Texture Pack The Soft Pack

Nim

Steampunker
The Soft Pack [1/10/16] now in the right place!

Description
The Soft Pack is a small pack that tweaks the textures with black outlines, making said textures look more colorful.
Screenshots
Capture 2015-09-22 21_12_43.png Capture 2015-09-22 21_13_06.png Capture 2015-09-22 21_13_35.png Capture 2015-09-22 21_13_17.png
Soft Pack Comparison.png
Download
You can download (Direct) the pack.
How to Install
1. Download (Direct) the pack,

2. Open your Terraria texture directory
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Terraria\Content\Images
or
C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Terraria\Content\Images
3. BACKUP YOUR IMAGE DIRECTORY. SRSLY

4. Extract the pack into your texture directory​
Other
Though I believe the pack is finished, I may have missed something, feel free to tell me if you find anything, and don't be afraid to suggest tweaks.​
Contributors
Thanks to @DarkAwesome for making these textures!
  • All Dungeon Bricks (Green, Blue, Pink)
  • All Ice Blocks (Normal, Pink, Purple, Red)
  • Living Wood
  • Ebonstone
  • Crimstone
  • Gold, Platinum, Cobalt, and Mythril bricks
  • Sunplate Blocks
  • Leaf Blocks
  • Palm Wood

Last edited:
Are you still working on this? The sandstone bricks still have black outlines. Also, would be neat if you did the furniture too, so they don't all have that gray outline.

This looks like it would work well with paints, simple but I like it!

Last edited:
Are you still working on this? The sandstone bricks still have black outlines. Also, would be neat if you did the furniture too, so they don't all have that gray outline.

This looks like it would work well with paints, I like it despite being a simple recolor!
Yes, I am still working on this, sorry, I meant to put an area saying I was open to suggestions.
And Sure! :D

Looking good, I'd like to see the finished result. The concept of a 'soft' pack is somewhat interesting... Hm...

Awesome dude! The one thing that makes Starbound blocks seem a little more natural than Terraria is the lighter edges of blocks. You have done really well so far (I would actually use normal wood for building now) and I hope it carries on!

Can we see more screenshots? XP

I really like how this looks, actually! The sand especially. Can't wait to see more!

Is this still being developed? I haven't checked back for a while. And, as I said last time, could this this published in PNG format, for TCCL?
I probably won't use it until all the trees (incl. cactus) and tiles are done, regardless; it just bugs me to have two tiles so different to each other, side by side. But overall, I really love it. It's a huge improvement on terraria's already-admirable garphics.

Back
Top Bottom