tModLoader The Sorcerer's Mod!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this mod has some pretty cool weapons in it so far. Loving them. Though I do have a bit of a suggestion. The Chlorophyte staff might need a bit of tweaking imop. It seems to shoot in only one direction and that makes it fairly awkward to use at time as it'll only curve towards nearby enemies if they're in that direction first. Compare that to something like the Horizon's Edge which does roughly the same thing but with better pathing and tracking skills (and lasts longer) that it just seems to fall short to me.

So this mod has some pretty cool weapons in it so far. Loving them. Though I do have a bit of a suggestion. The Chlorophyte staff might need a bit of tweaking imop. It seems to shoot in only one direction and that makes it fairly awkward to use at time as it'll only curve towards nearby enemies if they're in that direction first. Compare that to something like the Horizon's Edge which does roughly the same thing but with better pathing and tracking skills (and lasts longer) that it just seems to fall short to me.
Thanks for your feedback! I'll be sure to tweak that in a bit :)

Okay so finally managed to get a sandstorm going. Couple of things to note now that I got to play with some other weapons. First off the books created by the Forgotten fragment and Frost Core are nearly useless. The sand one has weird positions shot and will break after two hits. While the knockback is nice these hits ALSO take into account any critter in the way for some reason. The blizzard one doesn't do nearly enough damage to be considered useful in any means. Also the blizzard STAFF is decent but I feel like its damage is much too weak for effective use. Especially if you get the Horizon's Edge or the Chlorophyte Staff.

Also the Crimson staff upgrade has the weirdest damage. I tried various methods but it seems to pierce enemies and keep on going...before splitting into the life stealing orbs which break on the second target. Its damage is fairly weak and it only gets about two hits in before it drops as well. The multiple shots don't seem to hit multiple times though hitting such a spread out attack would be difficult.

Dunewind staff, according to the OP, does not actually drop the sandstorm at the cursor but rather your position. Possibly a bug? I think the crafting recipe may be wrong as well for the Turtle Staff. I'll need to double check that one though.

All I got for now. I'll try to make the other weapons as soon as I can (the solar eclipse is such a pain until I beat Plantera) but hopefully this helps out.

Okay so finally managed to get a sandstorm going. Couple of things to note now that I got to play with some other weapons. First off the books created by the Forgotten fragment and Frost Core are nearly useless. The sand one has weird positions shot and will break after two hits. While the knockback is nice these hits ALSO take into account any critter in the way for some reason. The blizzard one doesn't do nearly enough damage to be considered useful in any means. Also the blizzard STAFF is decent but I feel like its damage is much too weak for effective use. Especially if you get the Horizon's Edge or the Chlorophyte Staff.

Also the Crimson staff upgrade has the weirdest damage. I tried various methods but it seems to pierce enemies and keep on going...before splitting into the life stealing orbs which break on the second target. Its damage is fairly weak and it only gets about two hits in before it drops as well. The multiple shots don't seem to hit multiple times though hitting such a spread out attack would be difficult.

Dunewind staff, according to the OP, does not actually drop the sandstorm at the cursor but rather your position. Possibly a bug? I think the crafting recipe may be wrong as well for the Turtle Staff. I'll need to double check that one though.

All I got for now. I'll try to make the other weapons as soon as I can (the solar eclipse is such a pain until I beat Plantera) but hopefully this helps out.
Huge thanks for all the feedback! I think I know how to fix all of that, and I'll be releasing a hotfix update in the next few hours, so stay tuned :D

Released a small update!
Update 1.0.6
- Buffed Vessel Drainer by making it pierce infinitely and spawn it's projectiles closer together
- Buffed the Frigid Gale's projectile and damage
- Buffed the Frost Tome's projectile by making it pierce infinitely
- Made the Desert Tome pierce more
- Made the Desert Staff summon at the cursor

- Added the Daybloom Set! Go check it out!

Released a small update!
Update 1.0.6
- Buffed Vessel Drainer by making it pierce infinitely and spawn it's projectiles closer together
- Buffed the Frigid Gale's projectile and damage
- Buffed the Frost Tome's projectile by making it pierce infinitely
- Made the Desert Tome pierce more
- Made the Desert Staff summon at the cursor

- Added the Daybloom Set! Go check it out!
Just tested these changes out. Vessel Drainer is LOADS better now with the piercing and tighter spread making it an amazing weapon for events and such. Frigid Gale is much better now though its cast speed/move speed could probably use a small buff. Frost Tome is 100% better now and I feel like is in an amazing spot. Desert Tome piercing is much better now too though it's a bit slow but I feel like that's not entirely a bad thing. It's handy for creating space from you and enemies that are affected by knockback.

A little second post. I managed to upgrade some of the staffs. I -love- the Terra Staff but it seems to have a massive glaring flaw in it. It doesn't break on contact with an enemy only terrain. This means it just passes through things until it hits terrain which then causes it to erupt to do its full damage. That might need to be fixed. Also the True Horizon's Edge is nice for mobbing things but the star pattern is a bit tricky to hit with all but the sides. Not a huge deal though (I love that star explosion effect) just thought I'd give my opinions on it too!

Hey all! The mod has been updated to 0.9 and a new Cultist drop has been added! Go check it out in the Mod Browser or in the attached zip file (also the zip file in the OP). I look forward to support and suggestions :)

Attachments

• Sorcerer'sMod.zip
    88.1 KB · Views: 176
Hey all! The mod has been updated to 0.9 and a new Cultist drop has been added! Go check it out in the Mod Browser or in the attached zip file (also the zip file in the OP). I look forward to support and suggestions :)
Hurray, I can finally download this mod :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom