NPCs & Enemies The Slimeologist npc

LastBull

Terrarian
Hi guys, LastBull here with my first ever thread so please when I ask how to do something on these forums, since I'm knew to this forum. Constructive criticism is wanted, and the thread is not done yet, so sprites and suggestions are great. Anyway, now for the actual thread

The Slimeologist
So as you people probably know the king slime is very unneeded for your adventure in terraria, and therefore some people actually skip the boss, but this npc will hopefully make more people challange the king slime and add a new quest npc. When you kill the king slime there will be blue slines that spawn with a woman with black hair and a labcoat. If this slime falls in lava then both the slime and npc will die and then a new one would spawn. There can only be one on a screen per time. When you kill the slime the woman will spawn with stars floating around her head. When she is like this she is un killable. If you use dynamite on ger the blocks below her wont break. When you talk to her she will then say one of these:

"... ... Oh... Sorry. No chance you have a spare house around? Yes? Great."

"Huh. Wha. Where am I? Oh hello. Please tell me you have somewhere I can stay. You do? Terrific!"

Even if there is no space they will just go around your spawn point and wander around until there is. She will then, similar to the angler, give you quests everyday about killing certain unique slimes that you will only see if a quest is going on that includes them. Once you have killed a message will pop up saying "You have killed the (slime name).". Then you can go back to the slimeologist to claim your reward.

The Slimes
(All Slimes will have same speed and hp as normal Slimes)
(Sprites would be amazing!)

Camo Slime:
Desc: A Slime with army camo pattern
Quote: I've never actually seen this slime before, but I know it exists. I mean I felt something slimy at the bottom of my leg once, but nothing was there, and yet after the feeling faded my leg was covered with slime. He must have the advantage of camouflage on his side. When you kill it, I'll make sure you're rewarded fairly

British Slime:
index.php

Thanks to @JohnDaTerrarian for the sprite.
Quote: I... I have no explanation... Just kill it for me for research

Burger Slime:
Desc: A Slime that looks like a burger with the ingredients and such.
Quote: I think this slime mutated into a burger but I really don't know. I would just suggest to not eat it...

Gold Slime:
Desc: Just a goldish coloured Slime
Quote: All that glitters is not gold. Like this one, becuase it's a slime...

Silver Slime:
Desc: Just a silverish coloured Slime

Bronze Slime:
Desc: Just a bronzish coloured Slime

Platinum Slime:
Desc: Just a platinumish coloured Slime
If only these dropped coins.

Cthuluhu Slime:
Desc: A slime that looks like a demon eye.
Quote: I was doing a a experiment with a demon eye and a slime and while I had my back turned they just fused together and ran away. Please just find it, I need the research.

Zebra Slime:
Desc: A slime that has the same pattern as a zebra does.

Leopard Slime:
Desc: A slime that has the same pattern as a leopard does

Clown Slime:
Desc: White Slime with a red nose and orange hair.
Quote: I was just walking peacefully when I saw this. I have a phobia of clowns, and red noses, so you can imagine I was pretty scared. Help me get my revenge by killing this slime for me.

Virus Slime:
Desc: Light green slime with dark green veins covering its body.
Quote: Just wash your hands after you have killed it for me...

Need more suggestions for the Slimes.

