tModLoader The Sorcerer's Mod!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yuyutsu

Dungeon Spirit
Hey everybody! Phoenixblade here, and I present to you guys a small, but extremely fun mod! This mod is:

The Sorcerer's Mod!
This mod is a magic based mod, and was made by me to test both my coding and spriting skills. The mod adds 16 new magic weapons and 1 new material. More info can be found below.
I plan on updating this mod in the future, and I may if I ever want to sprite and code more mage related gear. For now, however, this is it. I hope you enjoy :)

Daybloom Armor Banner.png

Daybloom Armor- Presenting an easy to obtain, full mage armor set for early prehardmode! Each piece is crafted with Fallen Stars and Daybloom at a workbench!

Daybloom Helm - Increases Maximum mana by 20.

Daybloom Garb - Increases Magic damage by 4%
Daybloom Leggings - Increases Magic critical strike chance by 4%
Set Bonus: Increases Magic damage and critical strike chance during daytime

SorcererBanner1.png

Bloodletter- A Staff crafted with Crimtane Bars at an anvil! It shoots out a clump of blood that causes more blood to rain from the sky on hitting an enemy.
Putrid Staff- A Staff crafted with Demonite Bars at an anvil! It shoots out a bolt of putrid energy that spawns another homing bolt upon hitting enemy.
Thornball Staff- Crafted with Jungle Spores and Stingers, this staff shoots out a poisonous, bouncing spore.
Sea Spray- This Staff drops from Dark Casters rarely. It shoots out a bolt of water that slowly decreases in velocity, and then splits into two similar projectiles.
Firespark Staff- A Staff crafted with Hellstone Bars at an anvil. It shoots a small flame that shatters into flametrails on hitting an enemy.
Vessel Drainer- The Crimson Counterpart of the Horizon's Edge is crafted with the Bloodletter, Thornball Staff, Sea Spray, and the Firespark Staff. It shoots out a bloody projectile that spawns two other projectiles soon after. All these projectiles have a chance to steal life.
Horizon's Edge- The Corrupt Counterpart of the Vessel Drainer is crafted with the Putrid Staff, Thornball Staff, Sea Spray, and the Firespark Staff. It opens a portal from the edge of the Horizon to shoot homing projectiles at foes. Those bolt inflict a damaging debuff.
Hallowed Staff- This Staff is crafted with Hallowed Bars at an anvil. It shoots out three enchanted swords in quick succession that lower enemy defense.
SorcererBanner2.png

True Staves!
Broken Hero Staff- A crafting material that drops from Mothron rarely. It is involved in the crafting of the True Staves.
True Vessel Drainer- The True Vessel Drainer summons a blood clot at the cursor position, raining ichor and life-stealing, homing blood down below. It is crafted with the Vessel Drainer and the Broken Hero staff.
True Horizon's Edge- This staff shoots out a mixture of cursed flames and dark energy, which splits into a volley of cursed flames and homing energy upon hitting an enemy or tile. Crafted with the Horizon's Edge and a Broken Hero Staff.
True Hallowed Staff- The Staff rapid fires pink swords at enemies which inflict a debuff that lowers both enemy defense and damage. It also occasionally shoots out homing blue swords.
Terra Staff- Crafted with one of the Corrupt/Crimson True Staves and the True Hallowed Staff, the Terra Staff shoots a projectile that splits into multiple tiny, homing projectiles. These projectiles inflict the wrath of the elements.

Steampunk Banner.png

Cogtraption Staff- Crafted with Wires, Cogs, and a Mana Crystal at an anvil! Upon use, it shoots out two two cogs that explode on contact with enemies or mobs!

Jungle Banner.png

Jungle Weapons!
Chlorophyte Staff - Crafted with Chlorophyte Bars at an anvil! Summons a chlorophyte portal that rapidly shoots homing chlorophyte shots!

Turtle Staff - Crafted with one Chlorophyte Staff and Turtle Shells at an Anvil! Summons an aura of chlorophyte next to the player that deals damage and absorbs projectiles!

Banners.png

Frost Weapons!

Frigid Gale- Crafted with Titanium Bars and a Frost Core at a Hardmode Anvil. It shoots out two homing icicles!
Blizzard Opus- Crafted with Titanium Bars and a Frost Core at a Hardmode Anvil. shoots out a snowflake that slows down over time and then splits into two smaller snowflakes.

Forbidden Weapons!
Dunewind Staff- Crafted with Forbidden Fragments and Titanium Bars at a Hardmode Anvil. Summons an Ancient Storm at the cursor position!
The Sandstorm- Crafted with Forbidden Fragments and Titanium Bars at a Hardmode Anvil. Shoots a wall of golden sand that inflicts the Midas debuff!

Huge thanks to @Iriazul, @MountainDrew, @Zocklukas, and everyone on the tmodLoader Discord for help with code!

And that's it! I'd love to get any feedback you guys have about balancing, bugs, and more!
I'll be adding gifs of all the weapons when/if I can.

Download:
You can download the Mod on the Mod Browser and in the Zip File attached here.

