Weapons & Equip The Snail Family and Snot Put

652Graystripe

Plantera
I was watching some election coverage when I thought of an idea: "What about a weapon that slings mud at enemies?" That, combined with influences from a fun game I played as a kid, as well as my long-suffering friend @Pinelord and his swamp biome suggestion, has morphed into this idea.

G49w0Mx.png

Snairoller (sprite by Pinelord)
'Snail is approaching at an alarming rate.'
-60 HP
-20 damage (rolled)
-10 damage (unrolled)
-5 defense (unrolled)
-25 defense (rolled)
-Spawns underground uncommonly
-Makes itself into a snail unicycle and rolls rapidly at the player; cannot attack if not on level ground with player
-Cannot cling to ceilings nor background walls

CopperCoin.gif
(100%)
-1-4 Gel (100%)
-Snot_Put.pngSnot Put (2.5%)

index.php

Giant Snail (sprite courtesy of Pinelord)
'It doesn't look friendly.'
-100 HP
-25 damage
-15 defense
-Spawns underground rarely
-Moves at the player, inflicts Slow Debuff (20%)

SilverCoin.gif
CopperCoin.gif
(100%)
-1-5 Gel (100%)
-
Fast_Clock.png
Fast Clock (1%)

index.php

Colossal Snail (sprite, again, courtesy of Pinelord)
'Borders on Lovecraftian, as far as snails go.'
-500 HP
-70 damage (contact)
-85 damage (slime balls)
-55 defense
-Spawns in the Caverns rarely during Hardmode
-Moves at the player, spitting slime balls that inflict Slow debuff (50%)

SilverCoin.gif
(100%)
-
Fast_Clock.png
Fast Clock (1%)
-1-3 Gel (100%)

Snot_Put.png
Snotput
'Oh, that's disgusting.'
-17 ranged damage
-31 (slow) speed
-1 (weak) knockback
-Inflicts Slow debuff
-Can use Gel, Arrows, Bullets or Snails as ammunition (Snails give a much higher damage value of +10)
-Shoots in a steep arc

Shotgun_Slug.png
Shotgun Slug (concept thanks to @crackshotCerberus and his zany ideas)
-36 ranged damage
-60 (snail) speed could not resist the pun
-7 (strong) knockback
-Shoots four bullets per one consumed
-Slows enemies on hit for 3 seconds
-Crafted with
138827-01a78ae4124c13ce49d99d08c942ba13.jpg
Soul_of_Fright.gif
x20,
Gel.png
x20 @
Mythril_Anvil.png

Last edited:
I was watching some election coverage when I thought of an idea: "What about a weapon that slings mud at enemies?"
How did I miss this joke.

The colossal snail should have an additional drop. A colossal snail mount. Imagine the look on your enemies faces as their doom very slowly approaches. Plus maybe it could leave a trail of slime that slows and can even stop enemies in their tracks. Maybe even slime ball projectiles to make this ridiculous mount viable.

The colossal snail should have an additional drop. A colossal snail mount. Imagine the look on your enemies faces as their doom very slowly approaches. Plus maybe it could leave a trail of slime that slows and can even stop enemies in their tracks. Maybe even slime ball projectiles to make this ridiculous mount viable.
y e s

gib gib naow

I like it now if you want to make a snail scarier?
The Cone Snail. Lightning speed Harpoons of venomus doom is how snails deal death ;) Might spice up the snails to be a bit more fearsome eh?

0_o The video was aout imput in the post wow unexpected... I only meant for a link...

Staring at the colossal snail sprite made me think of the FTL slug race. Because of that I thought of the worst pun weapon I have ever come up with. Shotgun slug. It fires a group of bullets held together by slime that pierce one enemy. After which it splits into a shotgun-like spray of projectiles.

Anyway that tangent over...
I like it now if you want to make a snail scarier?
The Cone Snail. Lightning speed Harpoons of venomus doom is how snails deal death ;) Might spice up the snails to be a bit more fearsome eh?

0_o The video was aout imput in the post wow unexpected... I only meant for a link...
Ooh I remember seeing those. Not in person mind you. Those are scary, if I recall correctly the venom is potent enough to kill an adult human in mere seconds.

Staring at the colossal snail sprite made me think of the FTL slug race. Because of that I thought of the worst pun weapon I have ever come up with. Shotgun slug. It fires a group of bullets held together by slime that pierce one enemy. After which it splits into a shotgun-like spray of projectiles.

Anyway that tangent over...

Ooh I remember seeing those. Not in person mind you. Those are scary, if I recall correctly the venom is potent enough to kill an adult human in mere seconds.
Yeah They were one of my major ideas for an enemy in the ocean overhaul thread from back in 1.2 with a weapon drop associated with them. The reason I brought them up was because of the hardmode snail resembling them to an extent and I like the idea of a slow yet tough enemy with a lightning fast but short ranged projectile attack.

The cone snail literally are the most terrifying snails on earth hence why it is advised to not pick up cone shaped shells on a beach (yet people still try to do so and get themselves killed...)

Overall I approve the snail idea why will be able to crawl along walls(blocks not "back walls") and ceilings right?

Whoo, revived a little.

-Followed @crackshotCerberus and added the Shotgun Slug
-Want to add the proposal of a snail mount (Cerberus again, the crazy bastard) but am reluctant to sprite it right now so I'll wait
-Tweaked Snot Put's stats a tiny bit
-Clarified for @Dragrath that the snails can't crawl on anything but ground blocks

Last edited:
-Want to add the proposal of a snail mount suggested by @SnailsAttack but am reluctant to sprite it right now so I'll wait

Back
Top Bottom