Loot
  • 1/7 500 Slime blocks
  • 1/7 Slime chest
  • 1/7 Slime lantern
  • 1/7 Slime candle
  • 1/7 Slime clock
  • 1/7 Slime candelabra
  • 1/7 Slime bathtub
  • 1/7 Slime door
  • 1/7 Slime table
  • 1/7 Slime chair
  • 1/15 Slime hook
  • 1/20 Blue slime staff (Same AI as green slime pet but does not attack)
  • 1/100 Pinky staff (Same AI as green slime pet but is more speedy and does one damage)
  • 1/10 Slime helmet (2 defence)
  • 1/10 Slime chest plate (3 defence)
  • 1/10 Slime grieves (1 defence)
  • 1/25 Slime Cape
  • 1/40 Slime Crown
  • 1/8 Microscope (decoration)
  • 1/30 Syringe (accsessory that gives you a 5% chance of poisoning a mob you hit)
  • 1/20 Zebra Slime wall trophy
  • 1/20 Leopard Slime wall trophy
  • 1/20 British Slime wall trophy
  • 1/25 Bronze Slime table trophy (Looks like trophys you get at competitions in real life but smaller and has a bronze slime carved on it)
  • 1/50 Silver Slime table trophy
  • 1/75 Gold Slime table trophy
  • 1/100 Platinum Slime table trophy
  • 1/12 Bouncy potion (Mobs take knock back when you touch them. Lasts 2 minutes)
  • 1/4 100 swampwood (Greenish wood)
  • 1/30 Slime wings (hard mode)
Milestones:
  • 5: Solidifier
  • 10: Slime ring (5 defence from all Slimes including king slime)
  • 20: Gel gun (Medium shooting speed, slows enemies that are shot for twenty seconds, uses gel for ammo
  • 25: Slime necklace (like ring but with 7 defence)
  • 40: Slime amulet (like ring but 10 defence)
  • 50: Slime reeler (A blue rope with a grappling claw at the end. Travels 20 blocks. Reels mobs towards you if they are attached onto the mob. Does not work on bosses. Can be useful if you like to reel in pet bunnies like me :D)
  • 60: King slime staff (Summons a slime with a baby ninja inside it that throws shurukans which can't be picked up and do the same amount of damage as normal shurukans. It's like the frost hydra a bit.)

Crafting:

Slime charm (Crafted at tinkerers work shop with slime amulet, ring and necklace that gives 20 defence from Slimes.)

Swampwood furniture (All normal furniture but with a greenish hue. Uses the same amount of wood you would use for the normal wooden counterparts of the furniture

There you have it folks. Of course. This thread is far from finished so sprites, suggestions and constructive criticism are greatly appreciated! Remember this npc, if killed, will just respawn like other NPCs.

Last edited:
Interesting idea, definitley. What about the ninga gear?its a reference ya know.It needs more slime suggestions, and maybe some (if raining in hardmode , rainbow slime, or kill pinky) normal slime kills.How about the Dragon Slime, and maybe a few more reward ideas

Dude, here I have some ideas for the slimes.
Wooly Slime: covered in wool
Musical Slime: black, looks like a quaver.
Psychedelic Slime: changes color similarly to a Rainbow Slime, but more psychedelic (you know, like, LSD).
Cubic Slime: similar to a Minecraft Slime (could be a reference).
Brick Slime: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d1/Brick_wall_close-up_view.jpg
Smile Slime: a normal looking slime with a big smile.
Watermelon Slime: that's obvious.
Flag Slimes: there could be one for each language: England (and/or American), Spain, Germany, Italy, France.
Chest Slime: brown slime with graphical features of a chest. Does not work like a mimic, of course.
Teleport Slime: orange and blue, it teleport randomly near the player.
Comet Slime: falls from the sky, is brown and has sparks like Meteor Heads.
Disguislime: http://www.americanmeeting.net/imag...line/Military/Mimetic-Forest_artwork_full.jpg
Mech Slime: just a slime with some cogs or bolts.
Sleeping Slime: a normal slime with a bubble with "zzz". Does not move.
Burger Slime: a slime similar to an hamburger, with all the ingredients (meat, salad, tomatoes, fries...)
Slimerunner: a slime with four short legs.
Gem Slimes: slimes with a visible (but not collectible) gem. In particular, the slime should be a different colour from the gem (a green slime has a ruby, for example).
Static Slime: https://scarlettracery.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/8-1162915-television-static.jpg
Matrix Slime: http://images.wired.it/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/1413474840_Matrix-Wallpapers.jpg
Clown Slime: a slime with the features of a clown (white, red nose, a little cap, orange fuzzy hair...).
Slimenati: triangle green slime with an eye.
Do you like them?

You should give clever little descriptions of the slimes, much like the angler does as he's giving you the quest.
For example;
Camo Slime: I've never actually seen this slime before, but I know it exists. I mean I felt something slimy at the bottom of my leg once, but nothing was there, and yet after the feeling faded my leg was covered with slime. He must have the advantage of camouflage on his side. When you kill it, I'll make sure you're rewarded fairly

Cool, but I feel strange for the ultimate reward to be a fishing rod. How about... the "slimeproof net"? It can capture every pre-HM slimes -they aren't very storng anyway, so, that's not OP, and then you can put them in terraria -that's the plural of terrarium, too-. You can upgrade it with 5 ectoplasm, 5 chloro bars and the regular net into the spectre net, being a lot bigger than both, and able to catch not only critters and pre-HM slimes, but also every HM ones, such as crimslimes.