As for these staves being added to The Spirit Mod, they most likely will, later on. For now, however, it's an independent project. Once again, I hope you enjoy! Thanks for reading, and have a nice day :)

Attachments

• Sorcerer'sMod.zip
    88.1 KB · Views: 1,827
Last edited:
Nice mod, looking forward to it
I felt like there was no magic focus "small" mods and now this appeared.
thank you

like the idea but i am weird where i think of pure magic as caster and summoner magic hybrid as sorcerer
im probably alone on this

Hey everybody! Phoenixblade here, and I present to you guys a small, but extremely fun mod! This mod is:

The Sorcerer's Mod!
This mod is a magic based mod, and was made by me to test both my coding and spriting skills. The mod adds 12 new staves and 1 new material. These staves are the Magic Counterpart to the Terra Blade, and all other staves, and all of its predecessors. More info can be found below.
I don't plan on updating this mod in the future, but I may if I ever want to sprite and code more mage related gear. For now, however, this is it. I hope you enjoy :)

View attachment 142879 Bloodletter- A Staff crafted with Crimtane Bars at an anvil! It shoots out a clump of blood that causes more blood to rain from the sky on hitting an enemy.
View attachment 142891 Putrid Staff- A Staff crafted with Demonite Bars at an anvil! It shoots out a bolt of putrid energy that spawns another homing bolt upon hitting enemy.
View attachment 142883 Thornball Staff- Crafted with Jungle Spores and Stingers, this staff shoots out a poisonous, bouncing spore.
View attachment 142882 Sea Spray- This Staff drops from Dark Casters rarely. It shoots out a bolt of water that slowly decreases in velocity, and then splits into two similar projectiles
View attachment 142880 Firespark Staff- A Staff crafted with Hellstone Bars at an anvil. It shoots a small flame that shatters into flametrails on hitting an enemy.
View attachment 142890 Vessel Drainer- The Crimson Counterpart of the Horizon's Edge is crafted with the Bloodletter, Thornball Staff, Sea Spray, and the Firespark Staff. It shoots out a bloody projectile that spawns two other projectiles soon after. All these projectiles have a chance to steal life.
View attachment 142884 Horizon's Edge- The Corrupt Counterpart of the Vessel Drainer is crafted with the Putrid Staff, Thornball Staff, Sea Spray, and the Firespark Staff. It opens a portal from the edge of the Horizon to shoot homing projectiles at foes. Those bolt inflict a damaging debuff.
View attachment 142881 Hallowed Staff- This Staff is crafted with Hallowed Bars at an anvil. It shoots out three enchanted swords in quick succession that lower enemy defense.
View attachment 142889 Broken Hero Staff- A crafting material that drops from Mothron rarely. It is involved in the crafting of the True Staves.
View attachment 142887 True Vessel Drainer- The True Vessel Drainer summons a blood clot at the cursor position, raining ichor and life-stealing, homing blood down below. It is crafted with the Vessel Drainer and the Broken Hero staff.
View attachment 142885 True Horizon's Edge- This staff shoots out a mixture of cursed flames and dark energy, which splits into a volley of cursed flames and homing energy upon hitting an enemy or tile. Crafted with the Horizon's Edge and a Broken Hero Staff.
View attachment 142888 True Hallowed Staff- The Staff rapid fires pink swords at enemies which inflict a debuff that lowers both enemy defense and damage. It also occasionally shoots out homing blue swords.
View attachment 142886 And finally, it is the Terra Staff- Crafted with one of the Corrupt/Crimson True Staves and the True Hallowed Staff, the Terra Staff shoots a projectile that splits into multiple tiny, homing projectiles. These projectiles inflict the wrath of the elements.

Huge thanks to @Iriazul, @MountainDrew, @Zocklukas, and everyone on the tmodLoader Discord for help with code!

And that's it! I'd love to get any feedback you guys have about balancing, bugs, and more!
I'll be adding gifs of all the weapons when/if I can.

Download:
You can download the Mod on the Mod Browser and in the Zip File attached here.

As for these staves being added to The Spirit Mod, they most likely will, later on. For now, however, it's an independent project. Once again, I hope you enjoy! Thanks for reading, and have a nice day :)
What happen to that granite staff?

Hey PheonixBlade, I made a mod showcase on my channel Braverion for your mod yesterday since it was a pretty cool and fun mod! I would like you check it out to see if you like it!

Thank you all for the support! I really appreciate it :)
Update 1.0.1 is out!
- Adds two new Frost Weapons, Blizzard Opus and Frigid Gale
- Adds two new Forbidden Weapons, Dunewind Staff and The Sandstorm
- Restructured the OP
- Nerfed the True Hallowed Staff a little.

I'm in the spriting mood, so expect more updates! Let me know if you have any ideas, I'd love to hear or implement them!

Thank you all for the support! I really appreciate it :)
Update 1.0.1 is out!
- Adds two new Frost Weapons, Blizzard Opus and Frigid Gale
- Adds two new Forbidden Weapons, Dunewind Staff and The Sandstorm
- Restructured the OP
- Nerfed the True Hallowed Staff a little.

I'm in the spriting mood, so expect more updates! Let me know if you have any ideas, I'd love to hear or implement them!

What about an accessory that promotes a safer way of using your magic and another that promotes a more effective and dangerous method?

The former would be perhaps, the Eye of Horus. With Forbidden Fragments, Souls of Light, and some necklace accessory, you earn a damage resist at higher MP, a minor +5% magic damage buff, and -15% less mana used, but -10 Defense when MP is below 25%, and magic casting speed is lowered.

The other would be the Amulet of Set, and has 10% increased magic damage (15% when MP is below 50%) and CRIT chance, increased casting speed, and triple Mana regen when Mana is lower than 20%. But lowered mana regen when over 50% MP, and magic attacks spawn explosions that hurt enemies AND you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom