him on what to do. "Pah," I thought, "Intruders. Why don't I have a little fun then?" I jumped on the axe-wielder's head. He scrambled around, frantically screaming and swinging his axe. The guide ducked, narrowly dodging a blow to his head. "Calm down. It's only a slime," the guide soothingly said. I threw a part of myself into the guide's mouth. "Eugh! Kill it already you noob!" the guide screamed. With one final swing the other man whirled around with the axe. It got lodged within the tree he was cutting. The tree proceeded to get cut and fall upon the two men. "That's enough fun for today," I thought. I continued hopping wherever the world would take me.

My adventures brought my to an icy land where the sun almost never shined. I enjoyed the feel of the cold on my gel, so I decided I'd stay here a bit longer. A pack of icy slimes hopped past, so I decided to follow. They jumped down into a cavern, seemingly looking for something. I tagged back. They went ever deeper into the caves, as the undead increased in population. Eventually they reached an icy room lit by a cold light. A small pink slime was on top of a pedestal. This small one seemed to be the leader of this clan. I decided I wanted to be a leader, so I hopped onto the small pink one. I sucked his mass into mine, growing in power and size as I did. The icy slimes didn't know what to think and ran off into the cavern. I decided I had enough of this biome so I moved onto the next.

After trekking through more snow than Pennsylvania ever got in a winter, I came across a sweltering, muddy land. I looked behind me to see a blizzard developing in the snowy land. If slimes had shoulders I would've shrug them, but I just hopped on. Night was upon me, and the creatures around seemed restless. The plants tripled in numbers and I heard grunts in every crevice. I sensed that the moon had turned red, as is the fashion of mobs in this world. I was in the Blood Moon. Suddenly a shotgun blast ripped through the night. I looked to see that the incompetent human had some reinforcements. A woman with a bad attitude and a crazy man with a shotgun had joined the ranks of the guide and axe maniac. "I'll need some reinforcements of myself if I want to win this time..." I pondered. A few zombies shambled past to the humans. "Just what I needed!" I jiggled in glee. I hopped on the head of one, ready for a fight. "This is gonna be fun!" I thought.

My legion of the undead shambled at the humans. The lady with the 'tood was healing the axe guy (let's call him Axel) as we appoached. "Easy kill," I thought. Suddenly the woman brandished a medical saw. She started sawing at a mossy zombie next to my ride, sending blood and vegetation everywhere. "I guess they've been preparing... That doesn't mean I can't have a little fun." The lady made a guttural growl. "That's your girl," the guide smirked. In response the gunman shot a round right over the guide's head. "Hey!" Axel cried. "We're kinda in the middle of the apocalypse." Seeing my chance, I jumped on the gunman. He started shooting up in the air in an attempt to shake me off. In the confusion he nailed a beehive with a direct hit. Figuring I worked my mischief, I hopped off. I knew I'd come in contact with them again. A loud scream echoed from behind me. "Or maybe not," I thought.

Continuing on, I found myself in a land that pulsated like it was alive, yet not. The land was perfect for me to grow, a moist environment with matter to feed on everywhere. Monstrous spiders swarmed around me and humanoids with gaping mouths ran around biting everything in sight. "Chaotic... Exactly what I like." I sucked in enough of the fleshy environment to grow twice my size. "It seems there is something here... That isn't quite ready..." I observed. "Well, I've had enough of this place," I thought. "Off we go."

I'd found my way into a cave illuminated with mushrooms of an iridescent blue. The mushrooms had a certain sense to them, as if they knew I was there. A small clan of mushrroms seemingly jumped to life and approached me. They began hopping. "Weird," I thought. "At least they aren't hostile." A taller mushroom man slid down a towering mushroom tree. "Welcome to my kingdom!" he shouted. "My mush children tell me you've had quite the adventure. I know, I know, you probably have no idea what's going on. You don't understand why I'm talking to you, a simple slime. Yet in this land, we are supreme. They think it's Cthulhu or Duke Fishron, but it's actually mee--GAHHH! Get offa my face you sicko!" the mushroom man cried. I sat on his face, letting my digestive juices go to work. "Too much of a talker..." I thought. All the mush children, as he called gathered around me. "I guess I have some allies now?" I questioned to myself. "I probably shouldn't judge how mushrooms choose their leaders."

I haven't written in a long while. ShouldI continue? Again?

Last edited:
I remember trying to do something similar, but with an eater of souls and a darker feelings, but ehh... didn't turn out well.
It's ok, nothing extra ordinary and not horrifying.
It's unsettling that the slime is casually bouncing around and is achieving great success without a sweat... (Forget killing Pinky, FINDING Pinky!)
I can tell things are starting to get harsh, but just so you know. :)

I remember trying to do something similar, but with an eater of souls and a darker feelings, but ehh... didn't turn out well.
It's ok, nothing extra ordinary and not horrifying.
It's unsettling that the slime is casually bouncing around and is achieving great success without a sweat... (Forget killing Pinky, FINDING Pinky!)
I can tell things are starting to get harsh, but just so you know. :)
Thanks! I know I'm nothing of the caliber of Razor Knight and such but it is a pleasant release to writing this.

Nono, don't ever compare yourself to other writers, or anyone else in general. (Unless there is a specific reason to)
Just try to spice things up a bit. ;)
I feel it keeps me down to earth and it stops me from growing a big ego.

It is just the adventure of a slime, I don't know how to make it extremely interesting but I'll try.

Interesting, I'll give you that.
I would like to see more. So far this has been a typical story of a Terrarian slime, but it seems to be heading in a new direction. Very original.

Interesting, I'll give you that.
I would like to see more. So far this has been a typical story of a Terrarian slime, but it seems to be heading in a new direction. Very original.
Thanks! My inspiration came from the Pokédex entry of children becoming Kadabra, so I applied that to Terraria.

Great. Story.
of course, all stories with slimes killing things are the best. 200/100%
(BTW, 199% of that came from this being about a slime)

Back
Top Bottom