You should give clever little descriptions of the slimes, much like the angler does as he's giving you the quest.
For example;
Camo Slime: I've never actually seen this slime before, but I know it exists. I mean I felt something slimy at the bottom of my leg once, but nothing was there, and yet after the feeling faded my leg was covered with slime. He must have the advantage of camouflage on his side. When you kill it, I'll make sure you're rewarded fairly
Yes. I will surely try and do that!
[DOUBLEPOST=1433963978,1433963899][/DOUBLEPOST]
Cool, but I feel strange for the ultimate reward to be a fishing rod. How about... the "slimeproof net"? It can capture every pre-HM slimes -they aren't very storng anyway, so, that's not OP, and then you can put them in terraria -that's the plural of terrarium, too-. You can upgrade it with 5 ectoplasm, 5 chloro bars and the regular net into the spectre net, being a lot bigger than both, and able to catch not only critters and pre-HM slimes, but also every HM ones, such as crimslimes.
Good idea!

I love this idea, but there's a couple of things I'm not sure about:
a) Personally, I don't think you should get rid of the ninja inside the slime as it is a reference and it is the only way to get the ninja outfit. I agree with the slimeologist arriving after king slime has been killed, but maybe not from inside the slime.
b) Would the slime ring, necklace and amulet be combinable with something else at tinkerer's workshop (maybe an existing charm/ring, or one of the shields)? At the moment they seem pretty useless on their own.
I understand. Should I make her findable a bit like the mechanic after you beat king Slime?

That reason that some people skip this boss is the same thing as queen bee : too rare.

She should give you unique item on certain quest like : slime hook on 10th complete quest.
and slime are appear around the day you can walk around until you find one without talking to her unlike angler npc that you need to talk to him to know specific place to fish.

Slime idea :
Samurai slime - slime wear samurai helmet.
Bomb slime - slime look like bomb.
Soldier slime - slime wear military helmet.

I understand. Should I make her findable a bit like the mechanic after you beat king Slime?
Maybe after you defeat king slime, one of the blue slime carry her with him?

I cant really imagine what the rewards would be like. The angler usually gives items related to fishing, but slime's aren't real. Maybe jelly fishing rewards and you get sponge bob's jelly fishing net.

the desc need more info, like the angler always has a clue on where to find the fish.
The desc is what they look like. And ATM there are no biome specific slimes anyway.
[DOUBLEPOST=1433972445,1433972390][/DOUBLEPOST]
I cant really imagine what the rewards would be like. The angler usually gives items related to fishing, but slime's aren't real. Maybe jelly fishing rewards and you get sponge bob's jelly fishing net.
I'm thinking biology based deco's but I can't think of any.
[DOUBLEPOST=1433972624][/DOUBLEPOST]
That reason that some people skip this boss is the same thing as queen bee : too rare.

She should give you unique item on certain quest like : slime hook on 10th complete quest.
and slime are appear around the day you can walk around until you find one without talking to her unlike angler npc that you need to talk to him to know specific place to fish.

Slime idea :
Samurai slime - slime wear samurai helmet.
Bomb slime - slime look like bomb.
Soldier slime - slime wear military helmet.

Maybe after you defeat king slime, one of the blue slime carry her with him?
Oh man that idea is unique. I'll do this idea. Oh and to @everyone thanks for all the support :p

There Should be biome specific slime. remember these guy?
Jungle_Slime.png
Spiked_Jungle_Slime.png
Lava_Slime.png
Dungeon_Slime.png
Ice_Slime.png
Spiked_Ice_Slime.png
Corrupt_Slime.png
Slimeling.png
Slimer.png
Crimslime.png
Illuminant_Slime.png
True_rainbow_slime.gif
Ik. I want to add biome specific slimes but I can't think of any. I'm thinking of a pirate Slime that spawns at the beach, but I'm not to sure.
[DOUBLEPOST=1434002066,1434001914][/DOUBLEPOST]
Maybe the solidifier (slime furniture and slime block crafting station) should be sold by the slimeologist once you reach hardmode, instead of the steampunker.
Yes. I will add that.

Back
Top Bottom